Subban traded to Nashville

dlbalr

Sorry you guys are so sad about the Subban trade, always sucks to lose your favorite player. I personally don't find the new Habs team all that boring last nights game was actually pretty fun to watch.

Wish Subban all the luck in the world with Nashville except against Montreal!:1gohabs:

• Upvote 1

On ‎2016‎-‎10‎-‎15 at 10:51 AM, Commandant said:

Thats a pretty dickish post....

Thanks, will it be a scouting report on Riberio or McDonagh next, that's all I was wondering?

4 hours ago, habs rule said:

It is a lot more than one sign, it is the crowds of people who come to see PK, it is the editorials etc etc etc. As to the popularity of the move in Montreal I cannot comment, but the fact there are 68 pages of debate should tell you this was not a very popular move in many minds. Some still hate it and some, like my self are just resigned to the fact. I find very few who actually like the move.

Of course PK is going to get fan fare in Nashville, he is one of the most exciting players in the league, and of course most are happy about the trade. My point is that not all fans are happy in Nashville about the trade just like not all Hab fans are happy about getting Weber. It is a swap of two stud defenseman and people have their preference of player. And I have no idea how you come to the conclusion that very few Hab fans actually like the trade. Everything that I've come across indicates that most are in favor of the trade. Or at least they are optimistic about the results from said trade. 

4 minutes ago, illWill said:

Of course PK is going to get fan fare in Nashville, he is one of the most exciting players in the league, and of course most are happy about the trade. My point is that not all fans are happy in Nashville about the trade just like not all Hab fans are happy about getting Weber. It is a swap of two stud defenseman and people have their preference of player. And I have no idea how you come to the conclusion that very few Hab fans actually like the trade. Everything that I've come across indicates that most are in favor of the trade. Or at least they are optimistic about the results from said trade. 

as per normal let's choose to disagree, I have no intention of arguing with you nor do we need THE DEBATE started again. Believe what you want I could care less.

20 minutes ago, habs rule said:

as per normal let's choose to disagree, I have no intention of arguing with you nor do we need THE DEBATE started again. Believe what you want I could care less.

It's not a debate of who won the trade, the discussion is what fans think of the trade. Saying that very little Habs fans like the trade would only be correct if you took a poll of people with the last name Subban. I heard 20,000 people go bananas when Weber skated out onto the ice. So yes, I will believe what I do and I will continue to call out B.S statements when I see them 

2 hours ago, illWill said:

Saying that very little Habs fans like the trade would only be correct if you took a poll of people with the last name Subban.

I guess if you want to be ignorant of this thread, ignorant of the Internet, and ignorant of all those same fans who chanted Subban's name during a Habs game, okay. 

It's really silly to be ignorant about this anyway. This is Montreal, where people burned Komisarek jerseys because he signed with Toronto (which was day one a great decision for Montreal) and people held a protest for Alex Kovalev not being signed (but not Saku Koivu, the former captain). It took years for some people to get over Halak getting dealt, there are still people who bring up Kostitsyn's name up as a potential forward for the Habs, and some people still can't get over the McDonaugh trade.

Until the Canadiens win the Cup, grudges will be very easy to grow and sustain. Also, without a Cup to cheer, it's harder to cheer for a team that can't make it to the top. It's a lot easier to instead champion players when the team can't be a champion. 

But for most people, especially here, this is first about Bergevin/Therrien, second about Subban, then way down the list about Shea Weber (and it being about Shea Weber is completely about how he compares to Subban). Most Habs fans are gonna close their eyes and deal with it, just like they dealt with Saku Koivu's spot being replaced by Scott Gomez, just like they dealt with the Eastern Conference final carrier being dealt so the Thoroughbred could play, just like they dealt with Roy being replaced by Jocelyn Thibault. Habs fans endure. That's why management is trying to stuff Sergachev down their throat. It makes enduring easier if there's a future to watch for.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

It took years for some people to get over Halak getting dealt, there are still people who bring up Kostitsyn's name up as a potential forward for the Habs, and some people still can't get over the McDonaugh trade.

Well, they need to get over it because they continue to live in the past. The only mistake there was the McDonaugh trade but even that one had identity changing ramifications for the team which arguably actually paid off in the short term. 

