Team Leaders Montreal Chicago

Game Notes

Goals Galchenyuk/Weber (6) Anisimov/Hossa (8) Puck Drop: 7:00 PM EST
Assists Galchenyuk/Radulov (10) Kane/Keith (12) National TV: SN
Points Galchenyuk (16) Anisimov/Kane (17) Regional TV: RDS, WGN
PIMS Shaw (20) Panarin/Toews (13) English Radio: TSN 690
+/- Weber (+17) Anisimov (+12) French Radio: FM 98.5

• Upvote 1

Go Habs Go! Looking for a similar effort as against the Wings. Time for Taz to score some goals and Gallagher too

15 minutes ago, Chris said:

The team certainly owes Montenya a better effort, that's for sure.

Maybe that is why Price is resting against the better oponent. Maybe Therrien knows the team feel bad for Montoya and will play their butts off for him tonight. And having that against the Hawks can be a good thing.

8 minutes ago, Dalhabs said:

Maybe that is why Price is resting against the better oponent. Maybe Therrien knows the team feel bad for Montoya and will play their butts off for him tonight. And having that against the Hawks can be a good thing.

I think Price likely isn't scheduled to play both back to back games any time all year, especially this early in the season.

Hopefully Montoya also plays better than last game he played.

Just now, DON said:

I think Price likely isn't scheduled to play both back to back games any time all year, especially this early in the season.

Hopefully Montoya also plays better than last game he played.

Well it would be nice if the team showed up.

15 minutes ago, habs rule said:

Well it would be nice if the team showed up.

The good news is that, if they beat the Hawks with their back-up after two dominating efforts against well-regarded clubs, they'll have made one hell of a statement about which team is likely to still be playing hockey in June.

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

Only lineup change is Montoya?

FFS Therrien, rest some guys in a back-to-back! Even a Pateryn/Hanley swap would help. Have some f*cking balls to change a winning lineup.

I wouldn't get all worked up about it. Why was Pateryn benched and scratched to begin with?

Vs Kings Hanley wasn't the worst d-man and Hanley didn't give up a breakaway for Price to shine on yesterday. That fellow wears #28.

Also, it wasn't like Hanley played 25minutes and was overtaxed yesterday.

Guest Stogey24

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

Only lineup change is Montoya?

FFS Therrien, rest some guys in a back-to-back! Even a Pateryn/Hanley swap would help. Have some f*cking balls to change a winning lineup.

Pateryn should be in 100%  

3 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Pateryn should be in 100%  

Do you know why he was benched to begin with? Was it a bad pass or two vs Bruins that did it?

(it wasn't because Hanley was ripping it up in St Johns that's for sure)

Guest Stogey24

Dlbalr said he's in Therrien's shit books right now.

I actually thought he looked alright? Not too sure what he did that made an AHL'er take his place  

This is gonna be a tough one! Chicago is always a tough team to beat, it'll be even harder knowing our boys played last night!

I hope Therrien puts Pateryn back in. I wasn't impressed with Hanley last night!

See even before that quote, I go into games like this unhappy about the goalie situation. I'm not even complaining about it because I understand the logistics of it. It's a back to back and it's against a Western team but I hate going into games feeling like I knew the outcome before it happened and since every 2 points are important I'd be fine with the coach stepping in from time to time and saying "hey we've got to put our best out there in order to win this one. I do hope I'm wrong, of course. 

It's the Price effect because Montoya is still a competent backup and I was happy we signed him in the off season but it's happened all too often. Our backup plays a game because it was the way it was planned and then we lose the game. This isn't Vancouver after all, it's Chicago. I don't feel as off about this one as usual though and am hoping we can put up a nice fight. Looking forward to it. 

:gohabsgo:

18 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Hanley should not be on this team. 

agreed. He cause Montoya to drop his stick and basically make him lose his concentration!

Overall, I think it was a good period by the Habs. Chicago is pretty damn impressive to watch! They skate hard and move the puck well! Let's hope we can at least salvage a point in this game!!

5 hours ago, Trizzak said:

The D switch is all they could have done.  Flynn's hurt and they don't have anyone else on the roster.

3 hours ago, DON said:

Do you know why he was benched to begin with? Was it a bad pass or two vs Bruins that did it?

(it wasn't because Hanley was ripping it up in St Johns that's for sure)

Pateryn did something against Boston that had him stapled to the bench for the 3rd period.  He also had been benched at times in previous games so he must be doing something the coaches don't like.

12 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

It doesn't help that they're playing him on his wrong side and playing him with Beaulieu who isn't exactly a steadying influence in his own end. 

Fair enough!

Another PP coming up. C'mon boys, make'm pay!