I'll be reconsidering my fandom. And you?

I know you're saying that sarcastically but an aspect of it is still true. You can lose a trade and put up a better record going forward. More factors make a team click. I'll go back to the hall for larsson trade as I have before. I fully expect the oilers to post a better record next season. They still lost.

We're gaining Radulov and Price. Sure we'll do better.

As I've said in a different thread, the habs record was better in 95-96 and 96-97 than it was in 94-95. Doesn't change how bad the Roy trade was.

As I've said in a different thread, the habs record was better in 95-96 and 96-97 than it was in 94-95. Doesn't change how bad the Roy trade was.

Preeeecisely. I'll forgive management if we win the cup, that's the only way.

I know you're saying that sarcastically but an aspect of it is still true. You can lose a trade and put up a better record going forward. More factors make a team click. I'll go back to the hall for larsson trade as I have before. I fully expect the oilers to post a better record next season. They still lost.

We're gaining Radulov and Price. Sure we'll do better.

No kidding. Ask Bruins fans how much that President trophy changes the Seguin trade.

When by?

I hesitated to say because I know it's hard to attribute to the trade. I'll say as long as we as fan deem that Weber is a key cog to the win. If Weber is expendable (arbitrary I know) I will say we lost the trade

When by?

Let me just say again don, I'm happy to have an opposing view on the board. You support your arguments well and always have a point. I disagree with them a lot but I respect them nonetheless! Very happy you help make this part of why I bother posting in the first place. Somewhere you can say your thoughts and (usually) not have some ad hominem insult come back. I've read some of the most insightful posts of all time here, and just want to give a little hand to guys like you and many other who bring great content to the table.

^ this. All of the judgements about the trade being "bad" from Habs fans have come directly from geeks flinging stats like poo all over the internet. If you want to play the game by computer, go play Madden or whatever the hell the hockey computer games available are. That way everything unfolds according to the numbers used to create the game, and personality, psychology, emotion, courage, etc. don't enter in to the outcome. In REAL LIFE sports those things not only enter in to the outcome, they DETERMINE the outcome.

People who disagree with you are geeks who fling poo on the Internet?

Thats the type of opinion i expect from an idiotic meathead.

(I mean as long as we are going to throw insults around).

Alot of people who knows alot of soccer and noone said Leicester would win the premier league but they did. Alot of people who knows all about nhl said habs would be a top10 team but they were not. I will wait until I see the team play before demanding the managements heads on platters. You should too instead of everybody saying you will not support the team anymore.

Whats the point of a message board if we cant have an opinion and just have to waot and see.

Shut the board down brian. We will recovene once a year the day after the stanley cup is won to discuss the champs but nothing else to talk about 364 other days a year. We have to wait and see.

Let me just say again don, I'm happy to have an opposing view on the board. You support your arguments well and always have a point. I disagree with them a lot but I respect them nonetheless! Very happy you help make this part of why I bother posting in the first place. Somewhere you can say your thoughts and (usually) not have some ad homonym insult come back. I've read some of the most insightful posts of all time here, and just want to give a little hand to guys like you and many other who bring great content to the table.

Yeah you have to respect that don can disagree without calling people nerds and geeks.

Nerds and geeks and a pretty respected group in society these days.

I like that comment ? You're damn right, I'd own being a nerd or geek any day. Pretty much it's like telling me "shut up! You've done too much research and can back your arguments with concrete numbers too well!"

Yea. Yea I can.

I like that comment You're damn right, I'd own being a nerd or geek any day. Pretty much it's like telling me "shut up! You've done too much research and can back your arguments with concrete numbers too well!"

Yea. Yea I can.

"The Meek shall..."

The geeks shall inherit the mirth.

Must you continually push the envelope? Trying to be antagonistic/push people's buttons is not going to go over well. You've made your point abundantly clear that you don't care about analytics and that you don't think too highly of those who do. There's no need to keep doing so as at this point, all it seeks to do is to start disagreements between posters. We don't need or want that.

