Habs sign Alex Radulov

dlbalr

If they can sign him for a year or two, I love it. If it's longer term, could be dangerous.

Pacs - Chucky - Radulov is a legit first line though!

Spoke with Montreal Canadiens PR. They are not confirming Radulov signing at this point. Eric Engels (@EricEngels) July 1, 2016

I hope it's true because the news has me wide awake on the West Coast much earlier than I'd have liked.

For some reason I believe it's going to happen despite not being confirmed yet.

Radulov's 'character' issues have been much more serious than Subban's. Subban, to my knowledge, never went out drinking and breaking curfew before playoff games, for instance. Otherwise put, Subban is a pro - just flamboyant - while Radulov has been actively irresponsible.

But all that said, I don't really care about any of that crap. What I care about is if player X helps you on the ice. However, our management group has shown that its top priority is NOT talented guys who help you on the ice, it's players who will subdue themselves to MT's 'system' and not rock the boat.

For an organization with that philosophy to sign a player who has repeatedly shown himself to rock the boat, and in a much more unprofessional way than Subban, while getting rid of Subban in return for an inferior player with a worse contract, simply shows complete confusion.

Radulov is great and most of the criticisms on him are based in Russian xenophobia. He's a great signing for Montreal. Wanted him for years. Possibly the third best Russian hockey player alive.

Wish I was happier about it.

Bahahahahahahahaha...3rd best Russian player alive?

Radulov's 'character' issues have been much more serious than Subban's. Subban, to my knowledge, never went out drinking and breaking curfew before playoff games, for instance. Otherwise put, Subban is a pro - just flamboyant - while Radulov has been actively irresponsible.

But all that said, I don't really care about any of that crap. What I care about is if player X helps you on the ice. However, our management group has shown that its top priority is NOT talented guys who help you on the ice, it's players who will subdue themselves to MT's 'system' and not rock the boat.

For an organization with that philosophy to sign a player who has repeatedly shown himself to rock the boat, and in a much more unprofessional way than Subban, while getting rid of Subban in return for an inferior player with a worse contract, simply shows complete confusion.

This character discussion is really starting to bother me though because it's a similar discussion to those who blame the coach when things go bad and praise the players when things are going well. I admit that Bergevin has stated that character is an important element on this team, but whether or not they explicitly say it or not, which team wouldn't appreciate having players with great character? Do we truly believe that Bergevin doesn't want skilled players on the team? The narrative is one that has been created not by the team itself.p,but by fans and the media. Bergervin thinks Weber is a stud. Is he wrong? I don't think so. I have to admit that while I love Subban, he was the player I was the hardest on last season... He did not have a great year. Could it be possible that there actually was a hockey related reason for the trade? Seems most people don't think so.

Now we have fans and media complaining/stating that we only traded Subban due to problems behind the scenes. Then we potentially sign a guy like Radulov and once again FANS argue that this is not consistent with the character model the team is trying to implement. This doesn't necessarily demonstrate confusion on management's part, it shows a false narrative created by fans and media.

To go out of your way to call Shea Weber an inferior player to Subban without blinking an eye shows me that you may be in the group that overrates Subban. As I've said before he's overrated by some and underrated by others. Inferior? Possibly. But Weber will greatly help this team.

If we signed Radulov then we are currently a better team than last year. It's time to get over the Subban ordeal whether we like it or not.

If Raddy really is coming, gotta give the guy a chance. You can't judge him on something he did 5 years ago.

Let him put on the jersey, feel the pride, and help fuel this team to the promise land.

This character discussion is really starting to bother me though because it's a similar discussion to those who blame the coach when things go bad and praise the players when things are going well. I admit that Bergevin has stated that character is an important element on this team, but whether or not they explicitly say it or not, which team wouldn't appreciate having players with great character? Do we truly believe that Bergevin doesn't want skilled players on the team? The narrative is one that has been created not by the team itself.p,but by fans and the media. Bergervin thinks Weber is a stud. Is he wrong? I don't think so. I have to admit that while I love Subban, he was the player I was the hardest on last season... He did not have a great year. Could it be possible that there actually was a hockey related reason for the trade? Seems most people don't think so.

Now we have fans and media complaining/stating that we only traded Subban due to problems behind the scenes. Then we potentially sign a guy like Radulov and once again FANS argue that this is not consistent with the character model the team is trying to implement. This doesn't necessarily demonstrate confusion on management's part, it shows a false narrative created by fans and media.

To go out of your way to call Shea Weber an inferior player to Subban without blinking an eye shows me that you may be in the group that overrates Subban. As I've said before he's overrated by some and underrated by others. Inferior? Possibly. But Weber will greatly help this team.

If we signed Radulov then we are currently a better team than last year. It's time to get over the Subban ordeal whether we like it or not.