I'm just glad none of you are part of the group in the locker room and I sincerely hope (and doubt) the players think like any of the fans who dislike the trade. 

5 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

I guess if you want to be ignorant of this thread, ignorant of the Internet, and ignorant of all those same fans who chanted Subban's name during a Habs game, okay. 

K I knew that snippet would get a reaction, you didn't quote the rest though. My experience from everywhere Habs related except this thread and the Toronto based media is of a positive reaction of the trade. This thread has excellent opinions and analysis both ways, and I'm not ignorant of myself, I love (ed) P.K. But to basically say all Nashville fans love the trade and very little Habs fans like the trade is complete B.S. 

8 hours ago, illWill said:

It's not a debate of who won the trade, the discussion is what fans think of the trade. Saying that very little Habs fans like the trade would only be correct if you took a poll of people with the last name Subban. I heard 20,000 people go bananas when Weber skated out onto the ice. So yes, I will believe what I do and I will continue to call out B.S statements when I see them 

you must call yourself out a lot.

Almost everyone I talked to liked the Weber/Subban deal, almost everyone I talked to as a fellow Hab faithful, liked the trade. Even Bruins fans and Leaf fans I know, and they know their hockey, all have indicated they like the deal for Mtl.

On this board however, anyone who says their opinion is in favor of the trade is maligned, insulted, and degraded to ignorant status, not nice, not accurate, and just plain old ignorant...

illWill mentioned that "

13 hours ago, illWill said:

It's not a debate of who won the trade, the discussion is what fans think of the trade

And to me, that's all it is, a discussion of what fans think...there is no right or wrong or ignorant, or all knowing, it's just opinions in a discussion, but it always has to take a nasty turn, if someone dares to have the opinion that they like the trade, and states that. It's almost as bad as when anyone supports Therrien. :(

• Upvote 1

The consensus among my buddies here in Toronto was they were shocked Nashville actually gave up Weber. They never imagined an SOB like him to play for the Habs. It was apparent to them on our exhibition match where Weber shut down Matthews and Marner every shift he faced them.

Now the general consensus I get from most fans here is 50/50 a lot of fans just like to hate Montreal as Subban was an overrated bum when with the Habs but now he is a top Dman. Everyone seems to like Weber though.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, illWill said:

K I knew that snippet would get a reaction, you didn't quote the rest though. My experience from everywhere Habs related except this thread and the Toronto based media is of a positive reaction of the trade. This thread has excellent opinions and analysis both ways, and I'm not ignorant of myself, I love (ed) P.K. But to basically say all Nashville fans love the trade and very little Habs fans like the trade is complete B.S. 

Toronto based media? Oh that's rich. What a fantastic source! How do you feel about the Toronto media, illWill?

On 3/10/2015 at 10:15 AM, illWill said:

No matter what the Habs do, there will always be haters not giving them any credit. They made it to the Eastern Conference final, are currently leading the East, and yet all I hear is "the East is wide open". What does it take to be a favorite around here?

On 3/10/2015 at 10:59 AM, illWill said:

Yes, logically the Habs are a favorite from an unbiased perspective. I was more so meaning Canadian media, from which a majority comes out of Toronto and the every day fan that just plain hates the Habs.

I guess when they are haters the moment until they do something you agree with.

Also, yeah, pretty much all of Nashville fans are loving the trade. After the initial shock of Weber being gone, they were excited. I haven't seen any Preds fans saying they refuse to goto games because Weber is gone, or that Poile needs to be fired for this, etc. You're more than welcome to hunt it down. While I agree, there's a lot of Habs fans fine with the trade or even like it, the fact is, most of Nashville is in support of the deal, and I only say most because I know statistically there will always be people who disagree. Just haven't seen any evidence of them.

To be fair Montreals fan base is far greater than Nashvilles it's not even funny. So of course you will see more hysterical Habs fans.

I'm sure there are a lot of Pred fans that are unhappy that their captain is gone but it's the fact that not a lot of people care about hockey down there. This is also apparent when you look at their fan boards. They have a select few posters if any..

