I'll be reconsidering my fandom. And you?

Whats the point of a message board if we cant have an opinion and just have to waot and see.

Shut the board down brian. We will recovene once a year the day after the stanley cup is won to discuss the champs but nothing else to talk about 364 other days a year. We have to wait and see.

Yeah you have to respect that don can disagree without calling people nerds and geeks.

its one thing that fans of a team have different opinions and talking about that but talking about stop cheering for the team on a messageboard dedicated to that team is in my opinion ridiculous and I think this thread should have been forgotten and buried within a week after being started.

If a person is not a fan of the team anymore then why is that person still here posting?

Be mad at management. Hate them and the owner all you want. But dont hate the logo and the colours... If you do then maybe you never really loved the team in the first place.

Go habs go!

• Upvote 1

its one thing that fans of a team have different opinions and talking about that but talking about stop cheering for the team on a messageboard dedicated to that team is in my opinion ridiculous and I think this thread should have been forgotten and buried within a week after being started.

If a person is not a fan of the team anymore then why is that person still here posting?

Be mad at management. Hate them and the owner all you want. But dont hate the logo and the colours... If you do then maybe you never really loved the team in the first place.

Go habs go!

Think of it like your favourite band since you were a child is now making terrible records. You might not see them live anymore, and you won't buy the new records, but you still enjoy the hits and the good times from the past.

Think of it like your favourite band since you were a child is now making terrible records. You might not see them live anymore, and you won't buy the new records, but you still enjoy the hits and the good times from the past.

I am a big metal music fan. I really love a band named Blind Guardian and I love every time I watch them live but I have not really liked any record they have released since the 90s. So every time they release a new record I try to like it and really hope it is great like the old ones. And my hope is that they soon release a great album I will like again. They are still my favorite band even if I dont really like their newer musicreleases.

• Upvote 1

I am a big metal music fan. I really love a band named Blind Guardian and I love every time I watch them live but I have not really liked any record they have released since the 90s. So every time they release a new record I try to like it and really hope it is great like the old ones. And my hope is that they soon release a great album I will like again. They are still my favorite band even if I dont really like their newer musicreleases.

Well this explains everything.

I see your race cards, Machine, and I call.

1. The year Team Canada included Subban there was constant muttering about racism when they were considering the team and seemed to take him late and reluctantly. Then they didn't use P.K. during the series, so what is the logical inference?

2. That's a generic statement, with nothing to do with race. Athletes get stronger and wiser as they get older, but they don't get quicker, more agile, or improve quick twitch reaction. You want to make that a race issue it's on you, not me.

3. You disagree that having a minority player on a team (especially a hockey team) is a positive look for a nation? What year is it where you live, 1956?

4. Does Subban have fat lips and does he yap a lot on the ice? I suppose it is in the eye of the beholder to some extent, but I'll stand by both as truth.

I'm not quite as bored or angry as you so I won't go back to dig out the hundreds of comments over the years insinuating that Subban wasn't getting a fair shake due to the racism of various Montreal coaches and executives or the ones working for Team Canada etc. I haven't been on these boards very long, but I've seen a few here already.

Habs finished 4th in NHL in 12-13 as well as 14-15 and 9th in 13-14, so franchise isnt quite washed up like Rolling Stones are.

Habs finished 4th in NHL in 12-13 as well as 14-15 and 9th in 13-14, so franchise isnt quite washed up like Rolling Stones are.

Crazy how the Subban trade has created such a dichotomy.

I see your race cards, Machine, and I call.

1. The year Team Canada included Subban there was constant muttering about racism when they were considering the team and seemed to take him late and reluctantly. Then they didn't use P.K. during the series, so what is the logical inference?

2. That's a generic statement, with nothing to do with race. Athletes get stronger and wiser as they get older, but they don't get quicker, more agile, or improve quick twitch reaction. You want to make that a race issue it's on you, not me.

3. You disagree that having a minority player on a team (especially a hockey team) is a positive look for a nation? What year is it where you live, 1956?

4. Does Subban have fat lips and does he yap a lot on the ice? I suppose it is in the eye of the beholder to some extent, but I'll stand by both as truth.

I'm not quite as bored or angry as you so I won't go back to dig out the hundreds of comments over the years insinuating that Subban wasn't getting a fair shake due to the racism of various Montreal coaches and executives or the ones working for Team Canada etc. I haven't been on these boards very long, but I've seen a few here already.

Seriously. Do you work for Fox news?

