Subban traded to Nashville

dlbalr

To all those that constantly said, that the Mt-Subban issuea weren't a big deal and at the end is th day subban would b here long after that SOB My was gone - I told you this e going to end badly. The Edmonton rumour was much better than this bs.

For this of you who supported and defended this crappy Management team, what do you think now?????

I've been a Habs fan my entire life. And given my age, that means a lot of bad years and only one Cup that I am old enough to remember. But not until now have I ever wavered in my support for the team. After this, however, I'm not sure I can root for this team until Bergevin and Therrien are both gone.

I always blamed the Roy trade on Roy, so didn't hate the team for making the trade. So even though that trade had a worse return, this trade is so much worse to me.

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

Subban must have been terrible in the dressing room

So now what happens with the millions he just donated?

So we get three years older in the deal to save just over a million but paying for longer term.

How did Molson let this go through?????? Subban is a huge marketable player and has already given back so much to the Montreal community.

Bergevin is an idiot. There is no upside to this trade

• Upvote 1

To all those that constantly said, that the Mt-Subban issuea weren't a big deal and at the end is th day subban would b here long after that SOB My was gone - I told you this e going to end badly. The Edmonton rumour was much better than this bs.

For this of you who supported and defended this crappy Management team, what do you think now?????

OK you mos def got me hold hot fresh tut!! In my defense I was giving MB a chance to work since I was thinking he needed more time. This is just TUT!!!

Weber has 5 years left at an average of 7.8 million$ per year!

10 years, not 5.

Bergevin on the trade:

“We completed today an important transaction which I am convinced will make the Canadiens a better team. It was also one of the most difficult decisions I had to make as general manager of the Montreal Canadiens. In Shea Weber, we get a top rated NHL defenseman with tremendous leadership, and a player who will improve our defensive group as well as our powerplay for many years to come. Shea Weber led all NHL defensemen last season with 14 powerplay goals. He is a complete rearguard with impressive size and a powerful shot. P.K. Subban is a special and very talented player. He provided the Canadiens organization with strong performances on the ice and generous commitment in the community. I wish him the best of luck with the Predators,” said Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin.

This is an all-or-nothing gamble that, even if it succeeds, we'll be cursing in 4-5 years.

If it works the way Bergevin wants, this makes this team better right now, and for the next 2-3 years. But Subban is hitting his prime, and Weber's on the decline, and we're on the hook for Weber's contract long, long after he'll be a useful player in the NHL.

If the Habs manage to turn this team into a Stanley cup winner NOW, Bergevin will have gotten what he wanted. Those are long odds, even if the trade works. I wouldn't bank the future on it like that...

I'd imagine that will continue. The commitment has been made, he couldn't really back out now.

Why on earth would he give that much money to a community he's not going to be a part of? I'd guess whatever of that sum that hasn't been paid out will be cancelled, and he'll find a charitable cause in Nashville.

I could stomach a Subban trade, be we they just took on a 10 year contract on a 30 yr old defenseman and got nothing, nothing additional back in the deal.

This reminds me so much of the Chelios for Savard deals and the Roy trade I think I am going to be sick.

Never ever did I think we'd give up PK. I can only hope that he really is annoying to his teammates and that as a club the Habs never would have won with him.

That said, upside aside, one for one for the next couple of years (when our Price/Patch window is the widest), I think Weber is the better overall defenseman. 5 years from now? We will regret this trade UNLESS we have a couple of shiny new Stanley Cup victories between now and then.

• Upvote 1

If I'm Molson, when MB comes to me to ask what I think of this trade, I fire him on the spot...and tell him to take MT with him. I'm disgusted. Short term...it may look pretty good...but Weber is 30 now, and it won't take too many years for this to look very VERY bad.

I hope someone slugs that SOB MT at the press conference. Him and MT should be run out of town on a rail - after being tarred, feathered and shot.

BS trade. So what do you MT and MB supporters think now?????? Fxck this. this is 10x worse than Roy. Hell the Edmonton deal would have been better than this. Fxck. fxck. fxck!