Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Montreal Canadiens | October 29th, 2016 | 7:00 EST

Habsfan84

12 hours ago, habs rule said:

Chase em back to Trawna with their puny tails between their legs.

:1gohabs::hyper::gohabsgo:

Just hope they dont underestimated them or play down to their level. Maybe be a good game for Sergachev to play? Although I wouldn't want to scratch any of current six.:wavetowel:

Interesting to see how these new lines do in a full game together. 

Radulov - Galchenyuk - Gallagher - Radulov and Galchenyuk are extremely creative and should put together some nice plays. You also have the determination of Gallagher to go to the net and finish off some of those plays.
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Shaw - Pacioretty is back with his boy. Still would like to see Desharnais on the third line but guess they needed to shake things up a bit to get Pacioretty going. It's worked in the past. We'll see how Shaw does with a little bit more talent to play with. 
Lehkonen - Plekanec - Byron - Plekanec's just needs a little puck luck to go his way and he'll be back on track. Unfortunate for Lehkonen to drop down a line but he's been a bit quieter since the start of the season. Still young and learning the game. 
Danault - Mitchell - Flynn - Been a great 4th line so far this season so no need to change a thing. 

Anyways Go Habs Go. Excited for this game tonight. 

5 hours ago, DON said:

Just hope they dont underestimated them or play down to their level. Maybe be a good game for Sergachev to play? Although I wouldn't want to scratch any of current six.:wavetowel:

Offensively, we won't be "playing down" to the Leafs. They're scoring up a storm.

It's defensively they're suffering. Much of that is in net. I don't think it's possible for Carey Price to play down to that level. However, it's entirely possible for Andersson to play up to ours once in a while.

2 hours ago, zumpano21 said:

Prediction:

The Habs will outclass the competition and take tonight's game as the superior team.

CBC will talk nothing but Leafs all night.

Wrong. They will talk about Carey Price briefly, but clumsily segue into the Leafs goaltending situation.

I think the thing that bugs me most about the Rogers TV deal is not that I miss 38 games or whatever it is...annoying as that may be. It's that I can no longer get the RDS feed and so am forced to listen to Bob Cole and whatever other asinine broadcasters the Gods of Toronto deign to force upon me. UGH.

13 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I think the thing that bugs me most about the Rogers TV deal is not that I miss 38 games or whatever it is...annoying as that may be. It's that I can no longer get the RDS feed as so am forced to listen to Bob Cole and whatever other asinine broadcasters the Gods of Toronto deign to force upon me. UGH.

If you really wanted to get away from the Sportsnet crew (I imagine it'll be Hughson tonight), the Saturday games in French on TVA Sports are national broadcasts.  (Of course, that's a separate subscription but the option is there.)

26 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

If you really wanted to get away from the Sportsnet crew (I imagine it'll be Hughson tonight), the Saturday games in French on TVA Sports are national broadcasts.  (Of course, that's a separate subscription but the option is there.)

Thanks as always, Brian, but my f**king cable provider does not carry TVA Sports. I already looked into it. Image result for captain haddock enraged

Meanwhile, moRon Maclean basically leads off this ridiculous "Hallowe'en" broadcast (they do know it's not Oct. 31, right?) by blabbing about 1967 and basically wishing the "curse" would lift. GEE ISN'T TORONO AWESOME and oh, yeah, Habs have the league's best record but ISN'T TORONTO AWESOME???

UGH, again.

7 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Their #1 C is better than ours.

The rest of the roster is garbage by comparison.

JVR is Pacioretty lite. 

Nylander and Marner will be/are amazing. Just unpolished. 

The rest? Habs are a clear win. 

Would love to have that young trio though.

1 minute ago, Meller93 said:

JVR is Pacioretty lite. 

Nylander and Marner will be/are amazing. Just unpolished. 

The rest? Habs are a clear win. 

Would love to have that young trio though.

No question. Nylander has been phenomenal this period.

Leafs took the game to the home team in the 1st. Therrien and Muller need to make some adjustments.

Leafs 0, Price 0.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Thanks as always, Brian, but my f**king cable provider does not carry TVA Sports. I already looked into it.

From what I've heard about the broadcasts, they're terrible compared to RDS so you're probably not missing much.

4 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

From what I've heard about the broadcasts, they're terrible compared to RDS so you're probably not missing much.

It's slightly amazing how hockey broadcasting seems to be the inverse of meritocracy.

EDIT: Petry talks about how the Habs can't afford to get in a 'run and gun' game against a team as fast as the Leafs. Sigh...Therrien must be having an orgasm watching that :huh:

Just now, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

It's slightly amazing how hockey broadcasting seems to be the inverse of meritocracy.

It's not really that surprising though.  Sportsnet and TVA basically have the leftovers from the better networks.  For example, TVA's play-by-play guy was RDS' #2 or #3 option, the colour commentator was on their Ottawa broadcasts, and Michel Bergeron, who hasn't had all that much relevant to say in two decades, is one of their lead analysts.

11 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

It's not really that surprising though.  Sportsnet and TVA basically have the leftovers from the better networks.  For example, TVA's play-by-play guy was RDS' #2 or #3 option, the colour commentator was on their Ottawa broadcasts, and Michel Bergeron, who hasn't had all that much relevant to say in two decades, is one of their lead analysts.

:lol: Sweet Mother of God, that is absurd

I've got major Nylander envy. That kid is terrific.

EDIT: BOOOM!! Fantastic play by Rad-u and deadly finish by Galchenyuk.