Dec. 16, IceCaps vs Comets, 7 PM

dlbalr

The suddenly-depleted IceCaps (13-12-2) continue their road trip tonight with a stop in Utica to take on the Comets (10-12-3).

15stj_500.gif

Terry - Audette - Friberg

Farnham - de la Rose - Eisenschmid

Broll - MacMillan - Veilleux

Crisp - Gregoire - Coderre-Gagnon

Hanley - Brouillette

Racine - Lernout

Parisi - Johnston

Danis

(Matteau missed last game with an illness and could be ready for this one.  I also wouldn't be shocked if they went with 7 D if he can't go...)

14uti_500.gif

(Line combos are based on +/- data.)

Bancks - Hamilton - Virtanen

Rodin - Pelletier - Grenier

LaBate - Kunyk - Cassels

Archibald - Valk - Rendulic

Negrin - Subban

Pedan - Robak

Billins - Shields

Demko

Puck drop is at 7:00 PM EST.  IceCaps PBP voice Brian Rogers recently underwent surgery and the team will not be broadcasting games in his absence.  94.9 KRock has the Utica feed.

8 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Worst AHL lineup I've ever seen. 

Some of their ones from late last year could challenge for that claim.  This was from early April against Lehigh Valley:

Scherbak - Dumont - Holloway
Bozon - Miceli - Friberg
McNally - MacMillan - Gregoire
Yogan - Ward - Ranger

Parisi - Didier
Scott - Ellis
Bennett - Johnston

Scrivens

That lineup had a better top line but was full of filler players with no real upside...and John Scott in a top four spot on defence. 

Fair, I was being hyperbolic with worst lineup ever (some of that 2011-12 team was REALLY BAD, when Louis Leblanc was up with the Habs i went to a few games and said I couldn't find a single player with even a good chance at an NHL career)

Still the point remains, that lineup is really bad. 

So they are going with 7 D tonight as Matteau's still out.  That means Samuelsson, who really should be their #1 with Barberio out but has been seemingly permanently banished to the doghouse for not giving 100% in a preseason game, finally gets to play again.

Cz1jOXCVEAAHHVP.png:large

1-0 IceCaps in the 2nd, Veilleux with the goal from Lernout.

2-0 good guys in the 3rd as Gregoire has his fourth of the season.  Imagine that, they finally play him with better players than David Broll and something good happens.  Farnham (who may be the guy to get called up to take Andrighetto's spot) and de la Rose with the assists.