I'm just going to say this about this whole thread and what it stands for. There should be no way to actually turn off the switch for a team you cheered for your whole life.

To add to that, if trading Chelios away didn't make you check out, or Desjardin and LeClair being traded, Hell if the Roy trade didn't make you, than neither should this trade. You can be mad about a trade for years, give it the old I told you so for years (I still do this about the Gomez trade with people I know), but to actually contemplate cheering for something else other than what you have your whole life? I can't wrap my head around the notion of it, I can't begin to imagine trying to pretend I like some other hockey team more than the Habs, it would be pure fakery, and impossible.

I guess what i'm getting at is this thread wreaks of emotional rage, and the true die-hards know full well, there isn't a chance in hell you can actually change sides, only wish that you could sometimes ;)

To add to that, if trading Chelios away didn't make you check out, or Desjardin and LeClair being traded, Hell if the Roy trade didn't make you, than neither should this trade.

If the first time I robbed you didn't make you walk, or the second time, or the third time, or the fourth time, or the fifth time, why are you going to be mad at me robbing you again?

Nice to see being a Hab is like being in an abusive cycle.

If the first time I robbed you didn't make you walk, or the second time, or the third time, or the fourth time, or the fifth time, why are you going to be mad at me robbing you again?

Nice to see being a Hab is like being in an abusive cycle.

Yep, this team is like being tied down to a slob like Stanley Kowalski.

"SUBBAN!"

Hey, dlbair, it was a joke. I always get in crap on team message boards for defending the team, the management, the coaching staff, and the players on the team. I've never been able to figure that out. I always thought trolling was the opposite of that. When you went on another team board to brag your guys. Or trashed the organization on it's own board. However..... :blush:

Hey, dlbair, it was a joke. I always get in crap on team message boards for defending the team, the management, the coaching staff, and the players on the team. I've never been able to figure that out. I always thought trolling was the opposite of that. When you went on another team board to brag your guys. Or trashed the organization on it's own board. However..... :blush:

Supporting management, the coach and the players is fine, Don is probably the current world champion at it, and it's good to have people who disagree. Dlbalr's post was just in reference to your overly antagonist take on stats.

I'll be the first here to call on truce on the whole stats argument and say cheers to more 'friendly' disagreements haha. The key to a good board is being respectful, and sometimes people, myself included stray from that. But it has to get a little heated from time to time to stay interesting right?

Edit: 90% of the time I support management/coaching decisions but I'm also not a blind follower; if I disagree with a move, I will vocalize that. But 100% of the time I hope to see the players do well.

Supporting management, the coach and the players is fine, Don is probably the current world champion at it, and it's good to have people who disagree. Dlbalr's post was just in reference to your overly antagonist take on stats.

I'll be the first here to call on truce on the whole stats argument and say cheers to more 'friendly' disagreements haha. The key to a good board is being respectful, and sometimes people, myself included stray from that. But it has to get a little heated from time to time to stay interesting right?

Edit: 90% of the time I support management/coaching decisions but I'm also not a blind follower; if I disagree with a move, I will vocalize that. But 100% of the time I hope to see the players do well.

I am not convinced that Don isn't an INSIDER keeping these threads on the straight and narrow, sort of speak.

Guest Stogey24

You think that's the only reason Dlbalr said something to you?

I always get in crap on team message boards for defending the team, the management, the coaching staff, and the players on the team. I've never been able to figure that out.

Haven't been able to figure it out?

Subban was never that great (Team Canada only included him out of political correctness because of his race)

You go a lot longer as an athlete relying on strength and intelligence than you do relying on speed and athleticism.

My point is simply that Subban's minority status is more likely to be an asset than a detriment when representing the country internationally.

Shooting off his fat lips the whole time.

I am not convinced that Don isn't an INSIDER keeping these threads on the straight and narrow, sort of speak.

Nah he just loves stirring the pot. Right Don? :)