Home Opener - Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Montreal Canadiens | October 18th, 2016 | 7:30 EST

Habsfan84

5 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Ya, I'd assume it's something to do with faceoffs. 

Chucky needs to get his shit together in the dot. 

heard on TSN690 that Chucky is usually one of the last guys off the ice at practice and today he was actually working on his faceoffs!!

3 minutes ago, Commandant said:

He needs to go back to junior. 

yeah, give him 8 games then send him to juniors where he can dominate for a year and maybe win a memorial Cup.

57 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Big cheer for Muller, mostly boos for Therrien during the introductions; fans will be pushing for a coup at the first sign of a slump.

I heard a few boos but there were a lot of cheers for Therrien too.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

That was a pretty shitty opening ceremony as compared to previous years. 

Ya... primitive.. and then they all got electrocuted... no smoke from the players.. good sign medically.. :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I heard a few boos but there were a lot of cheers for Therrien too.

No place for booing. Fortunately I'm not smart enough to know what people..especially coaches.. should be doing at any given time... I mean.. after showing up at game time...and such of course.. 

I thought it was a pretty good period. Love Radulov.. and Montoya!   Arribba!! 

How come Montoya was available from Florida?

My name is Diego Montoya.. You killed my father.... PREPARE TO DIE!! (Princess Bride..) :blink:

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Toronthab said:

How come Montoya was available from Florida?

My name is Diego Montoya.. You killed my father.... PREPARE TO DIE!! (Princess Bride..) :blink:

Yeah I can't figure that out either. Especially when they think they upgraded their backup by paying Reimer a lot more money!  Rookie GM mistake.

2 minutes ago, Habsfan84 said:

Scores!!!!! but uh oh Desharnais from Pacioretty. Hopefully that doesn't become the combination again. Nice pass by Patches though.

Was mid line change... the very next shift was Patch - Chuck - Gally.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Commandant said:

Was mid line change... the very next shift was Patch - Chuck - Gally.

Ya i know that. More of a sarcastic comment due to everyone's complaint back when they played together

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I haven't minded the pace of the game when they're actually playing but boy, have there been a ton of stoppages which has really dragged this out.

Whoo... that's a lot. Thanks

Pacioretty has a lot more giddy up in his game tonight.  That top line in general looks a whole lot more alert so far.  They're really trying to keep Galchenyuk away from the faceoff dot - five Habs have taken more faceoffs than he has (and Galchenyuk is 2nd to only Pacioretty - by one second - in ice time up front so it's not like they're cutting his ice time to have someone else take them).

Speaking of ice time, Sergachev is at 7:08 through 2 periods.  If they're only confident enough to play him 10-12 minutes a night, they can't keep him up for long.

I need Lehkonen to do something in the third period. That is all.

:1gohabs:  :habslogo:

2 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I need Lehkonen to do something in the third period. That is all.

:1gohabs::habslogo:

I just finished a 12 team pick 1 player from each team, points only pool. Montreal was my very last team I picked (Habs were going earlier than I expected). I had it narrowed down to Beaulieu, Lekonen and Petry, and I chose Beaulieu. I hope that doesn't come back to bite me