Any anxiety about Price?

Nice piece by Norman here: http://www.habsworld.net/2016/09/fantasy-focus-carey-price-3/

While I suspect most of us are confident that Price will be his usual excellent self and that, therefore, the Habs will also excel, I was wondering if anyone hereabouts has any anxiety about, first, whether Price's game will suffer a significant drop-off after missing an entire season, and second, whether Price can finally put together a healthy season/playoff, or whether he will get injured yet again. Thoughts?

He's supposed to be 100%. Whether that's actual 100% or athlete 100% is a whole other thing.

He's young enough and a good athlete enough to see a full recovery, maybe even be better than ever with the time off if you can believe it. But it's also possible that while he's good enough to play full seasons again, he lost something in the injury and recovery that will limit him to the player he used to be.

Much like the fears of Gallagher and his concussions there's not much you can do. Price will want to play, Therrien will want to play him as much as possible, and there won't be much change to that until Price is no longer the best option to go with.

Price will want to play, Therrien will want to play him as much as possible, and there won't be much change to that until Price is no longer the best option to go with.

Stephane Waite noted earlier that the intention is to limit his workload around 60 starts which suggests they've already had a conversation with the coaches to put a plan together so Therrien may not use him like before. (Of course, if Montoya/Condon struggle, that could go out the window although there are a lot of back-to-backs this year.)

Stephane Waite noted earlier that the intention is to limit his workload around 60 starts which suggests they've already had a conversation with the coaches to put a plan together so Therrien may not use him like before. (Of course, if Montoya/Condon struggle, that could go out the window although there are a lot of back-to-backs this year.)

12/28 & 12/29: Lightning and Panthers

12/31: Penguins

01/03 & 01/04: Predators and Stars

These are all road games close together against what will likely be some of the best teams in the league. I will be shocked if Price doesn't play more than three of those games. He'll play at least one of the back to backs alone.

That's not considering even the entire back to back schedule:

10/26 & 10/27: Islanders and Lightning

11/04 & 11/05: Blue Jackets and Flyers

11/12 & 11/13: Red Wings and Blackhawks

11/18 & 11/19: Hurricanes and Maple Leafs

12/16 & 12/17: Sharks and Capitals

12/22 & 12/23: Wild and Blue Jackets

01/11 & 01/12: Jets and Wild

01/20 & 01/21: Devils and Sabres

02/04 & 02/05: Capitals and Oilers

02/11 & 02/12: Blues and Bruins

02/27 & 02/28: Devils and Blue Jackets

03/18 & 03/19: Senators x2

04/07 & 04/08: Lightning and Red Wings

I bolded the games I can see Price playing both because it would be too risky to play the backup against such strong teams. That's 14 games right there I see Price playing, with extra in those back to back's he'll probably play at least one game. That's probably 6-8 games. That's 20 games right there Price will likely play and we've only gone through 30 games. I would be surprised to see Montoya/Condon play a back to back all by themselves (except maybe that back to back against the Hurricanes and Maple Leafs) and the only way Price gets a real break is if Montreal is safely in a playoff spot around mid-March and the team rides the back-up for the last 10 or so games.

TL:DR I'm very skeptical they will play Price only 60 games, even if it's the right thing to do.

12/31: Penguins

These are all road games close together against what will likely be some of the best teams in the league. I will be shocked if Price doesn't play more than three of those games. He'll play at least one of the back to backs alone.

That's not considering even the entire back to back schedule:

10/26 & 10/27: Islanders and Lightning

11/04 & 11/05: Blue Jackets and Flyers

11/12 & 11/13: Red Wings and Blackhawks

11/18 & 11/19: Hurricanes and Maple Leafs

12/16 & 12/17: Sharks and Capitals

12/22 & 12/23: Wild and Blue Jackets

01/11 & 01/12: Jets and Wild

01/20 & 01/21: Devils and Sabres

02/04 & 02/05: Capitals and Oilers

02/11 & 02/12: Blues and Bruins

02/27 & 02/28: Devils and Blue Jackets

03/18 & 03/19: Senators x2

04/07 & 04/08: Lightning and Red Wings

I bolded the games I can see Price playing both because it would be too risky to play the backup against such strong teams. That's 14 games right there I see Price playing, with extra in those back to back's he'll probably play at least one game. That's probably 6-8 games. That's 20 games right there Price will likely play and we've only gone through 30 games. I would be surprised to see Montoya/Condon play a back to back all by themselves (except maybe that back to back against the Hurricanes and Maple Leafs) and the only way Price gets a real break is if Montreal is safely in a playoff spot around mid-March and the team rides the back-up for the last 10 or so games.

TL:DR I'm very skeptical they will play Price only 60 games, even if it's the right thing to do.

They'll play Mambo Montoya against the Panthers in the b2b for sure. But Therrien will grind him right down during the dog days of the year. I could see them rotating a 3/1 until December with Montoya. He's been quite good at times.

Honestly I think a lot will depend on if Montoya can carry the torch when Price subs out. Personally I think he will.

As for anxiety of course I think in the backs of all of our minds we are a little worried that the injuries can creep back in but overall I think Price is becoming a lot smarter and wiser in regards to how to keep his body well maintained and might be the reason he took all of last year off even when he could of come back to play at the end of last year. He is very intelligent and the fact that no surgery was needed I think is a good thing.

Will he be a bit rusty to start off? Sure but that's what the World Cup is for lol.

Just a tad worried about him jumping right into the fast pace of the World Cup with so much time off, but I guess if he gets through this tournament unscathed, I'll be relaxed for the season.

How can you possibly be worried about Price? why are you such a hater and a basher of our beloved Habs players?

• Upvote 1

Just a tad worried about him jumping right into the fast pace of the World Cup with so much time off, but I guess if he gets through this tournament unscathed, I'll be relaxed for the season.

How can you possibly be worried about Price? why are you such a hater and a basher of our beloved Habs players?

You on the wrong thread, liquored up or something? I cant see connection between the two posts?

I'm willing to bet he comes into this thing looking like he didn't miss a beat, because that is what happens when you are the best player in the world at your position.

Very promising from arpson basu

Price looks unbeatable in practise especially in 3 on 0 breakaway drills...

Hahahahaah!

What's this about trading PK?

The thought occurs to me.. what an excellent site this is with so many of you guys so richly contributing your great smarts and personalities .. luv it. Thanks.

Hahahahaah!

What's this about trading PK?

The thought occurs to me.. what an excellent site this is with so many of you guys so richly contributing your great smarts and personalities .. luv it. Thanks.

I think you should find a rag to wipe the brown off your nose. ;)

I assume your talking about me?

I think you should find a rag to wipe the brown off your nose. ;)

I assume your talking about me?

Actually.. in my case that would be purple.

And of course I was talking about you!!

How did he get the breakaway.. and who were the other two guys??

• Upvote 1

I was waiting after the WC to answer this question, but now, I can say that I'm not anxious at all for now.

Now, ask me this question again when Krieder will be falling on Price full speed...

4 hours ago, Commandant said:

Its a joke, jeez..... 

Also don't lecture me on what to do ever again.  I didn't know you ran the site. 

Whoa... lol, testy!

I guess that's settled!