Habs sign Alex Radulov

dlbalr

Good point.. Who cares if it's 4 mil or 5.75 mil... Just more money out of Molson's pocket.

He's skilled. He can be a top line winger! And if it doesn't work out, you're not tied to him beyond this year.

Same analysts who were calling Kessel a bust in Pittsburgh before the playoff started.

And Kessel was a bust till the playoffs. Radulov gonna have that much rope in Montreal? Highly unlikley

Machine said it: it's a shame I'm not happier about this. Radulov could put up more points than all but one or two guys signed today. There's little risk on a one year deal, and he's a first-liner. Put him with Chucky and Patches. RW is our strength all of a sudden.

• Upvote 1

Im ok with this signing. All the others I wanted are already signed elsewhere so its better to take a chance on Radulov than to just have caproom and sign more 3-4th liners.

I think the character stuff is quite likely being overblown. He did not have that many issues outside of his exiting the NHL. Further, that was 4 years ago. He's the captain in Moscow. He's now 29. I think this could be a very good signing. I like this signing.

I still hate the Subban deal enough that Bergevin needs to get fired. I like Weber but if you trade Subban that's not the deal to make.

Much better than Lucic for 7 years...will come back to haunt Oilers for sure. Lucic can barely keep up to NHL speed and isn't gonna get quicker.

Radulov is a RW, 6'1" 200lb, 30yr old.

Radulov's signing confirmed by Canadiens post on Facebook. We got a forward! Yea! Now can Bergevin please explain how or why we were not able to get at least one of Nashville's good young forwards in the Subban deal to compensate for Webbers age and contract? After a few days still hate the trade for the reasons I stated in the Writers Weigh in and only the Cup will restore for me any confidence or optimism in Habs management. That seems unlikely, as rIght now it looks like they are making it up as they go along but at least they didn't sign Ladd or Lucic for 7 years! Cold comfort but at least I am not an Oilers fan

Radulov can now hit Therrien with his stick and I'm sure everyone would be on his side.

Montreal and Detroit weren't the only 2 teams in on Radulov. Several teams. and a few 2-year offers on the table but Radulov wanted Montreal

Bad guy likes bad organization, love it.

Guest Stogey24

Much better than Lucic for 7 years...will come back to haunt Oilers for sure. Lucic can barely keep up to NHL speed and isn't gonna get quicker.

Radulov is a RW, 6'1" 200lb, 30yr old.

Lucic scored 55pts last year at 28 years old, he has lots of gas left in the tank. He was the guy who could have changed the identity of this team.

Radulov's signing confirmed by Canadiens post on Facebook. We got a forward! Yea! Now can Bergevin please explain how or why we were not able to get at least one of Nashville's good young forwards in the Subban deal to compensate for Webbers age and contract After a few days still hate the trade for the reasons I stated in the Writers Weigh in and only the Cup will restore for me any confidence or optimism in Habs management. That seems unlikely, as rIght now it looks like they are making it up as they go along but at least they didn't sign Ladd or Lucic for 7 years! Cold comfort but at least I am not an Oilers fan

Lebrun is reporting that MB spoke to Weber about Radulov and that convinced him to pursue him. Love the signing! Think of it as Subban for Weber/Radulov.

Lucic is incredibly overrated. Thank god he's not on this team.

I would have taken Lucic and that contract no problem.

Pleks had less points, he makes 6 mill, I'm about the only one who complains about that contract.