1 hour ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Toronto based media? Oh that's rich. What a fantastic source! How do you feel about the Toronto media, illWill?

I guess when they are haters the moment until they do something you agree with.

Also, yeah, pretty much all of Nashville fans are loving the trade. After the initial shock of Weber being gone, they were excited. I haven't seen any Preds fans saying they refuse to goto games because Weber is gone, or that Poile needs to be fired for this, etc. You're more than welcome to hunt it down. While I agree, there's a lot of Habs fans fine with the trade or even like it, the fact is, most of Nashville is in support of the deal, and I only say most because I know statistically there will always be people who disagree. Just haven't seen any evidence of them.

I have no idea what you're trying to say here but I applaud your efforts. I must be really grinding your gears for you to go through my posts from a year ago

"Also, yeah, pretty much all of Nashville fans are loving the trade. After the initial shock of Weber being gone, they were excited" - MOLG

Also, yeah, pretty much all of Montreal fans are loving the trade. After the initial shock of Subban being gone, they were excited" - illWill

It's the same damn thing, how hard is it for people to wrap their head around it? 

One guy takes out an ad in a newspaper crying about the trade and that is evidence?

Comparing Montreal and Nashville's fan bases as if they were the same?

I don't even know what the hell we are even talking about anymore 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, illWill said:

I have no idea what you're trying to say here but I applaud your efforts. I must be really grinding your gears for you to go through my posts from a year ago

that's not surprising.

None of the Habs fans I know are happy about the trade. It's not so much that they're anti-Weber as that they cannot fathom the reasoning for making the deal in the first place, and are dismayed to lose a player as charismatic and exciting as Subban. That said, what could be more futile than pretending to speak for the entire fan-base? While the general tone in 'comments' sections and message boards, as well as media commentary, suggests that the trade was hard to figure - the strongest endorsements basically saying the players are comparable in overall quality, which leaves unanswered the question of why the trade was made at all, at least on Montreal's side, since we get the older guy with the worse contract - none of this is evidence of 'how the fans feel as a whole.' Someone would have to commission a serious scientific survey in order to find that out. Absent that, it's the most futile he said/she said kind of argument.

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

None of the Habs fans I know are happy about the trade.

Hey Buddy, what about me? Actually no, because am not 'happy' with trade; but, am OK with it for sure and just hope it will pay dividends.

PK with another blast on the PP tonight to make the score Subban 2, Weber 1

Come on, #6....even it up on Saturday night.   (I am still pissed that Subban was traded, but am hoping that it's a back and forth battle between these two for most goals by a D-man all season long)

• Upvote 2

On 2016-10-21 at 6:06 PM, sbhatt said:

PK with another blast on the PP tonight to make the score Subban 2, Weber 1

Come on, #6....even it up on Saturday night.   (I am still pissed that Subban was traded, but am hoping that it's a back and forth battle between these two for most goals by a D-man all season long)

That would actually be a slightly perverse outcome for the Habs. Weber is supposed to be the better goal-scorer, Subban the better overall puck-mover. If PK rivals Weber in the 'goals scored' category it eats into one of the justifications for the deal in the first place.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

That would actually be a slightly perverse outcome for the Habs. Weber is supposed to be the better goal-scorer, Subban the better overall puck-mover. If PK rivals Weber in the 'goals scored' category it eats into one of the justifications for the deal in the first place.

Well, lets call it then! Done deal and Nashville has been declared winner of trade.

Wheww, I thought it might take several years to play out, but glad that it only took 2 weeks into the 1st season.

9 minutes ago, DON said:

Well, lets call it then! Done deal and Nashville has been declared winner of trade.

Wheww, I thought it might take several years to play out, but glad that it only took 2 weeks into the 1st season.

Boy, how you go from my post above to this absurd exaggeration is a mystery to me. :rolleyes: Helps to know how to read, I guess.

9 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Boy, how you go from my post above to this absurd exaggeration is a mystery to me. :rolleyes: Helps to know how to read, I guess.

He just loves to stir the pot.

4 hours ago, habs rule said:

He just loves to stir the pot.

Obviously was just joking, OK so it was another lame bit, but that's all I got and not to be taken seriously none the less.:1gohabs: