2016-17 NHL Season Thread

dlbalr

22 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Remember seeing stuff like this?

Weber is a beast, but for sheer entertainment, no one in the game (well, maybe Patrick Kane and Connor MacDavid) compare to PK. By all accounts he is rounding into form in Nashville and starting to dazzle the pants off the crowd. God love ya, PK.

1 hour ago, KoRP said:

As we plummet down the standings...

Careful, is a long jump down from bandwagon, don't want you to sprain an ankle or something. Oh well, at least you got a high draft pick to look forward to.

Can the kindly old coach adjust to losing wee Davey. Can the sharp dressing GM adjust the roster? We need a trade, we always did but now we are not dealing from strength. Clubs will be looking to fleece us. We are going to have to give up something we don't want to in order make a deal now.

5 hours ago, DON said:

Careful, is a long jump down from bandwagon, don't want you to sprain an ankle or something. Oh well, at least you got a high draft pick to look forward to.

I never get off the bandwagon Don, never... I don't think Lehkonen is the answer at C though...Maybe Pleks can turn his year around?

18 hours ago, KoRP said:

I never get off the bandwagon Don, never... I don't think Lehkonen is the answer at C though...Maybe Pleks can turn his year around?

Just joking of course, agree and hope so.

I figure a defenceman and a forward will both get called up before the weekend.  This is about 3 days off, and possibly switching Ghetto and Hudon.

McCarron stays up as he hasn't played this year and hasn't practiced much with the NHL club... so let him get some practices in before he plays friday likely. 

Guest Stogey24
11 hours ago, DON said:

Barberio & Andrighetto sent down to IceCaps...assume McCarron takes Andrighettos slot vs San Jose and they are happy with Redman;s play..

Redmond has done exactly what you want from a bottom pair guy. 

19 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Redmond has done exactly what you want from a bottom pair guy. 

Yup, I haven't noticed him an a bad way at all, have noticed he can skate and move the puck pretty well though.

You know who's a bunch of ing pussies!? The Rangers. We should just dummy these guys every time we play them. Zero nutsack. F'n zero.

I couldn't believe the hit on King Henrik tonight. And the Rags had nothing. What a ing disgrace.

On 15/12/2016 at 11:13 PM, zumpano21 said:

You know who's a bunch of ing pussies!? The Rangers. We should just dummy these guys every time we play them. Zero nutsack. F'n zero.

I couldn't believe the hit on King Henrik tonight. And the Rags had nothing. What a ing disgrace.

Kind of like what the Habs do when Price gets run? Or what the Habs did when Zednik got killed.

On 16/12/2016 at 8:14 AM, Stogey24 said:

You a rangers fan or?

Hahaha.

Live from the PNC Center in Carolina, it's time for a hotly contested matchup of...scoreboard person vs Solitaire?

There's a problem with the ice in Carolina that has delayed the game.  (If it doesn't start within the next hour, it's going to have to be rescheduled due to the little-known 22 hour rule.)  Other things that have been shown to pass the time is a video of a fireplace and the Toronto-Anaheim game.

Update: The issue isn't getting fixed quickly enough to get the game going by 9:30 so it has been postponed.

Happy for Jagr to become the second best season scorer in NHL history. It would be great to see him hit 2,000 but I don't think he'll play long enough to. Finishing this season with at 1,900 will probably be his target (13 more points should be doable) 

2 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Happy for Jagr to become the second best season scorer in NHL history. It would be great to see him hit 2,000 but I don't think he'll play long enough to. Finishing this season with at 1,900 will probably be his target (13 more points should be doable) 

76 more points to get more points than Gretzky has assists..... 

• dlbalr unpinned this topic