15-16 Leaders Montreal Ottawa

Game Notes

Goals Galchenyuk/Pacioretty (30) Hoffman (29) Puck Drop: 7:00 PM EST
Assists Plekanec (40) Karlsson (66) National TV: City, TVA Sports
Points Pacioretty (64) Karlsson (82) Regional TV: N/A
PIMS Emelin (71) Neil (165) English Radio: TSN 690
+/- Gallagher (+13) Pageau (+17) French Radio: FM 98.5

5 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Pateryn had a solid camp. I really want to see him do well. Works hard out there. 

Yeah Pateryn is a good solid defenceman. Not flashy but reliable. I really hope he has a bright future with us.

So, I finally get to watch a Habs' game (since Game One was, infuriatingly, blacked out nationally). I'm so f**king sick and tired of this Rogers bullsh*t. In any case, hopefully the Habs can pummel the Hens, who are one of the most irritating of the "rival" teams.

7 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

So, I finally get to watch a Habs' game (since Game One was, infuriatingly, blacked out nationally). I'm so f**king sick and tired of this Rogers bullsh*t. In any case, hopefully the Habs can pummel the Hens, who are one of the most irritating of the "rival" teams.

It wasn't blacked out nationally.  It was on Sportsnet 360 - there will be a bunch on Thursday games on there over the next few months.

12 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

It wasn't blacked out nationally.  It was on Sportsnet 360 - there will be a bunch on Thursday games on there over the next few months.

dlbalr, today's game isn't being televised out west is it, even on NHL centre ice?

Or will the broadcast on City channel not be blacked out? Would you know?

It will be national on City.  There are no regional games on City TV this year, actually...at least none scheduled as of yet.  The ones that would have been (Thursday conflicts with NFL on SNET) are now national games on SN 360.

I guess I don't have SN360. But thanks for the heads-up.

My complaint here is twofold. One, living out west I can only get 44 Habs games unless I pony up for the Centre Ice package rip-off. Two, I need some sort of computer program for keeping track of all the different broadcast streams (sometimes it's on 360, sometimes it's national, sometimes it's this, sometimes it's that). Only the fact that I suffer from eyestrain and don't like watching videos off a computer screen prevents me from circumventing all this crap and just watching illegal feeds.

Under the old model, I paid to get RDS and had access to all 82 games. I guess that was too simple for these crooks, who couldn't give a damn about the consumer.

5 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I guess I don't have SN360. But thanks for the heads-up.

My complaint here is twofold. One, living out west I can only get 44 Habs games unless I pony up for the Centre Ice package rip-off. Two, I need some sort of computer program for keeping track of all the different broadcast streams (sometimes it's on 360, sometimes it's national, sometimes it's this, sometimes it's that). Only the fact that I suffer from eyestrain and don't like watching videos off a computer screen prevents me from circumventing all this crap and just watching illegal feeds.

Under the old model, I paid to get RDS and had access to all 82 games. I guess that was too simple for these crooks, who couldn't give a damn about the consumer.

Believe me, I know your pain.  I'm in the exact same boat as you as I'm not in the broadcast region either.  (Given that I'm a writer here though, I have to bite the bullet and pay the $200+ for Centre Ice and unfortunately, my carrier doesn't offer the Habs french only CI package).

As for the blame game, send some to Molson.  He chose to keep most of the games on RDS instead of on the channel with national rights.  And the RDS deal was signed for the same length as the national one which means this isn't changing any time soon.

(It may be even worse next year as with Sportsnet bleeding money on the NHL package and the English regional rights not really being a big draw, I fear that Sportsnet will drop the English regional rights - the contract is up this year - making it that non-national games will only be available via Centre Ice with the opponents feed.)

One thing I find interesting about the people on these boards is the majority live outside Quebec...  Thnaks for supporting the Habs out of province!

I'm a Montrealer through and through and even I don't pony up for Rogers sports' channels (including French TVA).  I'm fine with basic cable which includes CBC, City and RDS - where I can usually watch most of the Habs' games.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Aaron Stamboulieh said:

If Sergachev sits tonight, does that count as one of the 9 games? Does that refer to 9 games played on the ice, or 9 games on the roster?

It won't count against the 9 as that one is games played.  It does, however, count against the 39 (40) game threshold towards accruing a season towards UFA eligibility.

Just now, dlbalr said:

It won't count against the 9 as that one is games played.  It does, however, count against the 39 (40) game threshold towards accruing a season towards UFA eligibility.

Awesome thanks. I love the quick replies on this board! Wish I had found it years ago...

1 minute ago, Aaron Stamboulieh said:

Awesome thanks. I love the quick replies on this board! Wish I had found it years ago...

We're glad to have you here.  Quick answers/replies aren't always the norm though (but it's nice when it works out that way).

14 minutes ago, Aaron Stamboulieh said:

If Sergachev sits tonight, does that count as one of the 9 games? Does that refer to 9 games played on the ice, or 9 games on the roster?

It does not count towards the 9 games to use up a year on the ELC.

It does count towards the 39 games for a year towards free agency.

Just purchased NHLtv and am excited to finally see the Habs play tonight. I caught maybe one period of preseason and missed the opener. 

GHG! I hate the Sens.  

14 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Just purchased NHLtv and am excited to finally see the Habs play tonight. I caught maybe one period of preseason and missed the opener. 

GHG! I hate the Sens.  

Cant say I hate them, I save all that for that other Ontario team.

Hope Radulov and Lehkonen can bury a puck or two and Anderson dosent stand on his head again.

With the exception of that one powerplay, the Habs have been GARBAGE in this game.  Terrible passing, soft fumbling defense, and getting outworked/outskated more often than not.  Markov looks like a pylon out there, and Weber is not impressing me at all so far.