Fatigue, Busy Schedule becoming an Issue for Habs

Commandant

Busy Schedule and Fatigue becoming an Issue for Habs.

The Montreal Canadiens fatigue is showing. They have recently just come off a period where they played eight games in 13 days. The team’s fatigue gets exposed with each passing game. This is particularly true in the second half of a back-to-back. In the last two weeks, the Canadiens played two back-to-backs, losing both of the latter games in dramatic fashion. While both the losses to the Minnesota Wild and Buffalo Sabres seem and are different, there are a lot of similarities.

http://lastwordonhockey.com/2017/01/25/montreal-canadiens-fatigue-showing/

All the teams have the same shitty condensed schedules, so fatigue shouldnt be an excuse but likely is setting in. Mid Jan to Mid Feb was always a time when some guys struggled for no good reason, other than too much hockey. 70 gm season would be fine by me and can skip on most of pre-season $$grabs also. 5 game 1st round of playoffs might help speed up the cup winning game out of June.

10 hours ago, DON said:

All the teams have the same shitty condensed schedules, so fatigue shouldnt be an excuse but likely is setting in. Mid Jan to Mid Feb was always a time when some guys struggled for no good reason, other than too much hockey. 70 gm season would be fine by me and can skip on most of pre-season $$grabs also. 5 game 1st round of playoffs might help speed up the cup winning game out of June.

Are we still generating most of the revenue via ticket sales or did the Rogers TV deal change us to a legitimate tv sport? 

On 1/25/2017 at 0:44 PM, Commandant said:

Busy Schedule and Fatigue becoming an Issue for Habs.

The Montreal Canadiens fatigue is showing. They have recently just come off a period where they played eight games in 13 days. The team’s fatigue gets exposed with each passing game. This is particularly true in the second half of a back-to-back. In the last two weeks, the Canadiens played two back-to-backs, losing both of the latter games in dramatic fashion. While both the losses to the Minnesota Wild and Buffalo Sabres seem and are different, there are a lot of similarities.

http://lastwordonhockey.com/2017/01/25/montreal-canadiens-fatigue-showing/

And I agree that fatigue necessarily is a killer in our NHL.. 82 GAMES.... 82!! That is simply insane. What kind of a freak would you have to be to be keen or even mildly interested over 82 games! And TIRED! Drag ass tired! We're insane and everyone's greedy.. 2 games a week is probably way too much.. We're nuts. 

I've hidden the offending comments, so this might seem out of context... but just a reminder that there is no tolerance for personal attacks.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, lazy26 said:

I've hidden the offending comments, so this might seem out of context... but just a reminder that there is no tolerance for personal attacks.

Thanks for doing that...that was one of the most appalling out-of-nowhere verbal assaults I've ever seen on this site.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Thanks for doing that...that was one of the most appalling out-of-nowhere verbal assaults I've ever seen on this site.

Agree and was just so rude, not sure what his issue really was? 

8 hours ago, lazy26 said:

I sensed he didn't like Canadians...