Habs @ Devils, Jan 20, 19:30 ET

illWill

I didn't mind redmond.  Not great, but he's better than Johnston.  

I'd prefer Emelin - Redmond and

Barberio - Pateryn, than putting Barbs and Redmond together.  Reminds me of the problems Campoli-Kaberle had together.  You just can't put two soft puck movers together, they need an anchor. 

12 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

Good effort from the boys tonight.

Weber and Beaulieu sure had a game 

Great game from Beaulieu.

He's such a tease.  He has the skills, we've seen them.  He just can't play consistently at a top 4 D level.  I'm not even asking for a number 2.  I want him to be a consistent #4

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Great game from Beaulieu.

He's such a tease.  He has the skills, we've seen them.  He just can't play consistently at a top 4 D level.  I'm not even asking for a number 2.  I want him to be a consistent #4

Indeed

I feel like he has done a lot better this year but he is still inconsistent and has some terrible defensive lapses. If he could turn into a solid #4 he would make me a happy man.

• Upvote 1

That was a well played game by Montreal.  Against a very weak defense though, but still I was impressed with the efforts to get sticks on pucks and break up plays. Mirror image of the penguins game but this time it was our guy's. 

They'll need the same kind of effort to beat the Sabres tonight! It was nice to see Rads, Chucky and Max click last night. Let's hope it can continue for a while. Beaulieu was really good and so was Weber.

I would like to see Carey get a shutout tonight! Oups! i hope it didn't jinx it for him!?

11 hours ago, Scott462 said:

Indeed

I feel like he has done a lot better this year but he is still inconsistent and has some terrible defensive lapses. If he could turn into a solid #4 he would make me a happy man.

The thing with Nate is that he had clearly improved this season,  which is the first year in which we see him really making an impact on some nights. He may always be an inconsistent player, but that he is still growing as a player is something we should think about when contemplating trades,  etc. 

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The thing with Nate is that he had clearly improved this season,  which is the first year in which we see him really making an impact on some nights. He may always be an inconsistent player, but that he is still growing as a player is something we should think about when contemplating trades,  etc. 

Agreed! I'm always amazed at how people seem to forget that it always takes longer for defensemen to develop. Nate is only 24 yrs old. I think that by the time he's 26, we won't be hearing anyone asking MB to trade him out of town!

Guest Stogey24

By the time Beaulieu is 26, this team is paying Carey Price 12 million a year. 

The entire reason he's in trade speculation is because this team is win now. Not the fact that he'll never be a consistent player. 

57 minutes ago, Habsfan said:

Agreed! I'm always amazed at how people seem to forget that it always takes longer for defensemen to develop. Nate is only 24 yrs old. I think that by the time he's 26, we won't be hearing anyone asking MB to trade him out of town!

Who you kidding...you do know you are talking about HabFans don't you? If he or any Hab has bad stretch of games they will be openly booed, heavily criticized be many and added to many a trade proposal.:tigi: