Sept. 27, Washington vs Montreal, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

After losing last night, the Habs will look to get their first win of the exhibition season as they host the Lars Eller-less Capitals.  (Eller played last night so he's not with the team today.)

[IMG]

(Lines unconfirmed, they're my guess based on the roster making the trip):

Burakovsky - Johansson - Connolly

Boyd - Beagle - Thomas

Sanford - Vrana - Walker

O'Brien - Mitchell - Sill

Malenstyn

Alzner - Bowey

Chorney - Dietz

Ness - Hobbs

Djoos

Vanecek

MacIntyre

[IMG]

Shaw - Flynn - Radulov

Byron - Mitchell - Danault

Matteau - McCarron - Hudon

Gregoire - MacMillan - Friberg

Beaulieu - Pateryn

Parisi - Lernout

Samuelsson - Johnston

Montoya

Fucale

Puck drop is at 7:30 on RDS.  TSN 690 will have the call.

I don't think I'll be able to catch any of the game tonight but what stands out to me from the lineups will be how Radulov fares in his debut. All the best to him. :1gohabs:

And the Habs charge full ticket price to watch this roster?

How will Radulov play? He should stand out at least.

Hudon, Lernout, Samuelsson would be the three I am most curious how will look. 

Maybe also how bad will Matteau be?

3 hours ago, DON said:

And the Habs charge full ticket price to watch this roster?

No kidding...I would have to think twice about paying 20 bucks to watch those lineups play against each other.

• Upvote 1

Tonight's lineup has more NHL players for the Habs than yesterday's but it's mostly their fringe guys.  A couple of names that Don didn't mention that I'll have some interest in are Danault and Friberg. 

We know how much Bergevin wanted Danault and his claim that getting him made Eller expendable.  But on the other hand, where does he fit in?  If Carr-Desharnais-Andrighetto is the desired third line, Danault is fourth line or a healthy scratch.  I have to think a strong camp from him will move him up the lineup.

As for Friberg, he has a bit of NHL experience and could be someone they'd call on to fill in as a fourth liner as the year progresses.  I thought he'd get a look last year but he didn't so he's going to have to make an impression on the coaches.  There's a decent chance that this could be his lone game so he'll need to do something to stand out early (despite not having the best of linemates - that's potentially St. John's 3rd line to start the season).

Wasn't Danault brought in because of Bergevin's like of his "hockey sense" defensively, his speed, and fore checking ability?

I thought he was Bergevin's answer to 3rd line C... but Deharnais is probably still Habs best bet for 3rd line C is he not?

Neither addresses Habs need for some grit on the forward lines, so meh for me...

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

We know how much Bergevin wanted Danault and his claim that getting him made Eller expendable. 

I really think Eller made Eller expendable. Lots of show no go.

Guest Stogey24
45 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

Beaulieu, Radulov, Pateryn all with very nice looking stat sheets. (Not watching the game). 

Pateryn and Beaulieu have had great games. 

Radulov could easily end up being a stud

Hudon has looked alot better in the second half of the game. 

I got to see part of the game (missed the Shaw thing, that was a surprise seeing 30 PIMS on the stat sheet), the Habs looked pretty good (or Washington looked less bad).  Radulov really stood out in a good way, Byron's speed was in midseason form, and Beaulieu/Pateryn looked good on the back end.  (Two goals for Mitchell isn't too shabby either.)  In terms of the prospects, Johnston played pretty well and I liked what I saw from Parisi.  Lernout was quieter than I hoped for though.

First win on the new board, it's time for everyone's favourite victory banana. :1banana:

1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

Pateryn and Beaulieu have had great games. 

Radulov could easily end up being a stud

Hudon has looked alot better in the second half of the game. 

Oh boy don't get me too hopeful now

Well, basically had 3pp goals, so Muller must be pleased. Nate was great with 4pts and his partner Pateryn with 3a and team leading 26:01. Radulov seems NHL-ready and I think he didn't even play in the 3rd period (did he?), given game was won and didn't need him.

Shaw had that goofy antic during his fight, seemed very bush-league and he also deserves a suspension for hit from behind.

Not good to see the real softie on Montoya (is he an upgrade on Condon?), but Caps seemed to be a very weak team and not much of a test. 

McCarron did well in the circle and played 'OK' and Hudon had couple nice plays.

delaRose had zero offensive attempts and seemed invisible out there.

1 hour ago, DON said:

Shaw had that goofy antic during his fight, seemed very bush-league and he also deserves a suspension for hit from behind.

The league will review the hit and if it is deemed suspension worthy, Shaw will miss regular season time.

The PP looks like the old Habs PP when Kovalev was on the half wall. Except with Radulov. I was having deja-vu watching last night.

The whole Shaw incident could have been avoided had the refs called a penalty on Beagle's slew-foot.

I hear Denis Coderre is banning Andrew Shaw from Montreal now.