Subban traded to Nashville

dlbalr

Anyone want to trade records with Nashville at this point? Defencemans results are not best evaluated by points. That is why Harvey was the best ever. IMO (yes, you all can like Orr and his one cup....). Weber is getting the job done more than I could have hoped, if he continues to be a top defenceman into his forties like a few have managed we won this trade big time. I hear talk about him being slow, but I don;t see him being caught up ice or being beaten,. He covers the ice real fast actually, just doesnt need fast choppy strides to do it as he is huge. I love Subban, but I am happy to now have Weber and am sure when Nashville misses the playoffs fans down there will not be happy. I will take cups over flash and goals any day of the week. Hope he brings us some.

• Upvote 2

You're preaching to the choir. I like Weber, and I actually suspect Weber is a better fit for this team right now. (Ask me again in 5 years, though.)

However, it's also not fair. Subban cannot carry Nashville. He is not responsible for Nashville's losses. He has contributed to Nashville's wins. 

We're comparing two amazingly talented, top tier defensemen. There's no clear answer to the question of which one is better right now. The nitty-gritty details are about all we've got. And it's going to be done throughout the season, probably for the next few years.

I'm not saying I like this trade. I would undo it in a heartbeat. But it's not for what it does to the team today.

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, illWill said:

With his 7th goal of the season after only 16 games, Weber has already surpassed the 6 that Subban scored all of last season. 

I thought Therrien would ruin Weber's chance at 20g season?

Weber has had two 23g seasons, can he top those or challenge Lapointe's 28g season?

He is 'on-pace' for 35.8g.

On ‎2016‎-‎10‎-‎13 at 1:32 PM, C-Love said:

I still believe MT shouldn't be here.  I think we'd be a lot better without him, however adding Shaw, Radulov and Weber make us significantly better.  I also like that this is the first year we don't have Desharnais in the top 6 which I think makes us better, Plex finally has offensive minded wingers which makes us better, Gally, Chucky and Nate are one year older and should take a step forward which also makes us better.

I will say that a coaching change may be what would put us over the top but we have many pieces falling into place, more so than previous years.  That's all I'm saying.  I am optimistic, despite of MT.

That would be beyond awesome, but let's keep in mind that Weber is currently shooting for 18,4% of success.

In the last three seasons, he shot for 10,6%, 6,3% and 11.8%.  Quite far from his current %.

10 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

That would be beyond awesome, but let's keep in mind that Weber is currently shooting for 18,4% of success.

In the last three seasons, he shot for 10,6%, 6,3% and 11.8%.  Quite far from his current %.

Shea Weber has 7 goals on 42 shots this year after 17 games played.

If he reverts to 6.3% shooting percentage for the remainder of the season, he'll get another 161 shots and 10 goals, and put him at 17 for the year.

If he hits his usual 10-12%-ish for the remainder of the season, he's going to score 23 - 26 on the season.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Jeff Price (no relation) said:

Shea Weber has 7 goals on 42 shots this year after 17 games played.

If he reverts to 6.3% shooting percentage for the remainder of the season, he'll get another 161 shots and 10 goals, and put him at 17 for the year.

If he hits his usual 10-12%-ish for the remainder of the season, he's going to score 23 - 26 on the season.

22+ goals for a dman is definitely something we could use. Especially if these goals keep coming during the playoffs.

10 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Subban with a pair. One goal away from tying his goal count last year. Played Tampa like they were still a division rival. 

His goal count last year was aberrant, so this is a return to the norm. Good on him.

38 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

His goal count last year was aberrant, so this is a return to the norm. Good on him.

Following both teams has been interesting, especially with media narratives.

In November, Montreal has allowed the 7th most shots against and the 7th most goals against. Nashville has allowed the 8th least amount of shots against and the 3rd least amount of goals against.

Basically, Laviolette tries to suppress shots and get the puck out so Rinne doesn't have to face anymore, and since Rinne has finally gotten back to his top game, it makes him look really good. Compare that to what Therrien does with Price.

