Canadiens hire Sean Burke as professional scout

kaos

That's a nice addition to their hockey ops team. He's worked in player development, coached goalies, and been an assistant GM recently; something tells me he'll have a bit more input than a regular pro scout.

I wonder if Stephane Waite is feeling the heat? Wasn't Burke a pretty good goalie coach?

I have to give Bergevin some credit, there's no shortage of hockey people that want to work with him.

I wonder if Stephane Waite is feeling the heat? Wasn't Burke a pretty good goalie coach?

I have to give Bergevin some credit, there's no shortage of hockey people that want to work with him.

Doubt Waite is feeling the heat. Price loves him, and so does Bergevin.

Burke also doesn't want to be a goalie coach anymore. He wants to be a GM.

I figured you were gonna hate this hire.

His past is ugly (telling a reporter that your wife doesn't like you when you lose and then it comes out you beat her) and going from Arizona AGM to a pro scout is a real drop, and it's another member of the Bergevin former player retirement county club, but otherwise? Meh.

I'd still prefer to find out what Scott Mellanby does. Nobody seems to know.

His past is ugly (telling a reporter that your wife doesn't like you when you lose and then it comes out you beat her) and going from Arizona AGM to a pro scout is a real drop, and it's another member of the Bergevin former player retirement county club, but otherwise? Meh.

He sits in MB's axxhole, I mean fox hole.

Who have you asked?