Subban traded to Nashville

dlbalr

This trade was MT not liking or knowing how to use dynamic and talented players. He wants boring defence only hockey. He wanted PK out and Berg got fleeced. He should have gotten a prospect or pick to go with Weber.

Remember, Berg and MT don't believe in analytics and stats. They believe in "character" and "the right stuff".

My prediction.... MT is gone in 18 months. PK will be awesome in Nashville, we will be treading water and this trade will look as brutal as we think.

So what cave have you been living in to compare Souray with Weber?

The only things they have in common is they are both 6'4" and have a great slap shot, that's it.

Jesus people, have the common sense to realize what a great defenseman Weber is...

Hey, I loved Souray. Meant as a compliment. Big tough d men with cannon shots can be exciting to watch as well is the point I was making. No one happier than me to see the last of Subban. I just wish everyone would shut up about him.

This trade was MT not liking or knowing how to use dynamic and talented players. He wants boring defence only hockey. He wanted PK out and Berg got fleeced. He should have gotten a prospect or pick to go with Weber.

Remember, Berg and MT don't believe in analytics and stats. They believe in "character" and "the right stuff".

My prediction.... MT is gone in 18 months. PK will be awesome in Nashville, we will be treading water and this trade will look as brutal as we think.

I think we get 3-5 years out of Weber ( I really hope he last s longer) which is when this trade is going to look stupid. Remember, Berg and MT don't believe in analytics and stats. They believe in "character" and "the right stuff". I concur.

I think we get 3-5 years out of Weber ( I really hope he last s longer) which is when this trade is going to look stupid. Remember, Berg and MT don't believe in analytics and stats. They believe in "character" and "the right stuff". I concur.

Hey this is where I actually differ from the crowd once again. I admit that it could just be me being stubborn but I think the vast majority of people are not giving Weber a long enough timeline in regards to how long he will still be effective. Admitedly, I don't like his chances to still be as effective at the age of 40 but in terms of the modern game and modern athlete, I don't see why Weber doesn't have at the very least a chance to still be a very effective for at least another 6-7 years.

The only concerning part for me is that there are some Predator fans who have had the chance to watch him closely who make statements like "he is on the decline". Are they just demonstrating sour grapes or is there something to it? He's probably lost a step since his early Nashiville days considering he had been there for so long but if you ask me, Subban has lost a step as well since his rookie year. There are ways to work around it and I don't think Weber's strength ever was his speed. He seems like an intelligent athlete and I think he can work to his strengths for a long time still.

Weber's game is predicated on size, strength, smarts and shot. Those things last a lot longer than skating speed and moves. He'll be effective as long as Subban is. Nashville won't honor Subby's no move clause, it's just as likely they get tired of him and shuffle him down the road again in a couple years.

Weber isn't going to be terrible, no one is saying that...what we are saying is he currently isn't as good as Subban and will decline much sooner (injuries aside). He will still be a decent defenseman in a couple of years, but he won't be top ten in the league and PK might be top 5 still.

This trade might have been better if Weber came with a pick or prospect, but straight up it is simply a terrible deal.

the numbers indicate that there is something to the preds fans saying weber is on the decline. Its already started.

As for big tough defencemen lasting longer than good skating dmen... there is very little to suggest this is the case, and plenty to suggest the opposite is indeed true. Puckmovers typically age better than dmen known for hitting and blocking shots.

Weber's game is predicated on size, strength, smarts and shot. Those things last a lot longer than skating speed and moves. He'll be effective as long as Subban is. Nashville won't honor Subby's no move clause, it's just as likely they get tired of him and shuffle him down the road again in a couple years.

that could be.

Weber isn't going to be terrible, no one is saying that...what we are saying is he currently isn't as good as Subban and will decline much sooner (injuries aside). He will still be a decent defenseman in a couple of years, but he won't be top ten in the league and PK might be top 5 still.

This trade might have been better if Weber came with a pick or prospect, but straight up it is simply a terrible deal.

I agree with that.

Hey this is where I actually differ from the crowd once again. I admit that it could just be me being stubborn but I think the vast majority of people are not giving Weber a long enough timeline in regards to how long he will still be effective. Admitedly, I don't like his chances to still be as effective at the age of 40 but in terms of the modern game and modern athlete, I don't see why Weber doesn't have at the very least a chance to still be a very effective for at least another 6-7 years.

The only concerning part for me is that there are some Predator fans who have had the chance to watch him closely who make statements like "he is on the decline". Are they just demonstrating sour grapes or is there something to it? He's probably lost a step since his early Nashiville days considering he had been there for so long but if you ask me, Subban has lost a step as well since his rookie year. There are ways to work around it and I don't think Weber's strength ever was his speed. He seems like an intelligent athlete and I think he can work to his strengths for a long time still.

No they have actually watched him which we in the east have not.

