Home Opener - Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Montreal Canadiens | October 18th, 2016 | 7:30 EST

Habsfan84

5 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Not sure playing 8 minutes a night is going to benefit this kid. 

It also won't benefit the rest of the defence who all have to average 22+ minutes to make up the difference.  If the plan is to cut Markov's minutes this year, playing Sergachev goes directly against that goal right now.

OK my take on last night, the introduction of the players was terrible, the worst I have ever seen. They adopt that nonsense from the Senators?  As to the game, very good game by the guys. Radulov hard working all the time. Montoya fabulous, but he is probably hoping Price comes back, he can't keep this up. Did Danial Carr play last night? Sergachev is close but not there yet, send him down. Lehkonen looking good. The defence was pretty good, the p/P is showing signs of being very dangerous. Great kills by the P/K. Beaulieu has come into own and will only get better. Never noticed Shaw but maybe that is a good thing. Some bad penalties but that happens. All in all a very good night by Les Habitants.

1 hour ago, Scott462 said:

I think a reason for that yesterday was because of how many penalties there were.

Even after the penalties, he only played two shifts in the 3rd period - with a 3-goal lead at a minimum at that time.

12 minutes ago, habs rule said:

Did Danial Carr play last night?

No, he was scratched for Flynn.

Desharnais shooting % is pretty good so far.

Why does he seem more productive with 11 or 12 minutes of icetime? Simply because the lines he matches up with are weaker?

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Even after the penalties, he only played two shifts in the 3rd period - with a 3-goal lead at a minimum at that time.

I remember him having a terrible gaff after he got a pass from his partner. He stood there and didn't know what to do and passed it back only to miss and send it to a Pens player which created a dangerous scoring chance. Didn't see him much after that.

Maybe they just wanted to be a little more defensively sound for Montayas shutout

It seemed to me that Pateryn was moving the puck pretty well, he looked a lot more confident and steady in his own zone at least, than Sergachev did to me...

Really diggin' Emelin's game so far this year too.