2016-17 NHL Season Thread

dlbalr

8 hours ago, DON said:

Tinordi a healthy scratch tomorrow for Ariz. vs Habs.

I never thought he would be a bust.

Isn't he still serving his 20-game suspension?

3 minutes ago, lazy26 said:

If I remember correctly, I don't think he's eligible to play until the 23rd.

OK, didn't know that, just saw him as scratch in GDT for today's game.

Too funny, Leafs with 4-0 lead on Jets yesterday and how did that game finish...ol supercoach Babcock must be pulling his hair out.:lol:

Laine with a nice hat trick.

Guest Stogey24
11 hours ago, DON said:

Tinordi a healthy scratch tomorrow for Ariz. vs Habs.

I never thought he would be a bust.

He wasn't mean like his dad, which is what everyone thought/wanted from him. 

I think after he took that punch that k.o'd him, it all kind of went down hill 

39 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

He wasn't mean like his dad, which is what everyone thought/wanted from him. 

I think after he took that punch that k.o'd him, it all kind of went down hill 

Fun narrative, but nah....

He got exposed as the big, tough stay at home defenceman who handles the puck like a hand grenade and thus can't play in the current NHL 

See Dylan McIlrath, Jamie Oleksiak, Duncan Siemens, Brandon Gormley, Derek Forbort, etc... etc...

Meanwhile actual NHLers who could play before like Douglas Murray, Mike Komisarek, etc... are flaming out of the league cause they couldn't adapt. 

Had nothing to do with toughness, had everything to do with lack of talent and inability to adapt to the way the game is being played today.

10 hours ago, Dalhabs said:

Yakupov scoring against Edmonton must hurt the fans...

Imagine getting the #1 overall pick, getting overly excited, investing copious amounts of feelings into it, trading him after just a few years for a pile of dog crap, and then seeing him flourish on his new team scoring against you. 

One of the worst kinds of hurt

• Upvote 1

On 2016-10-20 at 9:31 AM, lazy26 said:

If I remember correctly, I don't think he's eligible to play until the 23rd.

He serves the last game of his suspension tonight and has already been placed on waivers today for the purposes of sending him down to the minors tomorrow. http://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2016/10/coyotes-jarred-tinordi.html

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

He serves the last game of his suspension tonight and has already been placed on waivers today for the purposes of sending him down to the minors tomorrow. http://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2016/10/coyotes-jarred-tinordi.html

Hey let's claim him. We could always use da dept.

A couple of former Hab notes, Dale Weise gets a three game suspension which means he won't face off against the Habs next week.  And the news you probably didn't see coming, Douglas Murray officially retired.  (I'm sure many were like me and thought he had already retired...)

32 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

A couple of former Hab notes, Dale Weise gets a three game suspension which means he won't face off against the Habs next week.  And the news you probably didn't see coming, Douglas Murray officially retired.  (I'm sure many were like me and thought he had already retired...)

I miss Crankshaft!

10 hours ago, Commandant said:

I'd rather call up Barberio

He's not off to a good start this season - though to be fair, none of their defencemen are.  Personally, I'd have claimed Goloubef from Columbus yesterday, more of a puck moving complement that could in theory play with Emelin on the right side.

11 hours ago, Commandant said:

If you send down Sergachev you need to call up a defenceman.  You'd have only 6 healthy D after Redmond's injury. 

Didn't say it had to make total sense and I would prefer to see Hudon with the Habs than another d-man. Sergachev only 'probably' will be sent down at 'some' point in time and 7 d is all you need to carry for now.

• dlbalr unpinned this topic