The thing you have to ask yourself in all this is why the team voted for max to win the charity award after pk donates a record amount by an athlete. I really think it says a lot about the dressing room. Not a max vs PK, or a Therrien vs PK argument, but a team vs PK argument. I think that vote says a lot about the team dynamic.

I love PK. I'm gonna watch Nashville just to see him play, but I think his self promotion became nauseating for the whole team including management and they had a shot to switch up the chemistry in the room. So they took it.

Again. I'm not supporting this trade. It sickens me. But I do ask myself these questions and they are hard to ignore.

The thing you have to ask yourself in all this is why the team voted for max to win the charity award after pk donates a record amount by an athlete. I really think it says a lot about the dressing room. Not a max vs PK, or a Therrien vs PK argument, but a team vs PK argument. I think that vote says a lot about the team dynamic.

I love PK. I'm gonna watch Nashville just to see him play, but I think his self promotion became nauseating for the whole team including management and they had a shot to switch up the chemistry in the room. So they took it.

Again. I'm not supporting this trade. It sickens me. But I do ask myself these questions and they are hard to ignore.

A reporter asked Pacioretty about that award and said that he wasn't aware Pacioretty was involved in charities back home. Pacioretty responeded saying.. 'not everyone needs attention publicly for what they do privately.' That's not a quote but he said something very close to that. I believe that that speaks volumes.

Subban 532 PIM in 434GP

Weber 568PIM in 763GP

Is there a way to see who's been in the box for more ppg's against? lol

Hey, I loved Souray. Meant as a compliment. Big tough d men with cannon shots can be exciting to watch as well is the point I was making. No one happier than me to see the last of Subban. I just wish everyone would shut up about him.

Sorry Ethan, wasn't meant directly at you, I agree with you that I am wishing people would just get over it too, and stop with the assumption that Subban is far superior to Weber. It's simply not true. With all the whining about it, some STFU would be nice, the deal is done.

Last season I remember watching Habs vs Predators, and watching the PP for both team, I recall wishing Subban was as smart as Weber, Subban's point shots and movement of the puck at the blue wasn't nearly as effective as Weber, and Weber made him look bush league to be honest.

We had Subban signed for 6 more years, unmovable player/contract unless he wanted moved, Weber will still be good for 6 years, really good, and if he starts to fade, he IS a trade-able player/contract.

I can't wait until October to tell you the truth...

• Upvote 1

and stop with the assumption that Subban is far superior to Weber. It's simply not true. With all the whining about it, some STFU would be nice, the deal is done.

Except all the metrics numbers proving Subban is better...

• Upvote 1

How is Weber tradeable if he fades?

Why are people even rationalizing the trade in that way?

You should be having confidence that Weber will be better than Subban for the next six years. I don't see a lot of that. I see a lot of, "he's not that bad" but not much, "Montreal got the superior player for now and when Subban's deal is done." Just a lot of rationalizing.

Reminds me of me after the Gomez trade.

I never said I didn't have confidence in Weber, in fact I have more confidence in him than I had in Subban.

All I'm saying is Weber doesn't have the protection of a NTC like Subban would have in the event things go downhill, that's all.

I believe we are a better team with Weber, and will be for the same number of years we had Subban signed for.

Yep, because we all know that the metrics mean everything... :monkey:

Weber wont be terrible but is a terrible deal. You must have one good crystal ball.

fortune_teller_105.jpg

Is better at what... marketing his brand and self-promotion, that I agree with? :popcorn:

Is better at what... marketing his brand and self-promotion, that I agree with? :popcorn:

For an actual informed analysis, try this: http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2016/6/30/12064258/Pk-subban-shea-weber-trade-montreal-canadiens-nashville-predators-analysis-still-bad

Weber is mainly better at being a Good Canadian Boy.

If the room was against PK because they were jealous of the attention he gets in the city and media, or his style, etc, then it doesn't bode well for the leadership in the room and management. Good leadership would have told the whiners to stuff it. PK has done great things in the city and takes a lot of heat and pressure off the rest of them. Good leaders would have stood behind him. If Pacs is slamming PK for making a big charity splash, then I don't have much respect for him. He needs to grow up.

• Upvote 1

If the room was against PK because they were jealous of the attention he gets in the city and media, or his style, etc, then it doesn't bode well for the leadership in the room and management. Good leadership would have told the whiners to stuff it. PK has done great things in the city and takes a lot of heat and pressure off the rest of them. Good leaders would have stood behind him. If Pacs is slamming PK for making a big charity splash, then I don't have much respect for him. He needs to grow up.

Shea Weber for Captain!

Shea Weber for Captain!

I think that is pretty much a done deal. Maxpac has not shown himself to be captain material.

For an actual informed analysis, try this: http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2016/6/30/12064258/Pk-subban-shea-weber-trade-montreal-canadiens-nashville-predators-analysis-still-bad

Weber is mainly better at being a Good Canadian Boy.

I beg to differ...my analysis is informed, just maybe is bit biased, flawed and amateurish that's all.