Home Opener - Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Montreal Canadiens | October 18th, 2016 | 7:30 EST

Habsfan84

Beauty goal. Glad that it counted. Guess they figured Gallagher was pushed in enough to negate the goalie interference. Really happy for Radulov to score his first goal in the home opener no less. 

Patches is back on the bench. Even better

Guest Stogey24
13 minutes ago, Commandant said:

That injury to Pacioretty does not look good.   Non contact injury which is never a good sign. 

Calf spasm probably 

Where is is Sergachev 

It's not so much that Gallagher was directly pushed into the net, as the defenseman prevented him from avoiding the goaltender. Gallagher was headed that way, but couldn't turn to his left to dodge Fleury (not that gallagher was likely to do so anyway.)

1 minute ago, Jeff Price (no relation) said:

Hahaha...

2 minutes ago, Jeff Price (no relation) said:

Hahaha...

They've held him to two and now we're stuck with the dreaded 4-0 lead... gheeeesh... :huh:

6 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

Glad Patches is ok.

Really liking Montaya tonight. Solid back up

What a difference a solid back up makes. It will go a long way in the standings at the end of the season

2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Desharnais sucks. Bench him. 

He got 2 tap in goals from beauty passes, wouldn't bench him just yet

• Upvote 1

Now that I have a commercial break to reply in...

Desharnais is a somewhat shitty first line centre.

He's the best third line centre in the NHL, bar none.

This is what the haters don't get -- he's getting paid like a third line centre. Every year he's putting up great numbers for a second line centre. It's never been his fault that they didn't have someone better for the role he was thrust in. Desharnais, at 3.5 million, is a STEAL...he'd easily make the second or third line on any team in the NHL. I've always loved him. I just don't like that he saw so much first line duty. (And he's still seeing powerplay time, where he's utterly ineffectual.)

1 minute ago, illWill said:

What a difference a solid back up makes. It will go a long way in the standings at the end of the season

He got 2 tap in goals from beauty passes, wouldn't bench him just yet

I remember Condon working fine for using 2 or 3 times but after that Condon is less safe and starts to have holes in it/him...

Guest Stogey24

Ya, those 29pts last year, were that of a second line centre. 

Best third line centre in the game. Ok bud

6 minutes ago, Jeff Price (no relation) said:

Now that I have a commercial break to reply in...

Desharnais is a somewhat shitty first line centre.

He's the best third line centre in the NHL, bar none.

This is what the haters don't get -- he's getting paid like a third line centre. Every year he's putting up great numbers for a second line centre. It's never been his fault that they didn't have someone better for the role he was thrust in. Desharnais, at 3.5 million, is a STEAL...he'd easily make the second or third line on any team in the NHL. I've always loved him. I just don't like that he saw so much first line duty.

Last year was an anomoly (wherein the entire team sucked). Desharnais is a consistent 45-55 point guy.

2011 - 22 points in 43 games

2012 - 60 points in 81 games

2013 - 28 points in 48 games

2014 - 53 points in 79 games

2015 - 48 points in 82 games

2016 - 29 points in 65 games

2017 in progress - 3 points in 3 games

Career: 243 points in 402 games, or 0.604 ppg -- or 50 points per 82 game season.

2 minutes ago, Dalhabs said:

I remember Condon working fine for using 2 or 3 times but after that Condon is less safe and starts to have holes in it/him...

The difference between Condon and Montoya is experience. Condon was basically a raw rookie thrown into the fire while Montoya is more mature and has plenty of games in the league. 

Guest Stogey24
Just now, Trizzak said:

I know it's Carey Price, but Montoya has helped the team get 5 out of 6 points so far... do you pull a winning goalie?

He's been awesome man. Really impressed. Plays the puck so well. Something Condon couldn't do. 

Tough decision... Gotta think you ride the hot goalie, no?