Subban traded to Nashville

dlbalr

So I'm not worried at all. Weber is axiomatically one of the NHL's favoured Good Guys. In the topsy-turvy world of NHL justice, that designation means that - again, axiomatically - he warrants the benefit of the doubt.

He only got a fine for smashing Zetterberg's head into the boards at the end of a playoff game so yeah probably.

Of course that was four seasons ago, back when Weber was untouchable. Now he can be traded for a diving giveaway machine.

He only got a fine for smashing Zetterberg's head into the boards at the end of a playoff game so yeah probably.

Of course that was four seasons ago, back when Weber was untouchable. Now he can be traded for a diving giveaway machine.

A very skilled diving giveaway machine.

Oh ya, forgot to add that Subban is NHL champion diver (was thinking it was only giveaways he led NHL in). Will he repeat and hold on to that title also again this year in Nashville?

Actually, the real NHL Champions divers was Nazem Kadri last season, getting fined twice.

Runner-up was James Neal with 3 embellishment calls.

Don't rule out Joseph Blandisi from the Devils too early as he needed only 22 games last season to get 2 embellishment calls AND a fine.

To add more fuel to the gas, guess who got an embellishment call last season as well ? Shea Weber. :)

As for Subban, he was fined twice in the 2014-2015 seasons, for 2 different incidents.

Malkin, Marchand, Forsberg and Semin were also called twice for embellishment that season.

• Upvote 1

Actually, the real NHL Champions divers was Nazem Kadri last season, getting fined twice.

Don't rule out Joseph Blandisi from the Devils too early as he needed only 22 games last season to get 2 embellishment calls AND a fine.

To add more fuel to the gas, guess who got an embellishment call last season as well ? Shea Weber. :)

As for Subban, he was fined twice in the 2014-2015 seasons, for 2 different incidents.

Malkin, Marchand, Forsberg and Semin were also called twice for embellishment that season.

Pesky facts getting in the way of the narrative.

I've always found the Subban is a diver stuff a bit much. It was like a trend that rival clubs started like Bruin fans and Leaf fans to bash the guy.

Probably because they had some doozies in that department in their own cupboard.

I've always found the Subban is a diver stuff a bit much. It was like a trend that rival clubs started like Bruin fans and Leaf fans to bash the guy.

Probably because they had some doozies in that department in their own cupboard.

It's that famous dive he had in Boston, the one where he looked back to see if the ref was watching and did a trust fall down to the ice. That was arguably the worst dive in the history of sports and the first time in my life I was embarrassed to be a Canadiens fan.

That was the first time you were embarrassed?

This is far worse, like about 1000 times.

I don't think I had the same faculties back then. When that happened, I was a middle schooler which is a near terminal state of embarrassment with teachers, early rejections from girls, pack like behavior in friends' groups and being under total adult control. When the Subban dive happened, I was an adult living a half hour outside Boston.

That was the first time you were embarrassed?

This is far worse, like about 1000 times.

Claude Lemieux was a beaut, trainers wouldn't even leave the bench with him flipping and flopping all over the ice.

Hi guys, haven't been around for months, but am enjoying reading this thread...

My opinion on the trade... I love it!

I am probably more glad to be back than you guys are to see me, but I sure did miss this place!

:hyper:

• Upvote 1

Hi guys, haven't been around for months, but am enjoying reading this thread...

My opinion on the trade... I love it!

I am probably more glad to be back than you guys are to see me, but I sure did miss this place!

:hyper:

Welcome back, I can only imagine how long it would take to read this whole thread but I bet it would be interesting to do it that way

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Commandant said:

Imagine that EA sports is correct. 

The city might burn to the ground. 

Could be the worst prediction(s) of all time. What are the chances all 4 of those things come true? Matthews & McDavid are the real deal though. 

I'm one of those optimistic and positive fans but the optimism going into the season kind of scares me. Our offense doesn't match up with some other solid teams. I'll agree that come deadline time we could be a single move away from being a contender though. Feels like we've been here before. 

6 minutes ago, Commandant said:

“People said it was a hockey trade. I think it’s the furthest from that,” Subban said to Prewitt. “I think it was a personality trade.”

You forgot Subban's answer to Prewitt's next question of, "How is that?". "They are all just jealous of me and Weber...haha Weber, get real!"  :P

26 minutes ago, Commandant said:

“People said it was a hockey trade. I think it’s the furthest from that,” Subban said to Prewitt. “I think it was a personality trade.”

How can it be a personality trade when it involves Shea Weber?

Skills-9098.gif

32 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

HAHAHAHAHA

X2

Weber is a perfect player for this era - like Toews, a humorless automaton. 'Scary robot' might be the ideal descriptor.

Subban is undoubtedly right.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

X2

Weber is a perfect player for this era - like Toews, a humorless automaton. 'Scary robot' might be the ideal descriptor.

Subban is undoubtedly right.

Yes is partially correct; but he hasn't a clue why and maybe why he hasn't moved on and still chirping the Habs. One day he might figure out what professional means, but he is just one of 600 non-Hab NHLers so, other than his FanClub who cares what he thinks now...GHG.

Weber seems as advertised and impressive debut vs a AHL team in NHL sweaters.