Montreal Canadiens vs. Tampa Bay Lightning | December 28th, 2016 | 7:30 EST

Habsfan84

4 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

That felt like a pretty dull period overall.  Oh well, they can't all be pretty and I'm not going to complain much about a period that the Habs won on the scoreboard.

Their getting stuck in their own end for minutes at a time definitely gets a bit old to watch, but hey... there are actual offensive pressure and chances in between the defensive shitshow. 

Typical....they stopped attacking and sat back, got pinned in their own end for most of the 3rd, and blew it.  Disgusting loss.

MT is a creature of habit...his team does that far too often....the 3rd period sit back and get shelled routine. 

I want to puke.

Also, #11 back to sucking after a decent effort or two...he was utterly useless tonight.

Weber was the Weber I was worried about tonight...flummoxed by the speed. And somehow his Leadership was not enough to stop the choke. Impossible, supposedly.

But in the bigger picture, TB simply owns us. And they own Price. We're not beating them in a playoff series.

That's a lineup with a lot more top end skill than ours, even with Stamkos out.  If we want to beat them we have to play a tight defensive game, which was obviously not on display tonight.  Can't say we deserved more than a point from this one, but there were still some positives from a lineup with huge holes.  Carr looks like a gamer if he can cut the mistakes in the D zone.

Is Pleks going to get hot for even 5 games this year?

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Weber was the Weber I was worried about tonight...flummoxed by the speed. And somehow his Leadership was not enough to stop the choke. Impossible, supposedly.

But in the bigger picture, TB simply owns us. And they own Price. We're not beating them in a playoff series.

I think Montreal beat Tampa the last five meetings. This game was a big momentum shift for the Bolts. And it all started with Weber going for a big check with the Habs in the lead. If hit momentum exists, it was on full display there. Tampa took the game over. 

12 hours ago, Commandant said:

Running around in their own end leads to Hedman's goal.

Thats the limitation of Emelin-Weber when you face a quick line like the Triplets. 

Which game are you talking about?

Hedman goal came when both Gallagher and Danault coughed up puck to one TB player. And another good game by McCarron eh!

That was one fugly 3rd period though, feel bad for Price when both Gallagher and Weber basically gift wrap 2 of Tampa goals.