dlbalr

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stogey24
16 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Listening to the TSN 690 intermission panel, they seem to be really big fans of Juulsen.

Lehkonen's up to 5 shots so far tonight, it sounds like he certainly isn't hurting his case for a roster spot.

Juulsen has done nothing man. Honestly

3 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

He's done nothing man. Honestly

Juulsen isn't someone who is going to stand out too much (at least in a good way) most nights.  He's a safe, smart defenceman at the junior level and those guys generally don't stick out in the preseason.  I'm curious to see how many more games he gets as he's not realistically going to be in a battle for a spot with the Habs this year so they may want to send him back to junior before too long (especially with Markov/Emelin set to join the team later this week).

Guest Stogey24
2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Juulsen isn't someone who is going to stand out too much (at least in a good way) most nights.  He's a safe, smart defenceman at the junior level and those guys generally don't stick out in the preseason.  I'm curious to see how many more games he gets as he's not realistically going to be in a battle for a spot with the Habs this year so they may want to send him back to junior before too long (especially with Markov/Emelin set to join the team later this week).

True

Some of us have brought up the 'creative stat-keeping' at the Bell Centre.  While I'm not watching the game, from listening to it I have a hard time believing that Montreal's lineup has thrown 35 hits at the halfway point of the 3rd period (New Jersey is at 42).  This does not sound like a particularly chippy game but that hit total would certainly suggest otherwise.

12 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Lehkonen had a great game. 

Scherbak seems to have come a long way from last year. Big boy out there. 

Lehkonen was the Habs best forward. Very impressed.

Scherbak needs to keep his feet moving. Looks like Pierre Dagenais out there.

Scherbak shows flashes of real talent.. but right now that is all they are, flashes. He needs more AHL time.

Lehkonen was very, very good.

I liked Redmond.

Yuri Alexander is slow.

Daniel Audette had a good game, he might be able to go to the AHL and avoid the ECHL. 

Carr is a lock for a top 9 spot.

Condon has the same issues with rebounds that he had last year. 

24 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Lehkonen was very, very good.

Carr is a lock for a top 9 spot.

Gonna be tough for Carr since he's the only one who can be sent down without waivers, but assuming he and Lehkonen force Bergevin's hand in keeping them both on the Habs, who do you try to send down?

Matteau and Redmond? Andrighetto? Flynn? Pateryn? 

Bonneau is from Quebec, Robinson is royalty in Quebec. 

Donnelly Quebec, Savard Quebec, Karpan a former Habs scout, McKasey a former Expo (!!!)

That leaves Crawford in Vancouver, Kovachik in Buffalo, and Sexton in Pittsburgh as the only ones who might have been there on assignment and not just there because it was in Montreal.

10 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Gonna be tough for Carr since he's the only one who can be sent down without waivers, but assuming he and Lehkonen force Bergevin's hand in keeping them both on the Habs, who do you try to send down?

Matteau and Redmond? Andrighetto? Flynn? Pateryn? 

Personally, I'd say Matteau first but after hearing last season that the Habs had been trying to get him dating back to last September, I start to think they'll give him another chance (unless he has a terrible preseason).  I like Flynn more than most do on here since his positional versatility is nice to have in the bottom six but he would seem to be the likely candidate to be waived or traded first.  I also hope they find a way to not have to keep eight d-men up again this year but would Redmond or Pateryn make it through waivers?  I don't think Pateryn would and given that Redmond is on a league minimum deal for two years (which means his cap hit next season will be below the league minimum), I think someone might take him for the contract. 

1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

Lindgren looks promising and was excellent last night.  

Maybe Fucale is becoming expendable 

With Price being eligible for UFA status after 2017-18, I wouldn't be rushing to deal away goalie prospects just yet.  Lindgren looks good so far but he has one regular season start and one half of a preseason game under his belt at the pro level.  Neither of them are sure things at this point so unless someone wants to pay big for Fucale, I'd rather keep both and hedge my bets in the hopes that one of them pans out.

12 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Lehkonen had a great game. 

Scherbak seems to have come a long way from last year. Big boy out there. 

Did Therrien give Scherbak some 'spirited verbal feedback' after one shift?

I heard Scherbak still has been lost without puck in training camp.

Guest Stogey24
15 minutes ago, DON said:

Did Therrien give Scherbak some 'spirited verbal feedback' after one shift?

I heard Scherbak still has been lost without puck in training camp.

I wouldn't say lost,  but he definitely still has some work to do. 

Atleast he doesn't look like Bambi out there now 

Saw bit of express game and Carr played like Gallagher-lite again and like Lehkonen getting into the slot and almost banged home tying goal along with Gallagher at the end.

Gallagher, Carr, Byron and Lehkonen all seem like smaller guys not scared to go into a corner (although Lehkonen was only playing a 1/2 Jersey squad and not vs Rangers or Ducks) 

8 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

I wouldn't say lost,  but he definitely still has some work to do. 

Atleast he doesn't look like Bambi out there now 

Would like to see Scherbak get a game or at least a few shifts with Galchenyuk.

45 minutes ago, DON said:

The Vegas one stood out to me.

I wouldn't read anything into that.  As MoLG noted, Karpan was working for the Habs until a few weeks ago.  I imagine he'll be in Montreal a lot early on.

20 minutes ago, DON said:

Would like to see Scherbak get a game or at least a few shifts with Galchenyuk.

In the preseason, sure.  In the regular season, no way.  Scherbak needs a lot of time in the minors still (and since he's only now starting his ELC), he has plenty of time yet.

I simply meant a "Vegas" scout, just odd to see and I guess the expansion draft will be in the background all year long.

Scherbak and Galchenyuk wouldn't be a good PK pairing anytime soon that is for sure. But Timmins noted those two played well together last year, so might be interesting to see Scherbak get a chance to play with him.

San Jose could be scouting a guy like Condon, a potential backup expected to be exposed on the waiver wire. 

They will probably be looking at the third goalie for a lot of teams and comparing them to their current backup Aaron Dell.