Habs PTO

PMAC

Kris Versteeg is a free agent again after his deal in Switzerland fell through, he might be an interesting PTO candidate. Tanguay hasn't received any interest from the Habs yet but did express an interest in signing with them back in July.

I feel like there has been a lot of smoke in previous years in regards to Bergevin having interest in Versteeg, but that could be me mistaking him for someone else. Does this ring a bell for anyone?

Guest Stogey24

I feel like there has been a lot of smoke in previous years in regards to Bergevin having interest in Versteeg, but that could be me mistaking him for someone else. Does this ring a bell for anyone?

He's played for Chicago, so probably

The Habs were rumoured to have a deal in place to acquire him last offseason but he reportedly invoked his no-trade. He later accepted a deal to Carolina, making me really wonder about that last part as why would he say no to what was thought of at the time as a contender and then accept a deal to a likely bottom feeder.

• 2 weeks later...

Marc Bergevin does not intend to have any PTOs in Habs camp as of right now.

— Аrpon Basu (@ArponBasu) 15 September 2016
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I was sort of hoping there would be a vet in camp to try out for a LW spot and have one of the kids be right there in case of injury. It's alot to ask of one of them to play a full productive season in the NHL. I don't like the idea of a vacant spot up for grabs in such an important spot in the lineup. And if Paul Byron ends up as a second line winger I'm going to flip

I was sort of hoping there would be a vet in camp to try out for a LW spot and have one of the kids be right there in case of injury. It's alot to ask of one of them to play a full productive season in the NHL. I don't like the idea of a vacant spot up for grabs in such an important spot in the lineup. And if Paul Byron ends up as a second line winger I'm going to flip

I guess they figure between Andrighetto, Carr, Lehkonen, Hudon, etc, at least one player will wind up proving themselves worthy of a top six/nine roster spot. (I wouldn't rule out Shaw as the other top six forward yet either.)

I think the Habs are looking at for left wing Pacioretty, Carr, Andrighetto, Lehkonen, Shaw, Matteau, and Danault. Heck, Therrien might even try Radulov there (as he's left handed) instead of the RW.

I don't see Byron getting a second line winger role at all unless there's a few injuries. I'm pretty convinced we'll see Shaw get top six minutes either on the LW as a right handed shot or the RW while Radulov moves to the left wing. Basically:

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Shaw - Plekanec - Radulov

Carr - Desharnais - Andrighetto

Byron - Matteau - Mitchell/Byron

The best LW free agents available right now are Alex Tanguay (didn't have a fun go around in Montreal the first time), Tomas Fleischmann (Round Two?) and Lari Korpikoski.

I think the Habs are looking at for left wing Pacioretty, Carr, Andrighetto, Lehkonen, Shaw, Matteau, and Danault. Heck, Therrien might even try Radulov there (as he's left handed) instead of the RW.

I don't see Byron getting a second line winger role at all unless there's a few injuries. I'm pretty convinced we'll see Shaw get top six minutes either on the LW as a right handed shot or the RW while Radulov moves to the left wing. Basically:

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Shaw - Plekanec - Radulov

Carr - Desharnais - Andrighetto

Byron - Matteau - Mitchell/Byron

The best LW free agents available right now are Alex Tanguay (didn't have a fun go around in Montreal the first time), Tomas Fleischmann (Round Two?) and Lari Korpikoski.

Nah, their good and dont need to add any more washed up players.