Welcome to the new HW Forum

dlbalr

I've moved the thread into Habs Talk for a bit where people will have a better shot at actually seeing it.  A few things:

- Colour scheme - I can figure out how to change the general background so I've moved it to the light grey just so it's not white on white.  Any preferences as to whether a light background or a dark one is preferred?  Or is this fine?  (Unfortunately, a lot of the other visual stuff is beyond what I can figure out how to do.)

- I'll echo sakiqc's note on making any suggestions for things you'd like to see added/changed.  No promises that we'll be able to do them but we can at least look into them. 

- The notification system appears to be working properly now.  If someone @'s you in a message (ie: @dlbalr), you should see a notification on the top right-hand side of the page (the bell icon).  I'm not sure how often we will want to use it but it's there to use if necessary.

- While we're on the topic of general forum stuff, I feel like it's a good time to ask if anyone would like to help with the moderation here.  I think the timing of this inquiry is pretty self-explanatory but ideally, it would be nice to have one or two more people who can help out in this regard.  If you're interested in helping or have any questions, please let me know.

Guest Stogey24

I've mentioned this before, so I don't know if it's possible, but is there any chance of getting a tab at the top of the page that scrolls straight to the bottom of the thread. 

I didn't realize the "reply to topic" does exactly that. Sorry 

Not sure if this forum has the option, but is it possible to add a cooldown to upvoting and downvoting the same user? It might help with the childish brigading that has started happening. 

10 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Not sure if this forum has the option, but is it possible to add a cooldown to upvoting and downvoting the same user? It might help with the childish brigading that has started happening. 

I know on the previous version there was a way to cap the number of down votes given to a poster in a single day.  (I assume that also counted for up votes.)  The previous limit I believe was five.  I can look into that to see if that is still the case.

36 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I know on the previous version there was a way to cap the number of down votes given to a poster in a single day.  (I assume that also counted for up votes.)  The previous limit I believe was five.  I can look into that to see if that is still the case.

I think sometimes people genuinely get 5 upvotes or even downvotes. It might be better if it could be say, 3-5 upvotes or 3-5 maximum downvotes for a specific user towards another specific user. 

46 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I think sometimes people genuinely get 5 upvotes or even downvotes. It might be better if it could be say, 3-5 upvotes or 3-5 maximum downvotes for a specific user towards another specific user. 

That's what it was/is.  There's no set limit to the amount of up or down votes any single post receives.

Great job with the new site and features.  Looking forward to another good season of news and insights! Habsworld has come a long way from its early days.  Keep up the great work. 

Cheers! 

Go Habs Go!

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...