Weber's inferiority to Subban is empirically demonstrable.

I don't overrate Subban. Bergevin is among those who under-rate him.

That said, in no way would I deny that Weber is an excellent defenceman. He's just older, slower, with a worse contract, and quite possibly entering his decline. Our possession and transition games will be worsened by this deal, but then again having Price's sublime puck-handling skills will help to plaster over the damage.

And I agree that Radulov will help us...IF he is permitted to by the coach.

There's no inconsistency at all in my position. I like players who help us on the ice; and if they're exciting players with panache, why so much the better. I don't give a tinker's damn about MB's and MT's egos, and I refuse to accept hockey decisions based 100% on the latter, that's all.

If Raddy really is coming, gotta give the guy a chance. You can't judge him on something he did 5 years ago.

Let him put on the jersey, feel the pride, and help fuel this team to the promise land.

If you judge him for missing a curfew you're just as bad as people who judge Subban.

He didn't miss a game. He didn't miss practice. He missed a curfew. It's like sending someone to jail for jaywalking.

That said, in no way would I deny that Weber is an excellent defenceman. He's just older, slower, with a worse contract, and quite possibly entering his decline. Our possession and transition games will be worsened by this deal, but then again having Price's sublime puck-handling skills will help to plaster over the damage.

There's no inconsistency at all in my position. I like players who help us on the ice; and if they're exciting players with panache, why so much the better. I don't give a tinker's damn about MB's and MT's egos, and I refuse to accept hockey decisions based 100% on the latter, that's all.

? Agree with everything.

If you judge him for missing a curfew you're just as bad as people who judge Subban.

He didn't miss a game. He didn't miss practice. He missed a curfew. It's like sending someone to jail for jaywalking.

No he walked out on his contract once cause he could get better terms in Russia. Now that things have crashed there he wants back in North America. And would probably quickly reverse decision and go back to Russia should the ruble rebound.

Being out partying till 5am is just pure stupidity.

Selfish me 1st guy and Montreal would be a bad place for him to play hockey.

Being out partying till 5am is just pure stupidity.

I can name about 20 Stanley Cup winners that I know for a fact have partied all night. A few of them did it during the season/playoffs, got blasted drunk, etc. Won't name names but if you think hockey players are choir boys you're silly. Kings specifically won a Cup with players partying out late during Cup finals games.

I can name about 20 Stanley Cup winners that I know for a fact have partied all night. A few of them did it during the season/playoffs, got blasted drunk, etc. Won't name names but if you think hockey players are choir boys you're silly. Kings specifically won a Cup with players partying out late during Cup finals games.

I'm not worried about Radulov partying -- I'm worried about him riding the bench all year if he doesn't meet MT's 7PM bedtime.

Won't name names eh? Bahahahahaha. Are we back in high school? Gotta protect your sources?

I know damn well most guys drink or stay out late. I know damn well guys drink before games and show up and play drunk. They are human beings. They do stupid shit like the rest of us.

But we are talking about Radulov, who's reportedly signing with Montreal.

I'm not sure if you guys know this or not, but generally men mature as they get older. They tend not to go out all night drinking and chasing tail as much as their younger counterparts. It's not fair to vilify someone for something from their past while not giving them a chance at redemption. The Kassian experiment didn't work because he was right back at the partying before even getting to play a game, but at least he was given a chance. Until Radulov screws up, it's a clean slate in my opinion.

As far as the contract situation goes, who the hell wouldn't want to go play at home on the other side of the world for more money? Imagine Crosby playing in Russia and then a league starts in Canada where he could earn more money. Selfish? Anybody here saying they wouldn't do the same are liars.

I'm not sure if you guys know this or not, but generally men mature as they get older. They tend not to go out all night drinking and chasing tail as much as their younger counterparts. It's not fair to vilify someone for something from their past while not giving them a chance at redemption. The Kassian experiment didn't work because he was right back at the partying before even getting to play a game, but at least he was given a chance. Until Radulov screws up, it's a clean slate in my opinion.

As far as the contract situation goes, who the hell wouldn't want to go play at home on the other side of the world for more money? Imagine Crosby playing in Russia and then a league starts in Canada where he could earn more money. Selfish? Anybody here saying they wouldn't do the same are liars.

Who's giving Radulov the benefit of the doubt?

Did you see what Bergevin has done to partiers like Christian Thomas? Zach Kassian?

Christ he shipped out PK Subban cause he had a clean high profile outside the arena!

Bergevin ain't ing around. You play hockey and remain quiet.

There's no inconsistency at all in my position. I like players who help us on the ice; and if they're exciting players with panache, why so much the better. I don't give a tinker's damn about MB's and MT's egos, and I refuse to accept hockey decisions based 100% on the latter, that's al

b1d.png