Montreal Canadiens vs. New York Islanders | October 26th, 2016 | 7:00 EST

Habsfan84

3 hours ago, Meller93 said:

You're putting up Brian-quality GDTs 84, good work! How'd you get the template?

Haha thanks much appreciated. Brian still has me beat by a mile though as he writes his game threads in HTML code and has a bit more info. Mine are much more low tech. The template for these GDT's I just created in MS Publisher where I make the changes and whatnot, then save it as an image, and then upload to an image hosting website.

1 minute ago, Habsfan84 said:

Haha thanks much appreciated. Brian still has me beat by a mile though as he writes his game threads in HTML code and has a bit more info. Mine are much more low tech. The template for these GDT's I just created in MS Publisher where I make the changes and whatnot, then save it as an image, and then upload to an image hosting website.

Who cares ?  It's slick as fawk !

Not the best of the periods from the Habs although they carried the play for a few minutes in the early going.  Galchenyuk is going to have to start winning faceoffs soon though, 0/3 so far tonight, all in the defensive zone.  That will prove costly at some point.

15 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

By the way, the backup goalie for the Isles tonight is J-F Berube.  Halak is a healthy scratch.  They're into year #2 of carrying three goalies, it'll be interesting to see how much longer they do this.

Is there any reason behind this strategy? The got Berube on waivers originally so they can't really fear losing him since he's not that highly touted. Maybe cause they want to give Halak rest throughout the season cause of his injury history?

Paul Byron gets his second of the season to put the Habs up 1-0!

35 minutes ago, Habsfan84 said:

Is there any reason behind this strategy? The got Berube on waivers originally so they can't really fear losing him since he's not that highly touted. Maybe cause they want to give Halak rest throughout the season cause of his injury history?

I think at this point they envision him as the backup of the future (Greiss is a UFA at the end of the year).  I'm not particularly certain about him myself but they seem to think he's a key player.

31 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Glad to see top line shake up.

Plekanec doesn't have the touch. why he didn't one time that

I'm really quite surprised with shaking up the top line.  They were playing fine.  Putting Byron on the #1 line is rarely an ideal fix.  If anything, I thought Shaw might have moved with Galchenyuk to give him a winger that has played a bit of centre and could potentially have helped on the faceoffs.

As for Plekanec on that play, I thought watching live that it was in his skates just a little bit but enough that he had to reset before shooting.

That wound up being a pretty entertaining game, something I certainly wasn't expecting after the snooze fest that was the first period.  I'm happy for Danault too, he's off to a nice start this season and has a couple of important goals now to show for it.  Montoya was steady again as well.