Subban traded to Nashville

dlbalr

Weber lead the league on PP goals last year, is defensively more solid. I'll stand by my statement. I think Subban is more creative, more prone to turnovers as well, I think I remember reading the habs had like 3 of the top 10 dmen in turnovers last year. big Problem.

can't wait util Friday when MB gets the habs more character.

I might have called St Loius on Shattenkirk plus for Subban.

- Yes, Weber is good on a PP run by good coaches.

- No, he isn't defensively more solid. His ability to get the puck out of his own zone is really bad these days. Roman Josi does the defensive work for him.

- Also high in turnovers: Brent Burns, Drew Doughty, and Erik Karlsson. You know, defencemen who often have the puck.

I'm so angry I can't even sit still for more than a minute or two at a time. Fighting urges to throw/break stuff...it's a good thing I'm not in MTL or I might do something crazy.

Weber lead the league on PP goals last year, is defensively more solid. I'll stand by my statement. I think Subban is more creative, more prone to turnovers as well, I think I remember reading the habs had like 3 of the top 10 dmen in turnovers last year. big Problem.

can't wait util Friday when MB gets the habs more character.

I might have called St Loius on Shattenkirk plus for Subban.

He is not defensively more solid.... MYTH...

20qmvxt.png

Question.

Would you give the "C" to Weber"?

Yeah, that would be a hot selling jersey. WEber is going to have enough pressure replacing the MOST POPULAR habs fan in over 20 years.

Given the gutless play of Max last season, damn right I would.

The more I think about it the more I think the team's suckiness last year stems from the dysfunctional mess the locker room was in due to the lack of a bonifide, respected leader.

Enter Weber. Give him the C.

This team has changed its identity 10 fold in the span of 3 days.

At least Weber isn't from the Blackhawk organization?

(Grasping for positives here)

MB and MT planning on playing Sergachev with Weber right at the start of next season? Maybe they feel Sergachev is a fantastic player already and playing with a veteran leader like Weber will help him develop even faster? Must be some reason they trade Subban for Weber and not for something that look better that I am sure they got offered....

Beaulieu better clinch Markov's spot on 1st pair real soon or we could be looking at the second coming of Adam Foote and Rob Blake in terms of lack of speed on the top pair.

MB and MT planning on playing Sergachev with Weber right at the start of next season? Maybe they feel Sergachev is a fantastic player already and playing with a veteran leader like Weber will help him develop even faster? Must be some reason they trade Subban for Weber and not for something that look better that I am sure they got offered....

You know it's funny that you say that. The other day on TSN someone was saying along the lines that yes Sergachev is NHL ready but they don't really have a babysitter for him. He said maybe you roll the dice if you say have Doughty or Weber.

That being said I don't think Sergachev will be with habs this season. I think this was just pure MT/MB not liking Subban and overreacting to the disaster that was last year.

If this doesn't produce a cup in 2-3 yrs then it's a complete failure and even if it does then we're still losing the better player but it's forgivable because the cup is the ultimate and it's worth crippling the team if it gets you the prize. Sucks to see Subban gone. Weber doesn't have a 1/5 of the skill Subban's got but I understand there's more to it than that. Maybe Subban was a cancer in the room, who knows. It's ok I've been looking for an excuse to stop watching games anyway. 7-8 hrs a week is a lot of time I could put to better use. This team is going to have to impress me to get me back watching games. The future is right now has never been a more apt phrase because a huge part of this team's future just left town and my gut instinct is it's not going to work. I hope it's part of a bigger plan bringing in some big name help upfront.

If this doesn't produce a cup in 2-3 yrs then it's a complete failure and even if it does then we're still losing the better player but it's forgivable because the cup is the ultimate and it's worth crippling the team if it gets you the prize. Sucks to see Subban gone. Weber doesn't have a 1/5 of the skill Subban's got but I understand there's more to it than that. Maybe Subban was a cancer in the room, who knows. It's ok I've been looking for an excuse to stop watching games anyway. 7-8 hrs a week is a lot of time I could put to better use. This team is going to have to impress me to get me back watching games. The future is right now has never been a more apt phrase because a huge part of this team's future just left town and my gut instinct is it's not going to work. I hope it's part of a bigger plan bringing in some big name help upfront.

yeah, we may have feed up space to sign Ladd.

The more I think about it the more I think the team's suckiness last year stems from the dysfunctional mess the locker room was in due to the lack of a bonifide, respected leader.

Enter Weber. Give him the C.

This team has changed its identity 10 fold in the span of 3 days.

Max couldn't lead flies to poop, as the old saying goes. I will never be able to respect him again after seeing his floating sulky play last year...can't stand him.