Ducks @ Habs, Dec 20, 20:30

illWill

36 minutes ago, Neech said:

Carey better be ready for the triple deke!

It's pretty much unstoppable, as is the Fulton Reed clapper from the point. Luckily Goldberg is a sieve in net so I think they just need to throw a bunch of shots on goal and they should be fine  

13 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Gallagher on the PP sucking the life out if it again...wtf is wrong with our coaching staff?!

They're experimenting him at centre no less which is a bit odd.  I don't think they want Danault on that unit.

How many goals does Byron score from within a few feet?  Whether it's his breakaways or putting home loose rebounds, it seems like almost all of his goals are from in close.  Nice to see.

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

They're experimenting him at centre no less which is a bit odd.  I don't think they want Danault on that unit.

Gallagher is a total headcase right now that can't handle playing at the level of a 3rd line winger...so to remedy that, add to his responsibilities by putting him at center? 

Yup, sounds like MT logic to me.

The PP is so bad it's embarrassing.  Ducks are handing us opportunities and we are squandering them.  Maybe time for MT to make a statement and play 3rd and 4th line players exclusively on this upcoming PP?

I've liked Gallagher's game tonight.  He hasn't played well recently, but I thought he's been good tonight.

Lack of being able to execute a proper zone entry is killing their PP right now, not Gallagher IMO.   

Need a guy like Galchenyuk who was great at gaining the zone.   

4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I've liked Gallagher's game tonight.  He hasn't played well recently, but I thought he's been good tonight.

Lack of being able to execute a proper zone entry is killing their PP right now, not Gallagher IMO.   

Need a guy like Galchenyuk who was great at gaining the zone.   

I have liked that Gallagher has been back to effective agitating, but he is still handling the puck like a grenade and making questionable decisions when playing it, with positioning, ect.  I am hoping that getting his pest on effectively drives the rest of his game...would be great to get him back to being himself.

Just now, Commandant said:

Its only a second assist... but the man who made that goal happen was Arturri Lehkonen... great, great play to shield off the defender, get the loose puck and make a play with it. . 

Lehkonen has looked really good lately.

48 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I don't want Danault on that unit either, but why are they putting an underperforming winger at center to lose a faceoff in the offensive zone? It's even weird when you consider how inept the Habs are at gaining the zone right now, you'd think winning that faceoff would be paramount. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

I don't want Danault on that unit either, but why are they putting an underperforming winger at center to lose a faceoff in the offensive zone? It's even weird when you consider how inept the Habs are at gaining the zone right now, you'd think winning that faceoff would be paramount. 

That's my biggest concern with this plan.  I get the logic behind the move (a right hand shot, used to playing in front of the net and scoring from in tight not to mention getting one might get some confidence) but Gallagher is consistently bad at faceoffs, even for a winger.  I'd be inclined to try Flynn.  Not only is he their best faceoff guy, he's on a bit of a good run offensively so maybe try to catch lightning in a bottle there.

Great period defensively from the Habs.  They've picked up where they left off on Saturday in that regard.