Condon claimed by Pittsburgh

dlbalr

I feel bad for Condon. He should be looked at as the guy who backed up Price. Instead he's known as the guy who flopped in his rookie year to be the starter of a Montreal Canadiens team that relies entirely on the confidence they get from their goaltender. When he needed support in the position the GM got Ben Scrivens for him. Once the season was pretty much over he was already seeing Charlie Lindgren ready to take his spot. He just suffered an entire year thrown right under the bus and for his troubles he gets to goto the Stanley Cup champions, who only need him until their Cup winning youngster is back. He's pretty much doomed for looking better than Tokarski. In truth, he never should have played up in Montreal since the Habs should have had a better backup for Price, and when Price went down, should have got a better goaltender to platoon with him. I'm sure he liked the NHL pay, but there won't be much more of an NHL career for him.

2 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

I feel bad for Condon. He should be looked at as the guy who backed up Price. Instead he's known as the guy who flopped in his rookie year to be the starter of a Montreal Canadiens team that relies entirely on the confidence they get from their goaltender. When he needed support in the position the GM got Ben Scrivens for him. Once the season was pretty much over he was already seeing Charlie Lindgren ready to take his spot. He just suffered an entire year thrown right under the bus and for his troubles he gets to goto the Stanley Cup champions, who only need him until their Cup winning youngster is back. He's pretty much doomed for looking better than Tokarski. In truth, he never should have played up in Montreal since the Habs should have had a better backup for Price, and when Price went down, should have got a better goaltender to platoon with him. I'm sure he liked the NHL pay, but there won't be much more of an NHL career for him.

Good post. There is no question that Condon was thrown to the wolves; all you can say is, he's a borderline NHLer who got a chance that he will likely never see again, thanks to the Habs's incompetence. When he looks back in a few years, I'm sure it'll be with some fondness that he got to have that experience.

I may as well bring this up - I wouldn't rule out Condon returning at some point.  The fact that he passed all the way to Pittsburgh would suggest that they were the only team to put in a claim on him.  The Penguins will likely re-waive Condon once Matt Murray is ready to go in a few weeks time.  If that's the case, Montreal could in theory reclaim him and as long as no other team puts in a claim, he'd be eligible to be sent to St. John's.  The comments from Therrien, Bergevin, and Waite all suggest that they were really hoping he'd clear so I wouldn't put it past them to try to get him back when Murray returns to the Penguins.

7 hours ago, dlbalr said:

I may as well bring this up - I wouldn't rule out Condon returning at some point.  The fact that he passed all the way to Pittsburgh would suggest that they were the only team to put in a claim on him.  The Penguins will likely re-waive Condon once Matt Murray is ready to go in a few weeks time.  If that's the case, Montreal could in theory reclaim him and as long as no other team puts in a claim, he'd be eligible to be sent to St. John's.  The comments from Therrien, Bergevin, and Waite all suggest that they were really hoping he'd clear so I wouldn't put it past them to try to get him back when Murray returns to the Penguins.

Not a used Condon... I mean really... :blink:

• Upvote 4