Nov. 13, Habs vs Blackhawks, 7 PM

dlbalr

It feels like the Habs are lacking confidence right now which is odd considering the run they're on.  As soon as Chicago started to push back following Markov's goal, Montreal crumbled in their own zone.  They're collapsing too fast which is opening up the point shot and then they're scrambling from there (Beaulieu did a great job of checking the faceoff dot on the 2nd goal - unfortunately, Hossa was who he should have been covering).  It feels like they're trying to play too fast in their own end because of Chicago's speed instead of making the smarter play and it's coming back to bite them right now.

It was nice to see the Habs show up in the final half of the period and make a game of it.  I actually thought they were going to tie it up.  That said, the better team won.  Montoya had a pretty good bounce back game but hopefully he wasn't trying to play through an injury there towards the end.  Shaw was much more involved tonight, it'll be interesting to see if that gets him going.

Ya knw this was a tough opponent and I expected better from the boys, but I did not see enough of the game to really commentate. We weren't go to win 80 games and I chalk it up to  the better team on this night won.

Sorry to say, not a surprise loss. Petry is still looking for his jockstrap he lost when Kane deaked him out. Wasn't a poor effort, but Markov was in slow motion by the end of his 25+minutes and #28 had another poor outing.

Byron must of been demoted to 3rd line and had low amount of icetime in favour of Shaw who had most icetime of any forward and played well and credited with 6shots/9 hits.

Gallagher & Plekanec had 0 shots.

12 hours ago, Chris said:

Am I the only one who noticed the puck hit the net before the 3rd goal? That's on the coaching staff.

I don't think that can be challenged - only offside or goalie interference.  There's nothing the coaching staff could have done there.

56 minutes ago, Chris said:

No kidding, so if it hits the net and no one sees it, it's just play on? Never knew that

It has come up a few times in recent years.  Some have pushed for it to be included in the Coach's Challenge but it hasn't been added yet.

14 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Who wants to take the GDT for Tuesday's game?

I'll throw one up if nobody has one up by 4 today. Having said that anyone who wants to put one up feel free as it would be great to see everyone who wants to do one have an opportunity. I'll wait till then to give the opportunity.