Subban traded to Nashville

dlbalr

Dudes a troll. I don't care.

He's been a poster here for years and never got accused of 'trolling' before this trade went down. This board can only suffer if we start getting personal every time a big move is made. Let's all just take a deep breath and chillax.

No, I think he just dosent want showboating d-men who try spinaramas and dipsydoodling as the last man back, while the other 4 players on his line stand there not knowing the lone wolf is gonna do next.

Pretty hard to practice or plan for pond hockey type play, so yes am sure Therrien is very excited to work with a real pro.

OK so he would hate Serge Savard, you do remember him right? The hall of famer?

Dudes a troll. I don't care.

Ya know DON and I have disagreed over stuff for several years. He is not a troller and you are the only guy who has ever said that. And I for 1 really resent it. You owe DON an apology cause that is just bull crappy. :rastapop:

Guest Stogey24

The guy is just constantly stirring. KoRP mentioned it the other day too. I didn't say a word though, because I didn't want to start drama. Now I don't care.

Its all good Stogey, I really don't take it too serious, sorry you do take it to heart.

I see it more as, am more argumentative and not necessarily trolling.

But, for example someone who shall remain unnamed (CC) just posted something about Bergevin likely will trade Pacioretty for Chris Neil...is that trolling? Or someone simply taking a shot at Bergy in jest? The latter and is fine isn't it?

Anyways, seems the debate over 'the trade' is waning anyways and the 23% of us who like the Weber trade likely wont have much more to say and can simply look forward to seeing how Weber looks in Sept..

Guest Stogey24

Dick move calling you a troll. I was just off midnights, shouldn't have said it.

95% of the shit u say I agree with. Leave it at that I guess.

Dick move calling you a troll. I was just off midnights, shouldn't have said it.

95% of the shit u say I agree with. Leave it at that I guess.

Sure, sounds good.

Maybe Subban was too much of a clown. It did seem like there was a disconnect between him and other guys. But I'd have sooner seen Pleks and Markov go than PK. It was mentioned in the MB drafting thread that he inherited a very good core but has failed to add to it. Now he's chipped a big piece off it. Weber is diminished with an approaching expiry date.

Maybe Subban was too much of a clown. It did seem like there was a disconnect between him and other guys. But I'd have sooner seen Pleks and Markov go than PK. It was mentioned in the MB drafting thread that he inherited a very good core but has failed to add to it. Now he's chipped a big piece off it. Weber is diminished with an approaching expiry date.

He's chosen to extend or trade the wrong pieces.

He's chosen to extend or trade the wrong pieces.

So frustrating...this core was the best we'd had since the mid-90s. With Weber only in the first stages of his decline, the team should still be very competitive, but as you and Neech say, the opportunity to build on it was foolishly, totally unnecessarily squandered.

Anyone else read the rumors about some reasons that may have led to the trade? Not sure about the reliability of the source but Tony mariano's name was attached to it. Basically Subban said something to the effect of "doughty will win the Norris but look who he is playing with and look who I'm playing with". Also he missed curfew a few times on the road and was the only Hab not at the Christmas party. Again not sure about the validity

Anyone else read the rumors about some reasons that may have led to the trade? Not sure about the reliability of the source but Tony mariano's name was attached to it. Basically Subban said something to the effect of "doughty will win the Norris but look who he is playing with and look who I'm playing with". Also he missed curfew a few times on the road and was the only Hab not at the Christmas party. Again not sure about the validity

1) Subban was joking around with his teammates. If you think those kind of ribs don't happen with regularity in NHL locker rooms; i don't know what to say.

The context tony gave was this. Some of Subban's teammates were ribbing him that Doughty was going to win the Norris and he wouldn't.

Subban fired back with look at his teammates and look at mine.

To me this is the type of playful yapping that happens in many dressing rooms.

2) Missed Curfew? I have no idea if this is true or not. But if it was true, Therrien should have suspended him for a game, or fined him, or whatever. Jumping from missing curfew to being run out of town is a bit much. Ovechkin missed a meeting with the Capitals this year, did the Caps trade Ovy? No. They benched him for one game and called him out publically. This is the first I'm hearing of Subban missing curfew, so why was it kept until now.

3) Christmas Party - I don't know about this, but on the Road to the Winter Classic, Subban was clearly present at the christmas party and playing with Max's kid.

4) Tony's source is telling one side of this story. Subban hasn't commented, cause he hasn't wanted to sling mud back to this point. I think we have to look at that too.

I have waited to see what MB would do to finalize all his moves before commenting.

I go back as a little guy when I was upset over the Rod Langway trade.. Although few season later Rick Green and Ryan Walter helped in the 86 win..

Boy we have a knack of trading defence!

This trade at first like many of you I was outraged once again..

