Tim Bozon traded to Florida

dlbalr

Bozon is pretty much a non-prospect at this stage.  He's a top six or bust type of player and he's not good enough to be a top six guy in the AHL let alone the NHL.  I think he was well on the way towards being non-qualified next June.  That said, Racine is also a non-prospect but St. John's defence depth was pretty weak (and that was with Barberio being added surprisingly).  He'll have more of an impact for the IceCaps than Bozon would have this year.

18 minutes ago, JGC21 said:

Awesome trade...?

So from the 2012 draft, all MTL has left is Galchenyuk and Hudon.

...and Thrower (for time being anyways).

Assume Racine is supposed to add some toughness to IceCaps.

2 minutes ago, DON said:

...and Thrower (for time being anyways).

Yeah, it's safe to write him off.  He'll be let go in June.  This pushes Thrower down to about 9th on St. John's depth chart (10th if you put Jeremie Blain ahead of him).

6 minutes ago, Commandant said:

The other thing is racine is a lefty.  So a legit need jn the system. 

Doubt he does anything more than st. Johns though.

I think the bigger need is on the right side in St. John's at the moment.  Barberio, Samuelsson, Hanley, Parisi, and now Racine are on the left with Johnston, Lernout, Didier, Thrower, and Blain on the right.  One of those groups is a whole lot better than the other.  At the very least, they have options which is a whole lot better than a week ago.

I don't have much to report back about Racine. He played one game when the Cats were a disaster and I don't recall him or his play even though there was a 3/5 chance I saw him play. If it was a home game. He's never made any noise, but this is a nothing trade anyways. Hopefully he can help St. Johns.

On 10/8/2016 at 10:43 AM, dlbalr said:

Bozon is pretty much a non-prospect at this stage.  He's a top six or bust type of player and he's not good enough to be a top six guy in the AHL let alone the NHL.  I think he was well on the way towards being non-qualified next June.  That said, Racine is also a non-prospect but St. John's defence depth was pretty weak (and that was with Barberio being added surprisingly).  He'll have more of an impact for the IceCaps than Bozon would have this year.

I seriously question this. In multiple Ice Caps games I saw he played well then would get thrown to the bench.

Can you even say he was giving a chance under that wacko?

edit: why did my name change? haha

51 minutes ago, bbp said:

edit: why did my name change? haha

You mean that wasn't intentional?  That's the second one in as many days.  I've changed it back (or at least to what I think your username was before).

23 hours ago, dlbalr said:

You mean that wasn't intentional?  That's the second one in as many days.  I've changed it back (or at least to what I think your username was before).

Yup, thanks!