Nov. 1/2, Comets vs IceCaps, 6 PM

dlbalr

The home stand continues for the IceCaps (3-4-1) as they host the Comets (2-5-0) who currently hold the lowest points percentage in the AHL.  The Habs are likely to call up at least one player prior to puck drop (I'm guessing Barberio so I've pulled him from the projected lineup).

14uti_500.gif 

(Based on previous game's +/- data)

Carcone - Chaput - Hamilton

Bancks - Valk - Grenier

Laplante - Kunyk - Archibald

Hulak - DeSimone - Rendulic

Negrin - Subban

Billins - Shields

Sautner - McEneny

Demko

15stj_500.gif

Andrighetto - Terry - Carr

Hudon - McCarron - Scherbak

Matteau - Audette - Farnham
Broll - MacMillan - Gregoire

Samuelsson - Lernout
Hanley - Johnston
Parisi - Racine

Lindgren

Puck drop is at 6:00 PM EST for both games, AM 930 has the call.

24 minutes ago, DON said:

Who will get the call up after the game? Carr or Andrighetto and Barberio or Samuelsson?

I wouldn't be surprised if they're announced before the game (they do have to get to Montreal for tomorrow).  I imagine Barberio gets the nod although from an asset management perspective, I'd rather Hanley who's waiver exempt (but really not much of a prospect) come up instead of kicking off the re-waiver clock on Barberio.  I don't see much point in bringing Andrighetto back to be a healthy scratch either.  I think Carr ultimately gets recalled although I could see them waiting until after tomorrow's game to announce that one.

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

I imagine Barberio gets the nod although from an asset management perspective, I'd rather Hanley who's waiver exempt (but really not much of a prospect) come up instead of kicking off the re-waiver clock on Barberio.

The "re-waiver clock" your referring to is the 30 days on an NHL roster after clearing right? Ya it's an interesting decision on who they decide to bring up. From the Habs perspective it almost has to be Barberio since he is most adequate at filling in on an NHL roster. With Redmond being out for still quite a few more weeks they need a capable 7th defenceman. I personally want it to be Hanley as well but I just see it being Barberio based on Montreal's needs. 

1 minute ago, Habsfan84 said:

The "re-waiver clock" your referring to is the 30 days on an NHL roster after clearing right? Ya it's an interesting decision on who they decide to bring up. From the Habs perspective it almost has to be Barberio since he is most adequate at filling in on an NHL roster. With Redmond being out for still quite a few more weeks they need a capable 7th defenceman. I personally want it to be Hanley as well but I just see it being Barberio based on Montreal's needs. 

Correct.  If they're going to keep playing Pateryn, they don't really necessarily need someone capable of playing big minutes though, they just need someone cheap to sit.  Samuelsson would make a bit of sense as well as Hanley and the re-waiver clock isn't as big of a concern.  I'd prefer to keep Barberio as the emergency recall option but I think it will be him who gets the call.

3-3 now as we approach the final minutes of the 3rd period.

Why not a draw in NFLD? Are they pissed they are leaving next year, or something else?

Anyways, Andrighetto-Hudon-Scherbak-Barberio all doing well. But seems McCarron has had 4a quiet assists in his 6gms, I thought he would be a bit quicker and be getting to the net and scoring...but has only been 6gms fro him I suppose.

player stats;

http://www.stjohnsicecaps.com/team/player-stats/

1 minute ago, DON said:

Why not a draw in NFLD? Are they pissed they are leaving next year, or something else?

I think the guarantee that they won't be back certainly doesn't help things.  Apparently the actual attendance was much lower than the stated one (tickets sold) tonight as well.

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I think the guarantee that they won't be back certainly doesn't help things.  Apparently the actual attendance was much lower than the stated one (tickets sold) tonight as well.

McDavid v Matthews game have a big impact possibly?

Some nice highlights, Scherbak had two nice shots and Carr also sniped a nice one and got robbed on one by Demko. And Barberio winner was nice finish.

http://www.stjohnsicecaps.com/article/recap-icecaps-clip-comets-in-ot/

(I linked in another thread, but likely should be here.)

3 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

McCarron with farnham. Glad he's playing with quality players down there 

Long live Lefebvre...  In all seriousness, he's off to a bit of a tough start so it's not that shocking he has been dropped down a spot.  Why it's to play Audette higher, I have no idea though.