Oct. 15 - Habs vs Senators, 7 PM

dlbalr

my head gave into gravity when I saw that Desharnais was our 4th shooter matchup in response to Karlsson. He's not bad in the shootout but this wasn't the time. It was so obvious he was going to miss. 

Liked Radulov the most out of any of our players.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

my head gave into gravity when I saw that Desharnais was our 4th shooter matchup in response to Karlsson. He's not bad in the shootout but this wasn't the time. It was so obvious he was going to miss. 

I was really shocked he didn't pull through...just kidding,  no I wasn't. 

1 minute ago, Scott462 said:

DD forgot something back there..

At least we got a point and weathered a hardcore Sens team.

So true.  OTT was on fire tonight and dominated most of the puck battles and neutral zone.  Still, MTL came back and salvaged a point.  Montoya was stellar.  I still think this teams needs time to gel more; the chemistry will come after 10 or so games.  Looking forward to the home opener!

56 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

We won't win with Pleks and DD as our top centres. Habs 3031 used to love repeating that point.

And as much as we used to knock him the crotchety you know what was right. He wouldn't have as much fun these days now that the air is out of the balloon with this group. They really had their shot that year before Kreider bowled over Price.

1 minute ago, JGC21 said:

OTT was on fire tonight and dominated most of the puck battles and neutral zone.

This is what I find so damn frustrating.  Too many guys not looking like they are interested in working hard.  I was impressed with Radulov in this department tonight though...he gave his all in every puck battle along the boards.

6 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

A 4th line without a single physical player is ridiculous...MB and MT are nutcases.

The fourth line that scored a goal tonight, and didn't give up any is the problem??

Scored a goal and didn't give up one in the last game either.

I don't see the problem with the fourth line. 

4 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

This is what I find so damn frustrating.  Too many guys not looking like they are interested in working hard.  I was impressed with Radulov in this department tonight though...he gave his all in every puck battle along the boards.

It's like dlbalr said, MTL was playing too timid.  It's like they were scared to do anything with the puck.  And when they did try passing, it was off.  It's only the second game of the season so I'm not worried, plenty of time to get the kinks sorted out.

7 minutes ago, Commandant said:

The fourth line that scored a goal tonight, and didn't give up any is the problem??

Scored a goal and didn't give up one in the last game either.

I don't see the problem with the fourth line. 

Do you remember many Sens D-men getting pasted when going back to retrieve the puck?  I don't...and that's the problem.  Our 4th line players do a lot of things well...but it's what they don't do that has me concerned.  Don't get me wrong, our soft as mush captain didn't exactly roar into anyone on the forecheck either (big surprise), nor did others, but it's usually the 4th line that features a wrecking ball element.

8 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Good strong games by Markov, Petry, and Radulov. Nice to see the fourth line doing quality work as well. The rest of the team ranged from decent to meh .

Markov looked slow and old and out of position most of the night though...

our centers lost 37 and won 22 WTF, I think we did better last year. If you continuously lose control of the puck you are going to be in sad shape Markov to me looked slow, he got beat in his own end a couple of times. On that 1 power play in the first he looked good. But overall he was minus 2 no points. I think he will retire at the end of this year, or will be playing somewhere else. Radulov played his heart out as did Petry. Montoya made some awesome saves and I kinda felt he let us down in the shoot out.  The rest of the team Meh.

Oh well 2 road games 3 points pretty good really.

18 minutes ago, JGC21 said:

So true.  OTT was on fire tonight and dominated most of the puck battles and neutral zone.  Still, MTL came back and salvaged a point.  Montoya was stellar.  I still think this teams needs time to gel more; the chemistry will come after 10 or so games.  Looking forward to the home opener!

Indeed.

While I think Montaya played great and in no way was this game his fault I thought that first goal was a bit weak and a little unlucky and he was like a statue on the shootout like commandant said. Solid back up but he ain't Price.

While we are talking about our centres I thought Chucky looked pretty bad even worse that Plek did tonight. He is creative but he fudged up a lot of plays but I have no doubt he will get it together.

I'm loving Radulov though

I like the fourth line too. 

I guess I saw Markov making a number of plays, but my PVR cut out toward the very end, so I probably don't have the full picture.

Galchenyuk got better in the second half, but if that's our number one C, we're in trouble.

As disappointing as it is to blow the lead late, I can't be too upset with the final score.  For 40 minutes, they looked right out of it and at that point, I'd have been content with stealing a single point.  I liked the effort in the third which was a lot better and the OT wasn't bad aside from the fact that they dumped it in way too often.  They got away with it but the whole point of 3-on-3 is possession so dumping and changing isn't a great strategy.  Tough ending with Desharnais' whiff but they wound up with one more point than they probably deserved overall.

You would think that an NHL player could at least get a shot off on in shootout. At least miss the net, shoot it at his chest....anything but whatever that was. 

Note: The only part of the game I was able to see was the end of OT and the shootout. And I noticed DD out there in OT as well. I can see him becoming my whipping boy this year real quick