• Upvote 1

We get it. You're the one guy on here that isn't disappointed by the deals this summer. There's no need to be a BergevinBot.

BergevinBot?

I was responding to MoLGs' rock band analogy. WTF does pointing out that Habs finshed top ten 3 of last 4 years has you all bothered anyways?

Was a pretty harmless post I thought.

BergevinBot?

I was responding to MoLGs' rock band analogy. WTF does pointing out that Habs finshed top ten 3 of last 4 years has you all bothered anyways?

Was a pretty harmless post I thought.

Yeah, what's not to like? Miss the playoffs, keep the worst coach in hockey, and trade the best skater. Lots to be excited about.

Yeah, what's not to like? Miss the playoffs, keep the worst coach in hockey, and trade the best skater. Lots to be excited about.

Best skater would be Byron, Mitchell, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk and maybe every other forward (maybe even a couple of the d-men also) on the team, before Subban

Worst coach is just a goofy statement.

But, yes they did miss the playoffs, you at least got something correct.

Go habs go!

So only people who think the same way you do can post here?

I think you completely missed his point and I agree with him. I'm a Habs fan until I die and I'm sure in the next 70 years there will be some seasons where I'll be less interested than others or be extremely busy and miss more games than I'd like, but even in those seasons I wouldn't announce my drop in interest, it would just happen. To think about dropping the team and then to state it is just inconceivable to some fans. It literally feels silly that I'm a fan of the team where other fans are talking about this when I think about it for a moment. Laughing stock comes to mind.

I can see why it would be tough if we had a similar situation to when Wang was the owner of the Islanders but basically people who feel betrayed to the extent that they'd want to drop their fandom are indirectly or directly stating that Bergevin is purposely hurting the team. I can't buy into that even though I've been toughest on him compared to anyone else in the organization. It would also suck to have an idiot GM who consistently loses every trade but that also isn't the case here. He's had some wins and he's had some losses.

Anyway, he wasn't saying that people can't post about their different opinions even if they were against management. He was saying that if you're seriously going to stop bleeding red, white and blue, then why even post at all? I don't get the vibe that many people on here really feel that way anymore though.

• Upvote 1

That is not what I wrote. Since english is not my main language maybe something I wrote said that but I dont see it.

Can you please point out where I said that?

I understand that you are mad at management and that you will not support the team as hard as before but you will not stop being a fan completely.

I know you are a very smart poster here and know alot more about hockey than me and most others here.

I am just saying that I dont think it is right to say they will reconcider their fandom as in stopping to cheer for the team and I dont think anyone here actually will either but it is annoying to read that.

I hope the team soon gives you a reason to start cheering as deeply and wholeheartedly as you did before this last season and before the pk trade.

Cheers and post on. Your opinions are very important here.

• Upvote 1

That is not what I wrote. Since english is not my main language maybe something I wrote said that but I dont see it.

Can you please point out where I said that?

I understand that you are mad at management and that you will not support the team as hard as before but you will not stop being a fan completely.

I know you are a very smart poster here and know alot more about hockey than me and most others here.

I am just saying that I dont think it is right to say they will reconcider their fandom as in stopping to cheer for the team and I dont think anyone here actually will either but it is annoying to read that.

I hope the team soon gives you a reason to start cheering as deeply and wholeheartedly as you did before this last season and before the pk trade.

Cheers and post on. Your opinions are very important here.

I am. Unless the Habs wow me in the first nine games, no Centre Ice. I'm a bandwagon fan until I have a reason not to be. This is the first summer I haven't bought a new Canadiens hat since 2010-2011.

I think that being a fan means different things to different people. There is no right and wrong, here. Ultimately its entertainment; its not real life. I still have to wake up and go to work the next day regardless if the Habs win or lose. I still have my family regardless of what the habs do.

If they entertain me, i'm willing to pay for that entertainment.

This year, I won't be paying for a ticket to a Habs game... that doesn't mean I won't follow the team, or buy centre ice (As i'm entertained by plenty of hockey).

If others feel differently and aren't entertained to tune it at all, that doesn't diminish the fact that they were fans until the move.

It really comes down to not caring what other people think.

If you want to stop paying for games or stop supporting the team or hell even give up on the team and hope for its failure, that's what you have chosen to do.

I'm not one to jump in on the negativity train that a lot of fans have done but that's their right to do so and like commandant said, it's really just a game and life goes on. Everyone is fighting their own battles.