Oct. 16, IceCaps vs Bruins, 3 PM

dlbalr

The IceCaps (0-2-0) will look to salvage something out of a tough weekend as they take on Providence (0-2-0) to close out this 3-in-3 stretch.  Looking at what the Bruins have in their bottom six, there may be some rough stuff in this one.

15stj_500.gif

Hudon - McCarron - Terry

Matteau - de la Rose - Friberg

Eisenschmid - Audette - Scherbak

Farnham - MacMillan - Gregoire

Barberio - Johnston

Hanley - Lernout

Racine - Samuelsson

Fucale 

14pro_500.gif

(Line combos are based on +/- data/guesses.)

DeBrusk - Mueller - Simpson

Bildh - Kuraly - Hickman

Hargrove - Cave- Randell

Rinaldo - Bakker - Szwarz

Grant - Grzelcyk

Bartkowski - Arnesson

Cross - Casto

McIntyre

Puck drop is at 3:05 PM EST, AM 930 has the call.

Seems couple changes listed;  Crisp/Andrighetto are in and McMillan/Eisensmide out and Didier/Parisi in and Samullsen/Racine sit.

Top six looks good and I would guess Crisp's grit will come into play and hope he just dosent take any foolish penalties.

View image on Twitter

Will Matteau do anything in his IceCap debut...or show he isn't even quick enough to play AHL?

Chris Terry seems to be starting out very well.

Good god, down 1-0 2;30 into 1st period!

Farnham run from behind by Shane Baker and a PP upcoming.

Baker takes a slashing as soon as back on ice, IceCaps get 0 shots on either PP.

But hanging on 1-0 near end of 1st

Have they mentioned anything about why Samuelsson is out?  It is completely insane that they would bench their second best defenceman in back to back games.

2-1 Providence after 2, Friberg with the goal for St. John's.

Sounded like McCarron was goaded into fighting during the game, but didn't take the bait and again after 3rd ended he was chased down again to fight and that's when head butt happened. 

Guest Stogey24

I think this is part of the reason they gooned up this team little bit 

McCarron has surley been told to keep his gloves on. 

1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

He fought in the last game as well. Wonder what a head butt will get him for a suspension?

Very disappointing the lack of offense from the top six in this game.

1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

If they wanted to add a fighter to stop McCarron from fighting as much, that's fine (although I think he only had 5 or 6 last year).  Farnham can fill that role.  It's the further additions of Broll, Racine, and Coderre-Gagnon that seem excessive.  I get Racine's addition to give them some more experience on defence which was an area of need but the other two could easily be nicknamed useless and more useless (even in Brampton, Coderre-Gagnon will be useless). 

This is a team that struggled to score last season.  Their solution was to sign a bunch of fighters.  That's dumb on a good day but at the time where fighting is expected to take a big drop, it seems really, really dumb and completely unnecessary now.

3 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

He's fought twice in three games.  If he's being told to keep his gloves on, thats a funny way of showing it. 

Guest Stogey24
1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

If they wanted to add a fighter to stop McCarron from fighting as much, that's fine (although I think he only had 5 or 6 last year).  Farnham can fill that role.  It's the further additions of Broll, Racine, and Coderre-Gagnon that seem excessive.  I get Racine's addition to give them some more experience on defence which was an area of need but the other two could easily be nicknamed useless and more useless (even in Brampton, Coderre-Gagnon will be useless). 

This is a team that struggled to score last season.  Their solution was to sign a bunch of fighters.  That's dumb on a good day but at the time where fighting is expected to take a big drop, it seems really, really dumb and completely unnecessary now.

Ya, Bergevin hasn't seem to have taken that big of interest in the farm system since joining the organization. 

6 hours ago, Commandant said:

He's fought twice in three games.  If he's being told to keep his gloves on, thats a funny way of showing it. 

At least in this game, he held off, when numbnuts was asking him to go earlier in the game and then the same guy, Hickman, finally got him to go after game was over, so he may have a target on his back being a big 1st round pick, until he proves himself?  

recap/highlights

http://www.stjohnsicecaps.com/article/icecaps-shaded-by-bruins-2-1/

McCarron has 2 fights in 3 games; oh and a head butting penalty.

This is after Bergevin went out and acquired fighters in Broll, Racine, Farnham, and Coderre-Gagnon in this off-season.

They acquired 4 goons for the AHL... and they also still have Crisp left over from last year to give them five AHL goons, and McCarron has fought twice in three games. Five guys who should be fighting long before the guy they are using as first line centre and trying to develop his offense.  

What is Lefebvre doing down there?

Its ****ING MIND BOGGLING.  There is an overabundance of goons on the squad and one of maybe half-dozen (and I'm being generous), but the half-dozen players there who MAYBE have NHL futures... thats the kid who is fighting?  WHY

6 hours ago, KoRP said:

Why? Sly is a buffoon, the end.

Is he, or is he simply following Mgmt's direction with the roster he is being given?

I get the feeling he really does have his hands tied somewhat, but of course dlbalr will correctly point out the usage of certain players is questionable for sure.