Habs sign Alex Radulov

dlbalr

Could you imagine if this happens at the bell center?

Funny how nobody on the bench even reacted. Just a lil glance from a single teammate.

Just an accident, the stick slipped!

There isn't any no-trade/no-move protection in this deal either. The Habs really don't have many of those on the books right now.

So are the Habs are sitting OK, or as good as can be expected for the expansion draft?

Could you imagine if this happens at the bell center?

Funny how nobody on the bench even reacted. Just a lil glance from a single teammate.

Given how unpopular MT is, I think Radulov would get quite an ovation for doing it.

Russia is a completely different place to play. It's the wild west.

Obviously that wouldn't be tolerated here.

Gonna be interesting to see how he deals with all the eyes and pressure on him

I'd like him better if he did do that to le genius.

Russia is a completely different place to play. It's the wild west.

Obviously that wouldn't be tolerated here.

Gonna be interesting to see how he deals with all the eyes and pressure on him

• Upvote 1

I'd like him better if he did do that to le genius.

You and me both. Only harder and with more feeling. and if he could catch MB on the back hand that would be good too. JK :)

• Upvote 1

No he walked out on his contract once cause he could get better terms in Russia. Now that things have crashed there he wants back in North America. And would probably quickly reverse decision and go back to Russia should the ruble rebound.

Being out partying till 5am is just pure stupidity.

Selfish me 1st guy and Montreal would be a bad place for him to play hockey.

He wasn't out til 5 am.

Read my article. It was proven that he was 45 minutes - 1 hour past curfew, not 4 hours as was originally reported.

Radulov is the most purely offensively talented player in this class, not named Steven Stamkos.

We didn't get an Alex Semin.

We got a better version of Alex Kovalev.

Also Radulov does backcheck and play two-way hockey, he was doing that very well and was the best all-around forward in the KHL. Don't think that he can't play in his own end, he can, and does.

• Upvote 1

Radulov is the most purely offensively talented player in this class, not named Steven Stamkos.

Also Radulov does backcheck and play two-way hockey, he was doing that very well and was the best all-around forward in the KHL. Don't think that he can't play in his own end, he can, and does.

I really hope your right about this one

Personally I thought Semin have been salvaged with a good coach. But we don't have one.

Personally I thought Semin have been salvaged with a good coach. But we don't have one.

Semin might have been ok, with a "better" coach...

And maybe junior B class speed too would have helped, but HE didn't have that :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

Reports out of Russia say that Radulov really matured after the birth of his child.

I really hope so. PK had\has Antics but assaulting coaches with his stick I don't think is in his bag of tricks. I hope this move is not to get extra jersey sales in Russia to make up for the ones lost to the Trade :spamafote:

Every team in the league could have had Semin for peanuts and passed.

His failure was not MT's fault.

Dumber's press conference was realistic vis-a-vis Radulov. High ceiling move with significant 'bust' potential, but no long-term risk.

Multiple coaches have tried and failed with the guy...

That is not actually true, it was not that long ago that he was a top 10 scorer in the league. But I do agree that injuries probably were a factor. And how many offensive minded guys come here to die before we realise that Le Genius maybe in the foxhole but he is a forking idiot.

That is not actually true, it was not that long ago that he was a top 10 scorer in the league. But I do agree that injuries probably were a factor. And how many offensive minded guys come here to die before we realise that Le Genius maybe in the foxhole but he is a forking idiot.

Kirk Muller

Bill Peters

Michel Therrien

Multiple coaches have tried and failed with the guy..... yes it's true.

Another risky signing by MB, but at least its only a 1 year deal. Plus, from what I've read and heard, Radulov has matured quite a bit. He's married with a kid now!!

Keeping my fingers crossed that it works out better with Radulov than it did with Semin and/or Kassian!

Yeah, even though I was a defender of Semin, Radulov has the potential to be something relatively special in my opinion. We shall see.

Semin\Kassien, not quite a good comparison are they, other than risk I suppose?

Exactly! All three were risky signings! The first two did NOT turn out well. Let's hope that Radulov turns out the be the right guy for this team. I just hope Therrien won't ###### this up!