Habs @ Stars, Jan 4, 20:00 ET

illWill

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple bits from Reusch blog.

….Dallas is 1-6-2 vs. Eastern Conference teams. (Last season they were 20-9-3 vs. the East)   The Canadiens 7-5-1 vs. the West.

….Canadiens offense has produced 40 shots on goal in each of the last three games – 124 in total.

….Jeff Petry has seven shots on goal vs. Nashville. His 41 shots over the last 11 games leads the Canadiens. Max Pacioretty is second with 39 over that stretch.

http://thereuschblog.com/?p=43023

:gohabsgo:

Darn which game to choose. Canadian Juniors or Habs? Tough choice. Probably go with Juniors since the game is more important. Will be switching back regularly and good thing their intermissions will be staggered with two different start times. 

Hope they keep up the effort level that they had in the past little while. Go Habs Go!

I can't get over just how green those Dallas uniforms are... they look like shamrocks out there.  Dallas sports teams have no colour system for their uniforms.  They need fashion help.

Decent period from the Habs.  I don't think anyone saw that fight coming between Mitchell (who never fights) and Sharp (who has had two concussions this season).  Johnston actually looked okay out there as well in five minutes of ice time.

4 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Byron injured. 

Make it stop, for god's sake make it stop.

It'd be quite a challenge to figure out who should be next in line for a recall.  Andrighetto has been back and forth but his waiver clock is about to reset which is why I think Farnham got the call.  If he's out of the equation, it might be Matteau or de la Rose next.  Yikes.

That period wasn't anywhere near as pretty for Montreal.  The defensive zone coverage was not good.

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

It'd be quite a challenge to figure out who should be next in line for a recall.  Andrighetto has been back and forth but his waiver clock is about to reset which is why I think Farnham got the call.  If he's out of the equation, it might be Matteau or de la Rose next.  Yikes.

That period wasn't anywhere near as pretty for Montreal.  The defensive zone coverage was not good.

We need skills, not more grinders, and it could be time to give Scherbak a chance. 

Although Delarose has produced consistently as of late, I would prefer seeing him than Farnham on the fourth line. 

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Make a claim on Matt Nieto? Not really much of an upgrade but only 24 and a former 2nd round pick. He's an NHL player at least with 221 games played.

Just now, CerebusClone said:

We need skills, not more grinders, and it could be time to give Scherbak a chance. 

Although Delarose has produced consistently as of late, I would prefer seeing him than Farnham on the fourth line. 

Scherbak's just coming back into the lineup and is still a major risk in his own end.  Given the circumstances, it wouldn't shock me if he was brought up but he's a top six or bust guy at this stage.  I'm not sure they're willing to bring him up and hand him a top six spot in this situation.

1 minute ago, Habsfan84 said:

Make a claim on Matt Nieto? Not really much of an upgrade but only 24 and a former 2nd round pick. He's an NHL player at least with 221 games played.

This would work too.  Young, cheap, with a bit of NHL success.  I'd put in a claim for him.

Just now, dlbalr said:

Scherbak's just coming back into the lineup and is still a major risk in his own end.  Given the circumstances, it wouldn't shock me if he was brought up but he's a top six or bust guy at this stage.  I'm not sure they're willing to bring him up and hand him a top six spot in this situation.

True, but he's been pretty good and somewhat consistent this season in the AHL. I doubt he will be recalled, but at this point we need players who can do something with a puck. 

Goal by Pacioretty on the PP!!!

Bad news though as Gallagher appears to have hurt his hand on Weber's shot. Please don't be too bad but it did not look good. Probably out for a while.