11th Annual Prediction Contest

Peter Puck

• 5 months later...

If we win the last 3 games, I will be spot on for the points total with 107...  but will probably not be 6th in the NHL anymore...

1 hour ago, JoeLassister said:

If we win the last 3 games, I will be spot on for the points total with 107...  but will probably not be 6th in the NHL anymore...

Same here. I'll be good for the points total if the Habs lose the last three games and the NHL decides to forfeit one of our past wins cause we used an illegal player (Lindgren maybe?) or something. Come on Bettman! :P

1 hour ago, Habsfan84 said:

Same here. I'll be good for the points total if the Habs lose the last three games and the NHL decides to forfeit one of our past wins cause we used an illegal player (Lindgren maybe?) or something. Come on Bettman! :P

hahaha  same but different.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay we have our winner(s).

The Habs finished the season 57-26-7-2 for 103 points.   47-26-7-2 for 103 points.  Three posters came within 1 point of the correct total.

thehabbit predicted 47-25-5-5 = 104 pts  and

kaos predicted 46-26-6-4 = 102 pts

BlueKross predicted 46-24-6-4 =102 pts.

The first tie breaker (accuracy of final record) forces me to put BlueKross in third place since his prediction is predicated on an 80 game season:(.

On 2016-10-13 at 1:20 PM, BlueKross said:

46-24-6-4

1st in Atlantic

2nd in league

277 goals

Both thehabbit and kaos predicted 2nd in the  Atlantic. 

But thehabbit finishes second based upon their predictions of where the Habs would finish league wide: Montreal finished 7th as kaos predicted, while thehabbit predicted 6th overall. 

So the winner of this year's contest is kaos.  Congratulations.

Edited by Peter Puck
Change 57 wins to 47 wins.

4 hours ago, Peter Puck said:

The Habs finished the season 57-26-7-2 for 103 points.   Three posters came within 1 point of the correct total.

thehabbit predicted 47-25-5-5 = 104 pts  and

kaos predicted 46-26-6-4 = 102 pts

BlueKross predicted 46-24-6-4 =102 pts.

The first tie breaker (accuracy of final record) forces me to put BlueKross in third place since his prediction is predicated on an 80 game season:(.

Both thehabbit and kaos predicted 2nd in the  Atlantic. 

But thehabbit finishes second based upon their predictions of where the Habs would finish league wide: Montreal finished 7th as kaos predicted, while thehabbit predicted 6th overall. 

So the winner of this year's contest is kaos.  Congratulations.

The Habs record was actually 47-26-7-2 for 103 points

Congrats kaos and sorry if i stir something up but I was just wondering in regards to the tiebreaks, what's the purpose of the accuracy of final record? Doesn't "thehabbit" have the most accurate record since he predicted 47 wins? And if not, shouldn't BlueKross win the second tiebreak since he predicted 1st in the Atlantic? I could see BlueKross being dqed from the first tiebreak since he only based it on 80 games but since nobody won that one, shouldn't he win the second?

Just asking, I'm sure you've put more thought into it than me. 

5 hours ago, Peter Puck said:

The Habs finished the season 57-26-7-2 for 103 points.   Three posters came within 1 point of the correct total.

Whoops.  Apparently I thought the season is 92 games.

1 hour ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

The Habs record was actually 47-26-7-2 for 103 points

Congrats kaos and sorry if i stir something up but I was just wondering in regards to the tiebreaks, what's the purpose of the accuracy of final record? Doesn't "thehabbit" have the most accurate record since he predicted 47 wins? And if not, shouldn't BlueKross win the second tiebreak since he predicted 1st in the Atlantic? I could see BlueKross being dqed from the first tiebreak since he only based it on 80 games but since nobody won that one, shouldn't he win the second?

Just asking, I'm sure you've put more thought into it than me. 

Yes I admit the first tie break is hard to explain.  Basically it is intended to reward someone who comes very close to the final record over some one who is far off.

For example someone who had  predicted 36-6-10-20 = 102 pts would lose the first tie breaker to any of the 3 finalist this year.  Normally I would not have used the first tie breaker this year, but someone predicting an 80 game season , come on.  

Had I added two OTL I would have been on the money for points ! 47-28-4-3 originally versus 47-26-7-2 result.

I always find the season prediction part fun. I wonder what the offseason will bring and how I'll feel before 2017-2018 starts?

Congrats to the community farseers!