Weber/Subban trade Sulking Thread

C-Love

33 minutes ago, DON said:

Even now? He is only friggin 39, what do you expect, him to have gained a step and he is still #1 d-man on Boston (which happily is not saying much I know but), paired with another rookie and he/Carlo both are +5 with rest all being -. 

He's also 6'9" so he's a huge outlier here.

Comparing all the 6'3, 6'4" defencemen with him isn't exactly the same thing.

The problem with playing the physical game is that your body eventually breaks down.  Chara's body isn't like the rest, he's so much bigger and stronger than anyone who has ever been a high quality NHLer. 

2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

He's also 6'9" so he's a huge outlier here.

Comparing all the 6'3, 6'4" defencemen with him isn't exactly the same thing.

The problem with playing the physical game is that your body eventually breaks down.  Chara's body isn't like the rest, he's so much bigger and stronger than anyone who has ever been a high quality NHLer. 

I didn't pick him as a comparison, someone else did.  I would go with Rob Blake.

I can't help but love how Nashville is at the bottom of the standings and Montreal is at the top. 

We have talked about this trade from a Habs perspective, but the Preds are stinking up the joint. Arguing one way or another that a Player A is better than Player B is one thing, but how those players fit on their teams is a whole other topic. It will likely take them time to adjust to the huge contrast in play between the two players but I can't help but wonder if they took Weber for granted and are regretting it at the moment. Although the on ice results are separate from the off ice results, which I think they are happy with, as PK has predictably become their entertainment ambassador bringing new fans in

2 minutes ago, illWill said:

I can't help but love how Nashville is at the bottom of the standings and Montreal is at the top. 

We have talked about this trade from a Habs perspective, but the Preds are stinking up the joint. Arguing one way or another that a Player A is better than Player B is one thing, but how those players fit on their teams is a whole other topic. It will likely take them time to adjust to the huge contrast in play between the two players but I can't help but wonder if they took Weber for granted and are regretting it at the moment. Although the on ice results are separate from the off ice results, which I think they are happy with, as PK has predictably become their entertainment ambassador bringing new fans in

Even though it is still just the beginning of the season, I claimed that moving Weber and adding in Subban might of been a mistake. They already have players in the PK mold in Josi, Ellis and Ekholm. By taking out Weber they removed that steady physical element. 

Subban hasn't even played bad really it's just the team make-up looks disconfigured. 

Fisher Nashvilles captain has just come out and said that the team is lacking physicality and are too easy to play against.

9 hours ago, illWill said:

Rinne is really struggling. He hasn't been good for a couple of seasons now.

I agree with Scott that they lost a lot of their balance by trading Weber. They're too soft.

• Upvote 1

Sob. I miss PK

Now ask me if I would trade to get him back. 

I hate being me. 

Ol buddy Shea has been just wonderful. 

Sob. 

I'm such a slut. :(

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

Rinne is really struggling. He hasn't been good for a couple of seasons now.

I agree with Scott that they lost a lot of their balance by trading Weber. They're too soft.

We've definitely seen him in front of good goalies and in front of bad goalies and have seen the results.....so I guess time will tell how good he is without playing in front of a Carey Price in his prime...

I used to hear "They're too soft"...but I haven't heard that in a little while 

• Upvote 1

I too take satisfaction in seeing Weber shine early and PK falter.  I agree it's early but I believe this is what we're going to see.  I love the make up of this team, I loved PK when we had him, but I like Shea even more as a fit for the club.  Feels like we are maybe one piece away....

My son's favorite player is/was Subban. We got a call from our hockey association asking if he'd like to skate at intermission in an Avalanche game coming up. We said yes. Lo and behold, it's against Nashville. Having to wear his hockey gear to the game nixes any debate as to whether or not he would have worn his Subban jersey.

27 minutes ago, huzer said:

My son's favorite player is/was Subban. We got a call from our hockey association asking if he'd like to skate at intermission in an Avalanche game coming up. We said yes. Lo and behold, it's against Nashville. Having to wear his hockey gear to the game nixes any debate as to whether or not he would have worn his Subban jersey.

Thats awesome! Hopefully they get to cross paths..

1 hour ago, huzer said:

That is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! I hope ya'll have a great time at the phone booth :)