Capitals @ Canadiens, Jan 9, 19:30 ET

illWill

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I remember vividly that Patrick Roy had quite a mediocre regular season in 1993. The playoffs saw, ahem, a slight improvement ;)

85-86 Rookie Roy 0.875% in reg season, 92-93 0.894%, two of his worst reg seasons (86-87 .891% was only other sub .900 year)

20 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I remember vividly that Patrick Roy had quite a mediocre regular season in 1993. The playoffs saw, ahem, a slight improvement ;)

Exactly. His last 2-3 months of the season were terrible, yet we all know what he did once the playoffs started!

5 hours ago, Habsfan said:

Exactly. His last 2-3 months of the season were terrible, yet we all know what he did once the playoffs started!

Terribly. There was a chance he didn't start game three. I feel all Habs fans should rewatch 93 and see just how many narratives they now believe that are not really the case. Like how the Habs were a weak team at forward. Honestly without Damphousse there's no second round. Without Desjardins maturing that year there's no Cup. Without Bellows playing some of the last great hockey of his career to spite the North Stars the club would have serious trouble. Savard was still a very good hockey player and losing him and still winning was a testament to their depth. The Devils learned from Montreal and built their 95 team in a similar fashion.