Capitals @ Canadiens, Jan 9, 19:30 ET

illWill

I'm not a fan of Carr sitting this one.  He's been playing a lot better as of late and Andrighetto has done next to nothing in pretty much every game he's played.  How many more chances does he need?  (I'm also a bit surprised Terry's out again - he was playing fine and was actually starting to produce before he got sat down.)

I assume Eller will get a video montage, standing ovation, bouquet of flowers and a banner hung to the rafters for his contribution to the Habs. This is purely based on how much I've defended him over the years. Still waiting for him to break out anytime now.......

23 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I'm not a fan of Carr sitting this one.  He's been playing a lot better as of late and Andrighetto has done next to nothing in pretty much every game he's played.  How many more chances does he need?  (I'm also a bit surprised Terry's out again - he was playing fine and was actually starting to produce before he got sat down.)

Id have sat farnham

Chris is right.

Especially a successful trip.

To win tonight will have to hold the Caps to two or less.

I'd bet on a 4-2 Caps win. 

Got a bad feeling Jay Beagle will score tonight. 

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Yep. Carr and Terry should draw in. Puzzling decisions from Le Genius.

Not a great period from the Habs aside from the last minute.  That's more of what was to be expected based on their lineup.  They're probably not going to control the play and dominate the possession game so when they get their chances, they'll need to be opportunistic.

5 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Don't understand why he's playing over Terry and Carr. 

I can sort of understand him playing this game with Wilson and O'Brien in there.  I also think he'll play in Winnipeg for a similar reason.  (But I don't have to like him being there...)

That was a team firing on all cylinders running into a depleted team that didn't show up to compete all that hard.  Carey held the fort early, but then it evened out (effort/reward ratio for the Caps, that is) and the score ended up being indicative of the overall game.