Annual Habs Top Shelf Prospect Report

Commandant

Someone brought up statistics, Sherbak had the same # of points over that stretch and was -4. So, yeah, at the end of March of last year I'd say Lernout was definitely "ahead" of Scherbak if you want to use stats.

NHL.com just released their Habs prospect rankings. Scherbak is #2. It's okay. 9/11 was an inside job, too.

Other than say Carr and Ghetto (who are on 1 way deals)... the guys with the best chance to crack the squad out of camp, and be put in an offensive role, are Lehkonen and Hudon. They are just more advanced at his current age than Reway, Scherbak, McCarron, DLR, and the rest are. (McCarron and DLR are good defensively, but their offense isn't there).

What are the chances Hudon completely out plays Desharnais and makes him expendable.

4-5 years now. I'll say it again. Habs are not going anywhere with Desharnais as a center.

I have no faith in him especially come playoff time. If not Hudon then sign Vermette. As devout as I am. I have no faith until he's been upgraded. I'd rather have A 42 yr old Saku Koivu come out of retirement and fill his roster spot out of sheer contempt,

What are the chances Hudon completely out plays Desharnais and makes him expendable.

4-5 years now. I'll say it again. Habs are not going anywhere with Desharnais as a 3rd line center.

I have no faith in him especially come playoff time. If not Hudon then sign Vermette. As devout as I am. I have no faith until he's been upgraded. I'd rather have A 42 yr old Saku Koivu come out of retirement and fill his roster spot out of sheer contempt,

Vermette is terrible... like legit terrible as a player now. He was good when he was younger, but there is nothing left.

As I said in other threads, DD is overpaid, but you can't get rid of that contract til it expires.

Right now, take away the contracts and just look at the play on the ice... he's the best bet for third line centre. He's much better than you are giving him credit for, especially since he will get exploitation minutes, easy opposition (third pair d) and good zone starts. He averages 49 points a year, and even if you say... oh thats on the first line, well fine... who is your best bet to get 35 points centring the the third line. This team can't score enough, so he's the best bet to put up points. No rookie in our system is ready to take that spot. I have my questions if Hudon is even a centre in the NHL, i think he's a wing.

Would I re-sign DD next summer. No, not when guys like Sam Gagner and Jiri Hudler just sit and sit in free agency... but DD has a role as long as he has a contract that isn't easily deposed of.

Vermette is terrible... like legit terrible as a player now. He was good when he was younger, but there is nothing left.

As I said in other threads, DD is overpaid, but you can't get rid of that contract til it expires.

Right now, take away the contracts and just look at the play on the ice... he's the best bet for third line centre. He's much better than you are giving him credit for, especially since he will get exploitation minutes, easy opposition (third pair d) and good zone starts. He averages 49 points a year, and even if you say... oh thats on the first line, well fine... who is your best bet to get 35 points centring the the third line. This team can't score enough, so he's the best bet to put up points. No rookie in our system is ready to take that spot. I have my questions if Hudon is even a centre in the NHL, i think he's a wing.

Would I re-sign DD next summer. No, not when guys like Sam Gagner and Jiri Hudler just sit and sit in free agency... but DD has a role as long as he has a contract that isn't easily deposed of.

:crazy: Im ok.

Rad Chucky Gally

Max DD Shaw

Carr Plek ghetto

Seem like the best combo's taking that into consideration. Unless a kid makes some waves.

If everyone keeps their nose jammed up the ass of the sheep in front of them, prospect rankings would never change. Every player would perform exactly in accordance with his draft position for the rest of his career. I don't know about 9/11, but I can tell you that won't happen based on previous examples. But hey, if you enjoy the ambiance of the sheep in front of you, and get a bit of a thrill from the attention of the sheep behind you......

If everyone keeps their nose jammed up the ass of the sheep in front of them, prospect rankings would never change. Every player would perform exactly in accordance with his draft position for the rest of his career. I don't know about 9/11, but I can tell you that won't happen based on previous examples. But hey, if you enjoy the ambiance of the sheep in front of you, and get a bit of a thrill from the attention of the sheep behind you......

Please don't leave this board ever. I've been very entertained by all this.

• Upvote 1

So everyone who's seen him play and doesn't think as highly of Lernout relative to Scherbak (including NHL.com) as you do are sheep. But you, who admitted to barely watching him play, are 100% correct in your assessments. Okay then. Open-mindedness is a skill that takes longer to develop for some, I suppose.

As a moderator here, I'll also say that I don't appreciate the implications of your last sentence.

You're, like, so last week! O.M.G.

Ew

I don't like Danault. But I like him better than Desharnais. I know, I know, it's purely vindictive at this point.