Post Sam Pollack era we seem to trade on impulse and reactive moves.

What is apparent is the following:

Consensus across the league is that Weber would be chosen over Subban.

It's shows on Team Canada and general feeling by the decision makers. Subban either is the 7th def or not on roster for Team Canada.. But Weber logs heavy minutes.

MB I believe was strongly influenced by this perception and his involvement with team Canada I am sure he heard all the plus and negatives of both and probably unanimous that Weber came out ahead.

Well Montreal is not team Canada..

For a one game shot in last 2 minutes of a Stanley cup..AT THIS VERY MOMENT ..YOU WOULD TAKE WEBER OVER SUBBAN.. simple

But it's not that simple..habs are NOT a contending team at this point in time! We are not talking about Team Canada.

All the scenarios that chose Weber over Subban factors a strong surrounding cast of all stars or simply a contending team with solid top 6 players and depth.

We don't have that! Case in point is the Andrew Shaw deal . . same.. He is talked about as a key player..SURE WITH THE BLACKHAWKS! Not Montreal.. We don't have players of top 6 like Toews and Kane!

MB is shortsighted in analyzing his team in those categories of a top contender.. He doesn't see we are not..

He didn't make any significant addition ( radulov???)

By trading Subban was wrong move for this team at this point in time..

In 3 years where the team could HAVE BEEN a contender ..with Subban..without him and a decline of Weber..and his huge contract will be inmidst of another rebuild.. And don't be surprised if Carey Price moves on!

A trade for Subban required additions of same age or younger ( talk Hedman and something ..pick any mid 20' s or younger defense and add another piece). ..again we fail in asset management.

I wasn't adverse to trading Subban..but for this team at this point in time..this wasn't the trade to make!

Very disappointing as I know where this is leading

• Upvote 1

TSN690 noted missing curfew more than once. Why wasn't he suspended/benched...you know why.

Also noted he was cleared for contact near end of season, looked fine in practice and then while Habs get blown out 5-0 in Ottawa, he is seen shopping and then clubbing on same night in Montreal.

That kind of sounds like dr recchi calling out the seriousness of maxpac's injury and concussion because he was watching a movie. Big difference about the health requirements to play in the nhl and shopping or clubbing.

And no, I don't know why a HARDASS idiotic coach who called out subban publically for everything under the sun (with the exception of the real reason - him being black and having the personality that a lot of black athletes in other sports do), wouldn't have said or taken action on repeated absences from team meetings.

TSN690 noted missing curfew more than once. Why wasn't he suspended/benched...you know why.

Also noted he was cleared for contact near end of season, looked fine in practice and then while Habs get blown out 5-0 in Ottawa, he is seen shopping and then clubbing on same night in Montreal.

I suspect a lot of this stuff is retroactive justification - I wouldn't even be surprised if management was discreetly implying these half-truths and untruths to pet journalists as a way of managing the PR fallout.

Subban is a better player than Weber, is younger, and has a better contract. Ergo, we got ripped off in this trade no matter how hard whisperers try to make PK into a 'problem.' People need to stop kidding themselves.

• Upvote 1

I suspect a lot of this stuff is retroactive justification - I wouldn't even be surprised if management was discreetly implying these half-truths and untruths to pet journalists as a way of managing the PR fallout.

Subban is a better player than Weber, is younger, and has a better contract. Ergo, we got ripped off in this trade no matter how hard whisperers try to make PK into a 'problem.' People need to stop kidding themselves.

Right now it's all about Sergachev buzz to make people be more excited for him than the loss of PK. Which is the right way to go PR wise.

Right now it's all about Sergachev buzz to make people be more excited for him than the loss of PK. Which is the right way to go PR wise.

No doubt. Keep selling us on 'next year' (or three years from now). Who knows, maybe someday Sergachev will be a player worthy of to be spoken of in the same breath as the best position player the Habs have had since Guy Lafleur. Classic Leafs attitude.

• Upvote 1

You talking to Ergo again...what next, his brothers Ipso and Facto whispering in your ear also. :tigi:

Shopping!!!!

Shopping!!?????

Our PK.. shopped!

No wonder they shopped him!

What did he buy??!!

Must have been something pretty strange......... :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

As for DON being a troll.. I've been out fishing many times and never see him out there.

BUT !!! I've heard stories that some people have seen him SHOP!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

I know this sounds like a load of shit, but I just left a buddies house who knows some of the boys currently on the Habs roster. I guess they're all happy Subban is gone.. breaking news, i know, but atleast a little insider.

As for DON being a troll.. I've been out fishing many times and never see him out there.

BUT !!! I've heard stories that some people have seen him SHOP!!!!!!!

You know what shopping leads to sir...being shopped and sent packing. :tumbleweed: