Trip to Mtl

C-Love

I'm planning a trip to Mtl to see my first Habs game. Any advice on a cheap hotel close to the rink? Another thing, if Habs play on Sat do they usually practice Friday in Brossard? If so, how much is a cab from downtown to Brossard?

Thanks

I'm planning a trip to Mtl to see my first Habs game. Any advice on a cheap hotel close to the rink? Another thing, if Habs play on Sat do they usually practice Friday in Brossard? If so, how much is a cab from downtown to Brossard?

Thanks

The Cab from Bell Centre to Brossard's facility should cost you around 30$, 60$ total round-trip.

If you want to save money, go to the Bonaventure Bus Terminus (right next to Bell Centre) and take the bus 45 to Panama Terminus in Brossard. Then, take a cab.

Which game you going to see?

I just got some tickets to the Buffalo home opener against our Habs. I only live about 1/2 hour from Buffalo.

Be nice to see two good teams in Buffalo for a change (Usually its just us)

Which game you going to see?

I just got some tickets to the Buffalo home opener against our Habs. I only live about 1/2 hour from Buffalo.

Be nice to see two good teams in Buffalo for a change (Usually its just us)

I believe tics don't go on sale in Mtl until Sept 10, the plan is to go see TB on Oct 27 and the leafs on the 29th. I've never bought tickets before but was told to just take the day off work and get in a cue through Club 1909. Hopefully it goes smoothly.

I believe tics don't go on sale in Mtl until Sept 10, the plan is to go see TB on Oct 27 and the leafs on the 29th. I've never bought tickets before but was told to just take the day off work and get in a cue through Club 1909. Hopefully it goes smoothly.

That sounds like a great trip. TBL and TML back to back is a great way to see your first game at the bell center.

Make sure you take a walk down to old Montreal if you've never been there, its a great place to go for a stroll.

There is no better place on earth to be for a Hab fan than at the Bell Center. Imagine a place where everybody cheers for the same team as you, the "CH" everywhere you look, you'll feel like you've died and went to heaven. I make the 12 hour drive at least once a season to catch a game. Soak it all in C-love

Couple years ago we went to see Habs and Leafs in Montreal. It honestly felt like 60-40 Leaf fans.

I was at a game exactly like that. Went to Irish Embassy afterward and there were almost a few brawls. It was a crazy night. All clear on the western front for holidays comfortable.

My favorite moment was game 6 against Pittsburgh during the run of 2010, the energy in the city was insane. Even going to the bathroom during intermission there was a single Pens fan using the urinal and about 100 Hab fans booing him the entire time he was trying to do his business. After a Habs goal I accidentally dumped my beer on a lady in front of me while I was celebrating and she didn't even care at all, meanwhile my buddy had a random guy in a bear hug in the air spinning around. After the game I was running down the street in the traffic jam high fiving people in cars for the whole block. Good times

Guest Stogey24

There was like 5 brawls in front of the Bell Centre that night. I guess it was more than a couple years ago, but it was the night Grabovski scored in OT. Wild, wild night.

I was at a game exactly like that. Went to Irish Embassy afterward and there were almost a few brawls. It was a crazy night. All clear on the western front for holidays comfortable.

My favorite moment was game 6 against Pittsburgh during the run of 2010, the energy in the city was insane. Even going to the bathroom during intermission there was a single Pens fan using the urinal and about 100 Hab fans booing him the entire time he was trying to do his business. After a Habs goal I accidentally dumped my beer on a lady in front of me while I was celebrating and she didn't even care at all, meanwhile my buddy had a random guy in a bear hug in the air spinning around. After the game I was running down the street in the traffic jam high fiving people in cars for the whole block. Good times

Nice story.

I hate to ruin the positive vibe but my last live playoff experience wasn't as pleasant. Game 4 vs Boston in 2011. Ryder offside goal in overtime to lose 5-4. Sopel, Cammalleri and AK46 had us up 3-1 in the first before Boston tied it up 3-3 in the second. PK scored early in the 3rd to put us up before Boston tied it up relatively late in the 3rd. Then, Ryder scores less than 2 minutes into overtime on a missed call offside, leaving even the OT period unenjoyable and anti-climatic.

Earlier in the series, we stole both games in Boston to go up 2-0. We were then winning at the Bell Center 3-1 to go up 3-1 in the series, lost the game, and eventually the series in 7 games when Nathan Horton scored in OT. Furthermore, Boston went on to win the cup against the Canucks and Boston claimed that the Habs were their "toughest" series.

Not as pleasant a memory for me :)

Does anyone know the protocol for getting the tickets through Club 1909? I'm assuming I call a 1-800 number until I get through. Does anyone know what day they go on sale? Any advice on how to best ensure I get tics?

Does anyone know the protocol for getting the tickets through Club 1909? I'm assuming I call a 1-800 number until I get through. Does anyone know what day they go on sale? Any advice on how to best ensure I get tics?

Its all on sale on the website.

You sit in the "virtual waiting room" until it randomly selects you for your turn.

there is no phone ticket sales.

Its all on sale on the website.

You sit in the "virtual waiting room" until it randomly selects you for your turn.

there is no phone ticket sales.

Okay thanks. To be clear, that is on the Club 1909 website correct?

I was planning on taking the morning off work in order to do this, but as long as I have the website up, I'm guessing I could be at work at my desk until my turn pops up?

Okay thanks. To be clear, that is on the Club 1909 website correct?

I was planning on taking the morning off work in order to do this, but as long as I have the website up, I'm guessing I could be at work at my desk until my turn pops up?

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=56633

Thanks

You are a lucky dude to be able to go see le boys.

You are a lucky dude to be able to go see le boys.

Well airfare and hotel is booked but no tickets yet. As of now, I'm definitely going to be in Mtl, hopefully not watching the game in my hotel room!

Well airfare and hotel is booked but no tickets yet. As of now, I'm definitely going to be in Mtl, hopefully not watching the game in my hotel room!

Worst comes to worst you can get seats about 100-125 bucks from a scalper.

I'm going to be headed in for Superbowl weekend. Plans to catch the Caps game on saturday afternoon.

I came in last year for superbowl weekend to see the Oilers game (we actually won) but was disappointed with where we stayed. We were at the W downtown and then went out for dinner at Rosalie.

The club at W wasn't great and Rosalie was totally dead. The only good thing was that Barberio, Scrivens, Andrighetto and some guy I didn't recognize showed up and sat right next to us in this totally quiet restaurant and my good buddy unintentionally trashed Scrivens to his face. (facepalm)

Looking for suggestions on a good hotel with a good club in a fun area of town. Was thinking Hotel 10 up near the Plateau. They have a club BLVD 44 but reviews are mixed.

Go!

I'm going to be headed in for Superbowl weekend. Plans to catch the Caps game on saturday afternoon.

I came in last year for superbowl weekend to see the Oilers game (we actually won) but was disappointed with where we stayed. We were at the W downtown and then went out for dinner at Rosalie.

The club at W wasn't great and Rosalie was totally dead. The only good thing was that Barberio, Scrivens, Andrighetto and some guy I didn't recognize showed up and sat right next to us in this totally quiet restaurant and my good buddy unintentionally trashed Scrivens to his face. (facepalm)

Looking for suggestions on a good hotel with a good club in a fun area of town. Was thinking Hotel 10 up near the Plateau. They have a club BLVD 44 but reviews are mixed.

Go!

I heard good things about Hotel 10. But, as a Montreal resident, I've never stayed in any hotel in town, can't really give you good suggestions for myself...

I stayed at Hotel le Cantlie Suites in the spring, and I really wouldn't recommend it, but I wouldn't say to avoid it either. No idea about any clubs, but there was a lot of good beer and food within a 10-15 minute walk, plus the Bell Centre is that close as well.