Philadelphia Flyers vs. Montreal Canadiens | October 24th, 2016 | 7:30 EST

Habsfan84

No lineup changes for the Habs tonight but they are making a chance on the power play.  Radulov moves to the point alongside Weber on PP1 while Lehkonen now slots in with Shaw and Desharnais/Plekanec (they seem to be rotating those two at centre) on the second unit.

1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

Be nice to see Plekanec do more out there. Or anything at all

Hoe did Malkin, Bergeron, Marchand do vs Plekanec? And he is only on pace for 50pts, so seems maybe just trying to find something/anything to complain about? You could complain his faceoffs suck, but he has never been very good and as old as he is, I doubt he will ever become proficient in that.

But, as Bob Mackenzie noted today, should simply ignore the first two weeks of season, as isn't often indicative of how season or players pan out.

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

No lineup changes for the Habs tonight but they are making a chance on the power play.  Radulov moves to the point alongside Weber on PP1 while Lehkonen now slots in with Shaw and Desharnais/Plekanec (they seem to be rotating those two at centre) on the second unit.

who is on the point with the 2nd unit? markov and Beau?

I said I hate the Sens earlier this season and let's just say I don't like the Flyers either. They seem to always play us well regardless of standing. Similar to the Leafs other than the fact that the Flyers have sometimes had the better squad.

Hope we continue rolling tonight though, that would be nice. 

:1gohabs: 

I tried to convince myself earlier to call a Philly win, simply because Habs are due to flop. But game isn't in Philly and just think will win again.:1gohabs:

16 minutes ago, illWill said:

I didn't realize how much I missed hockey until I found out the Habs were playing tonight and I instantly cancelled movie night plans with the wife 

You should just print off the Habs' schedule for her, and tell her to plan accordingly.

3 hours ago, DON said:

Hoe did Malkin, Bergeron, Marchand do vs Plekanec? And he is only on pace for 50pts, so seems maybe just trying to find something/anything to complain about? You could complain his faceoffs suck, but he has never been very good and as old as he is, I doubt he will ever become proficient in that.

But, as Bob Mackenzie noted today, should simply ignore the first two weeks of season, as isn't often indicative of how season or players pan out.

Poor Pleks.. wonderful hab. Underappreciated. Go Pleks!!

What in gods name is Therrien doing breaking up the defense pairings when this team has yet to lose in regulation. Beaulieu, aside from his blunder against pheonix, has played pretty well. 

So how did they look in the first period? I missed it cause the NHL app for game-center is down and is not allowing me to stream to my chomecast. So frustrating. Always problems with that app. 

There must be more to the Beaulieu demotion. I don't think his play has warranted it so maybe something off ice? 

2 minutes ago, Habsfan84 said:

So how did they look in the first period? I missed it cause the NHL app for game-center is down and is not allowing me to stream to my chomecast. So frustrating. Always problems with that app. 

There must be more to the Beaulieu demotion. I don't think his play has warranted it so maybe something off ice? 

It wasn't a particularly pretty period for either side, kind of choppy really.

As for Beaulieu, he had the rough second half against Arizona last week and got beat a couple of times against Boston.  The leash has typically been pretty short with him.

4 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

It wasn't a particularly pretty period for either side, kind of choppy really.

As for Beaulieu, he had the rough second half against Arizona last week and got beat a couple of times against Boston.  The leash has typically been pretty short with him.

Very unfortunate that it is with him. You would think that now is the time to let the leash out a bit seeing that Weber is available to mentor him. If I'm thinking of Beaulieu's development strictly those two are tied to the hip. Not pairing Weber with someone who the Habs have been trying to unload in the past even though he's had a good start to the year.