Habs acquire Nesterov

Trizzak

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Why did TB make this deal? I know it's relatively minor, but still seems, at face value, and clear win for us - ?

Expected to lose him to waivers with a very good chance of him going back to Russia in the summer. Tampa got a sixth round and a meh prospect instead of nothing.

Good pick up for Bergevin though.

Nesterov isn't close to Dandanault speed and i believe he had pretty good size. 

If he plays d it will be for Barbario, not Redmond. As scary as that bottom pair is, putting Barbario and Nesterov together would be really soft. 

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

yes

Thanks Commandant. I have been trying to keep an eye on players that will go unprotected. It is interesting from doing that to see that the AHL-ers they have been inexplicably playing (like DLR) are those would need to be protected. 

21 minutes ago, DON said:

Is he good enough to play right side and have Pateryn sit?

I haven't seen enough of his games to put a label on him.

Dépends on how he plays (physical, skilled, puck moving, grit, etc)

I guess that when Petry is healthy, dependding on Nesterov's label, Pateryn and him could alternate to match the opposing team's profile.

I wouldn't use a Pateryn against faster, more skilled teams.  If Nesterov fits this profile better, I would definitely use him instead.