But since Montreal started 8-0 and Nashville struggled out of the gate in October, Nashville is a point away from the wildcard while Montreal sits pretty comfortable right now at the top of the Atlantic. It makes it easy to ignore stuff like this and say boy Subban must miss Montreal. I don't know him personally but from the small sample of November hockey for the Preds, I can bet he doesn't miss Therrien, nor does he miss what Therrien does to his goaltenders.

Pk probably doesn't miss MT, but he probably misses the city. Meanwhile, he's not a Hab now and I don't miss him, so all is well in my house.

9 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

. Compare that to what Therrien does with Price.

I can bet he doesn't miss Therrien, nor does he miss what Therrien does to his goaltenders.

What are you talking about?

2 hours ago, KoRP said:

Pk probably doesn't miss MT, but he probably misses the city. Meanwhile, he's not a Hab now and I don't miss him, so all is well in my house.

I loved PK as a Hab but have grown to embrace him as a villain now. I find myself actively routing against him and have been trying to trade him in my fantasy league for awhile now because I get too conflicted when he gets points. 

3 hours ago, illWill said:

I loved PK as a Hab but have grown to embrace him as a villain now. I find myself actively routing against him and have been trying to trade him in my fantasy league for awhile now because I get too conflicted when he gets points. 

Exactly! My dad used to say, "you're either with me, or against me"...

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...
22 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

man o man....

watching the stanley cup finals media scrums and i couldnt miss PK more so then i do right now... forget who is who on the ice. this guys a dude and we f#$ked up!

No question. Thanks, Dumb and Dumber.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

man o man....

watching the stanley cup finals media scrums and i couldnt miss PK more so then i do right now... forget who is who on the ice. this guys a dude and we f#$ked up!

Former NHL all-star John Scott, who retired last year, had harsh words for one of the league’s most dynamic players.

“I don’t like him. I think on the ice, he’s a piece of garbage,” Scott said on ESPN’s E:60 video documentary. “Perceived as like a hot shot, this guy thinks he’s better than everybody”

Scott and Subban were teammates at the 2015 NHL All-Star Game when the 34-year-old enforcer had his own moment in the spotlight.

1 hour ago, DON said:

Former NHL all-star John Scott, who retired last year, had harsh words for one of the league’s most dynamic players.

“I don’t like him. I think on the ice, he’s a piece of garbage,” Scott said on ESPN’s E:60 video documentary. “Perceived as like a hot shot, this guy thinks he’s better than everybody”

Scott and Subban were teammates at the 2015 NHL All-Star Game when the 34-year-old enforcer had his own moment in the spotlight.

Does anyone really care what John frigging scott thinks??????  The fact the guy was an all star was a friggin joke.  I'm sure a talentless hack like Scott wouldn't like anyone who has more talent in his fingernails than Scott had in his whole useless life.   And the fact that MB actually traded for that bum says all you need to know about MB, and also makes it clear who the dumber is in the dumb and dumber duo we had to endure.  

We just need Molson to go and see the wizard to get a brain, so he might actually fire dumber.

Was just listening to 590 and they had John Scott on.

He said that is a two year old quote that was dug up for some reason. Said he actually likes PK and is really happy for his success. They went on to talk about big personalities in the room and how they can run people the wrong way but that he thinks the sport needs PK Subban.

We can stop with the John Scott hate now.

1 hour ago, Scott462 said:

Was just listening to 590 and they had John Scott on.

He said that is a two year old quote that was dug up for some reason. Said he actually likes PK and is really happy for his success. They went on to talk about big personalities in the room and how they can run people the wrong way but that he thinks the sport needs PK Subban.

We can stop with the John Scott hate now.

If that's the attitude over at ESPN, they might as well join the Trump pile-on happening in the rest of the media. Parseing a quote from two years ago to staple onto a preconceived narrative is Modern American Media 101.