2017 NHL Draft Prospects

DON

(I know is still almost 11months away, but no other thread seemed to fit.)

Ivan Hlinka exhibition game, Canada loses 1st game to Czech yesterday.

The QMJHL only have 3 kids on U-18 roster.

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/Team-Canada/Men/Under-18/2016-17/Ivan-Hlinka-Memorial-Cup/Roster

Canada plays Slovakia, Russia and then Sweden, mon-to -wed

Matthew Strome is 3rd brother and at 6'3.5" 206lbs is another big youngster.

Every year we see highly touted players rise and slide in the draft. Who are your candidates to possibly slide, or even make a pretty big jump based on what you know about the players to this point? Do you think Patrick will be able to hang to the #1 status all season or is his competition going to catch up to him?

I think Patrick will retain his number one status... his biggest challenger is Liljegren. Its the classic franchise centre vs #1 defenceman argument. If we have seen anything over the years..... its this, unless the defenceman is clearly ahead (see Ekblad), teams will take the forward.... see RNH vs Larsson, Tavares vs Hedman, Stamkos vs Doughty, Strome vs Hanifin, MacKinnon vs Jones, etc.... etc....

As for a candidate to slide... if I knew that I wouldn't have him in my top 15 today, and then I'd say I told you so later.

Canada beats Sweden 4-1, Comtois with 2 more goals (both shorthanded!).

Two Americans leading scoring; Chmeleski and Pastujov both with 7pts in 3 gms

Canada plays Finland on Friday

He's recovering from offseason hernia surgery. He'll be ready to return by Brandon's training camp.

He's also a late 98 birthday and not eligible for the U18 tournaments even if he was healthy.

If he was 5 days older he would have been in the 2016 draft.

The Hlinka follows the U18 schedule, which means only kids born January 1st 1999 and later are eligible.

Guest Stogey24

That doesn't bug me anywhere near as much as people discussing a 31 year old hockey player and saying he's too old now.

I always think about that too

That doesn't bug me anywhere near as much as people discussing a 31 year old hockey player and saying he's too old now.

If you're reffering to Weber I don't think the main argument is that he IS too old, it's that he'll very likely be on the downswing sooner than the guy he was traded for. I think most reasonable people would agree that Weber has years left of good hockey.

Not to sway too much from the thread focus.

So Canada had gold for 8 straight years and 17 of the last 20 years and this year misses medal round. Is it just a odd year or top Canadians are a bit thin in quality?

Comtois 1a and Canada beats Finland for 5th place.

The two Americans now with 9pts in 4gms and they won vs Russia 4-3 in OT

So tomorrow it is Sweden-Russia for Bronze then USA vs Czech for gold.

So Canada had gold for 8 straight years and 17 of the last 20 years and this year misses medal round. Is it just a odd year or top Canadians are a bit thin in quality?

A couple of late birthdays are canada's best players this draft year.

i knew thatr cause weber is only 30...

But, you also could argue he is currently in his 31st year and tomorrow will be starting his 32nd. :devil: