Habs to move their AHL affiliate to Laval

dlbalr

• 4 months later...

first glance, I really don't love using the #9 on the sleeves.  I get trying to build the connection to Richard but the two different numbers of one jersey is a bit tough on the eyes.  Good colour balance though. 

30 minutes ago, nhfarber said:

first glance, I really don't love using the #9 on the sleeves.  I get trying to build the connection to Richard but the two different numbers of one jersey is a bit tough on the eyes.  Good colour balance though. 

I'd like to see the #9 a bit smaller if they're going to keep it on the sleeves.  At least that way, the actual sweater number stands out a bit more.

9 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Just a quick note that I merged Meller's thread with the existing Laval one.

Should have gave a look in here before I posted it

unlike some I actually like the logo too, it has a retro feel to it but I think they pull it off. There is a lot of history there to be fair

4 hours ago, Meller93 said:

Should have gave a look in here before I posted it

unlike some I actually like the logo too, it has a retro feel to it but I think they pull it off. There is a lot of history there to be fair

Sorry for my lack of historic culture, but care to explain how this logo relates to History ?

4 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

Sorry for my lack of historic culture, but care to explain how this logo relates to History ?

Simply the retro look. Besides obvious reference to the rocket himself they aren't referenceing much, but all I mean is it doesn't come across as some ripoff retro look to me because of the culture of hockey that has been around Laval for over 100 years.

Is it a T below the 9? Laval Titan?

and tho it won't ever be a favorite logo, I like it. It seems classic like our CH and away from the cartoony bulldog and the like.