Radulov extension?

BCHabnut

- I'd put it at less than 50/50 that it happens by the trade deadline.  I think Bergevin's preference is to see how the entire year goes and decide based on that.

- I think he'd like a 6-7 year deal.  I suspect there won't be many (if any) teams willing to go that high so I'd peg a 5 year deal as the most likely.  Maybe 6 if the Habs decide to extend him early but again, I don't think that's particularly likely.

- Assuming the second half plays out similar to the first, he's going to be around 65 points.  You might be able to stick a decimal halfway through that number and be close to what the cap hit would be in terms of millions per season.  He's arguably the top forward in a weak UFA class but if the cap stays somewhat flat again, I don't think there will be a lot of teams going after him at $7M+.

Ideally I'd like to sign him to a 3-4 year contract at 6.5 million per year...but most likely, MB will have no choice but to offer him a longer term deal (in the 5 to 6 year range)

I could live with a 5 year 30 million$ deal!

1 hour ago, illWill said:

I thought he signed an extension when I read the thread title. Je suis très disappointed 

No kidding. So many emotions.

May as well create a new thread titled 'Carey Price injured' and have the post be "He was injured before, will he be injured again?" if we're just gonna troll with thread titles now. 

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Take it easy. All he has to do is add a "?" to the thread title.

So surely you can understand the confusion when punctuation is omitted from the title. In this case context is everything. Radulov isn't guaranteed to sign an extension, and the only team that could sign him to said extension would be the Habs. So when a thread simply titled "Radulov extension" appears, to me it implies he has signed one because it doesn't exist otherwise. 

Regardless, pay the man his money. He seems to love Montreal and Montreal loves him. Getting a player like that via UFA is rare. He's a harder working Kovalev with a less lethal shot

12 hours ago, illWill said:

So surely you can understand the confusion when punctuation is omitted from the title. In this case context is everything. Radulov isn't guaranteed to sign an extension, and the only team that could sign him to said extension would be the Habs. So when a thread simply titled "Radulov extension" appears, to me it implies he has signed one because it doesn't exist otherwise. 

Regardless, pay the man his money. He seems to love Montreal and Montreal loves him. Getting a player like that via UFA is rare. He's a harder working Kovalev with a less lethal shot

Seems wanting Bergevin to re-up Radulov is same as hiring Muller and 100% of HabFans are all thumbs up.

4 hours ago, DON said:

SO what should we offer? $6m for 3 years? Would he accept that?

I seriously doubt Radu would go for a short term contract. He's gonna want at least 5 or 6 years...

• 3 weeks later...

As TVA sports point out today on their website, the contracts of Eriksson, Ladd, Steen and Pominville should be used as comparables for Radu.

Coming from a 60-70 pts season,  about 30-32 years old.

Dosent fill me a lot of faith that deal is a lock. How much would Galchenyuk & he demand? $14m between them? Is that doable, with Price reupping the following year?

26 minutes ago, DON said:

Dosent fill me a lot of faith that deal is a lock. How much would Galchenyuk & he demand? $14m between them? Is that doable, with Price reupping the following year?

Right now Price and Radulov go for almost 12 million so thats not really a big increase. 

You have the Parenteau buyout off the books, plus Desharnais, plus Plekanec's money... and Markov and Emelin, all in that time span too.